Why I Admire Donald J Trump and Will Happily Vote For Him in This Election

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Donald Trump is not a perfect candidate nor will he make a perfect President, but such things are only abstract anyway. Who is perfect for anything? We watch TV shows and movies and read books about these perfect heroes who always have the perfectly perfect thing to say at the perfect time and guess what? That is perfectly horse shit.

Reality does not work that way. What events and experiences in a persons life that makes them exceptional also gives them flaws. There does not exist the person that consists of only virtues with no flaws. That is fantasy.

Does Trump have flaws? Sure he does, and I would start with him being a Yankee, but I learned a long time ago to not hold the circumstances of birth against anyone. Not everyone can be born a Texan, else where would we get the losers to trounce from time to time?

But back to Trump. That man has had a rough and challenging life, believe it or not. The construction world is not a gentle one with no safe zones there. You have to deal with some hard headed people in that profession and even harder headed competition. While real estate and construction are tough industries that have swallowed many a good man whole, the New York real estate market is perhaps the toughest market on the planet. And Donald J Trump not only survived, he thrived in it.

Now people have laid some truthful charges at Trumps door for his business practices, claiming he has engaged in a lot of lawsuits and refused to pay many of his contractors, but consider three things on this; 1) these builder types have to deal with some pretty rough folks who will find a legal grip to put on you and they will ride you into the ground EACH AND EVERY TIME. Trump has had to deal with a lot of these kinds of people, so yes, that does involve more lawsuits than if he had been selling shoes at the mall. 2) He has had to refuse payment to people who have failed to meet the criteria of their contracts. That is why they have contracts. 3) If Trump was excessively harsh and cheated people enough to get a rep for it, he would have found no one willing to do business with him, but that is far from the case. So I take these claims against Trump as a sign of his success and good business dealings and figure most of the whiners are deserving of their loss.

But I say I admire Trump, not merely respect him, but admire him. Why? Well because the man is exceptional in many fields of endeavor, he has a great family and he has done something that few ever do; he has beaten the best of a highly skilled profession (called "politics") and he has done it as a complete amateur.

Trump has done the equivalent of walking in off the street and winning a professional billiards tournament without ever having played in one before. Or a professional chess tournament. That NEVER happens, folks for good reasons, in real life because the pros are full time gifted people at these things, and an amateur does not have the craft, the experience or the training to match the pros, much less beat them soundly as Trump has done by winning the GOP nomination and probably the Presidency against 17 pro competitors who have done little else but run for office their whole lives.

Trump comes from a world where RESULTS are the only thing that matters. You can believe in Big Foot or Communism, it does not matter as long as you bring your project in on time and under budget. And he not only survived but he thrived there. And he also learned how to work a crowd and the mass media in his TV program, which helped him to understand how to put his message out in unconventional ways that he really did need to get around the Major Media Embargo placed on him.

We can desperately use men like him to shake some of the encrusted barnacles off our ship of state.

We desperately need men like him to rework our disastrous international relations and our self destructive trade treaties. We need men like him to run out the criminal aliens and to set this nation back on track to being that "shining city on a hill".

Donald Trump is not the most erudite man on the planet, but you dont get ACHIEVERS from reading books.

You get such men from the frontiers of the real world where it takes sweat, brains, brass and balls to survive.

That man is Donald J Trump and the USA needs him to drain the swamp and rebuild our nation's macro-institutions to be deserving of the great promise the USA once was and can be again.

We need Trump to deliver what he has promised and only he can give us; faith in ourselves, fervor for what is right, and the energy to lead us there.

We need a true leader like Trump.

Hugely.

Last edited:
Trump is a beacon of competence indeed, love him or hate him... Whatever he touches seems to turn into gold.

Donald Trump is not a perfect candidate nor will he make a perfect President, but such things are only abstract anyway. Who is perfect for anything? We watch TV shows and movies and read books about these perfect heroes who always have the perfectly perfect thing to say at the perfect time and guess what? That is perfectly horse shit.

Reality does not work that way. What events and experiences in a persons life that makes them exceptional also gives them flaws. There does not exist the person that consists of only virtues with no flaws. That is fantasy.

Does Trump have flaws? Sure he does, and I would start with him being a Yankee, but I learned a long time ago to not hold the circumstances of birth against anyone. Not everyone can be born a Texan, else where would we get the losers to trounce from time to time?

But back to Trump. That man has had a rough and challenging life, believe it or not. The construction world is not a gentle one with no safe zones there. You have to deal with some hard headed people in that profession and even harder headed competition. While real estate and construction are tough industries that have swallowed many a good man whole, the New York real estate market is perhaps the toughest market on the planet. And Donald J Trump not only survived, he thrived in it.

Now people have laid some truthful charges at Trumps door for his business practices, claiming he has engaged in a lot of lawsuits and refused to pay many of his contractors, but consider three things on this; 1) these builder types have to deal with some pretty rough folks who will find a legal grip to put on you and they will ride you into the ground EACH AND EVERY TIME. Trump has had to deal with a lot of these kinds of people, so yes, that does involve more lawsuits than if he had been selling shoes at the mall. 2) He has had to refuse payment to people who have failed to meet the criteria of their contracts. That is why they have contracts. 3) If Trump was excessively harsh and cheated people enough to get a rep for it, he would have found no one willing to do business with him, but that is far from the case. So I take these claims against Trump as a sign of his success and good business dealings and figure most of the whiners are deserving of their loss.

But I say I admire Trump, not merely respect him, but admire him. Why? Well because the man is exceptional in many fields of endeavor, he has a great family and he has done something that few ever do; he has beaten the best of a highly skilled profession (called "politics") and he has done it as a complete amateur.

Trump has done the equivalent of walking in off the street and winning a professional billiards tournament without ever having played in one before. Or a professional chess tournament. That NEVER happens, folks for good reasons, in real life because the pros are full time gifted people at these things, and an amateur does not have the craft, the experience or the training to match the pros, much less beat them soundly as Trump has done.

Trump comes from a world where RESULTS are the only thing that matters. You can believe in Big Foot or Communism, it does not matter as long as you bring your project in on time and under budget. And he not only survived but he thrived there. And he also learned how to work a crowd and the mass media in his TV program, which helped him to understand how to put his message out in unconventional ways that he really did need to get around the Major Media Embargo placed on him.

We can desperately use men like him to shake some of the encrusted barnacles off our ship of state.

We desperately need men like him to rework our disastrous international relations and our self destructive trade treaties. We need men like him to run out the criminal aliens and to set this nation back on track to being that "shining city on a hill".

Donald Trump is not the most erudite man on the planet, but you dont get ACHIEVERS from reading books.

You get such men from the frontiers of the real world where it takes sweat, brains, brass and balls to survive.

That man is Donald J Trump and the USA needs him to drain the swamp and rebuild our nation's macro-institutions to be deserving of the great promise the USA once was and can be again.

We need Trump to deliver what he has promised and only he can give us; faith in ourselves, fervor for what is right, and the energy to lead us there.

Hugely.

Excellent, I wish Trump would have been pushing that the whole cycle.

Trump is a beacon of competence indeed, love him or hate him... Whatever he touches seems to turn into gold.
It is simply astonishing to hear the Trump haters accuse the man of being incompetent and a failure when he is a self-made billionaire.

It is simply astonishing to hear the Trump haters accuse the man of being incompetent and a failure when he is a self-made billionaire.

They are projecting. Trump has a business failure rate of about 5%. The average failure rate is something like 85% in the first 10 years. Somehow they always fail to mention the 2nd sentence, I wonder why?

They want to paint him as a dumb redneck... the problem is that it's simply not true.

Last edited:
The construction world is not a gentle one with no safe zones there.

Oh poster please. Rump has never actually held a job in his life, let alone toiled.

I stopped reading there. Reading self-delusion makes me throw up. Face it, you're a Rumpbot because you're an authoritarian-passive looking for some Daddy figure to tell you what to do and you're driven by emotion at the expense of intellect.

Thought I'd sum it up for ya. Saves words.

Ummmm..... being on the receiving end of Daddy throwing money at you isn't "self-made", idiot.

Mr. Trump is the presidential candidate I have been waiting for and so have many Americans. This country needs a true leader that comes from the private sector. They know how to reduce costs for their businesses, albeit painful at times. But in the long run, with competent leadership, the business they run prospers.

Hillary is in this race for her own creation of wealth. How does someone leave office dead broke and in a matter of a few years amass $100s of millions?

Pay for play.

The construction world is not a gentle one with no safe zones there.

Oh poster please. Rump has never actually held a job in his life, let alone toiled.

I stopped reading there. Reading self-delusion makes me throw up. Face it, you're a Rumpbot because you're an authoritarian-passive looking for some Daddy figure to tell you what to do and you're driven by emotion at the expense of intellect.

Thought I'd sum it up for ya. Saves words.

The irony in this post is through the roof. In your sentence where your authoritarian mind has decided what others think, you call them authoritarian. What a moron...

Ummmm..... being on the receiving end of Daddy throwing money at you isn't "self-made", idiot.

He's a self made billionaire... ignoring the facts doesn't make them go away.

Nope it sure doesn't.
That's exactly my point.

Maybe this isn't widely known but Doublethink is fiction.

If that were true, he would be paying income tax on his profits. Evidently, he lost so much money in one year that he did not have to pay taxes for 10 years or more.

Self made? How much money did daddy give him? How many times did daddy bail him out? How much did he inherit?

Self made? A self made bigot, groper, liar, business cheat, fraud (trump U) and possibly child rapist.

Mr. Trump is the presidential candidate I have been waiting for and so have many Americans. This country needs a true leader that comes from the private sector. They know how to reduce costs for their businesses, albeit painful at times. But in the long run, with competent leadership, the business they run prospers.

Hillary is in this race for her own creation of wealth.

What the fuck do you think commercial business DOES? Makes money for other people? Makes money and gives it away??

What Rump does is moves other people's money (OPM) around so he can profit from it. That's what he's done all his life and he never has enough, because of that deranged ego problem. He's addicted to OPM.

How the HELL do you figure he just suddenly does a 180 on that after 70 years of doing the opposite?

If that were true, he would be paying income tax on his profits. Evidently, he lost so much money in one year that he did not have to pay taxes for 10 years or more.

He is paying income taxes on his profits... duh. Not EVERY YEAR is necessarily a beacon of success, I never said that. Business is RISKY, inherently. Of course, you would know nothing about it as you are everything he isn't.

Yuh huh. Like Rump Shuttle?
Like the Taj Mahal?
Like Rump Vodka?
Rump Steaks?
GoRump Travel?
Rump Mortgage?
Rump Water? Eww.

Think you spelled "goldbrick" wrong.

Trump has done the equivalent of walking in off the street and winning a professional billiards tournament without ever having played in one before. Or a professional chess tournament. That NEVER happens, folks for good reasons, in real life because the pros are full time gifted people at these things, and an amateur does not have the craft, the experience or the training to match the pros, much less beat them soundly as Trump has done by winning the GOP nomination and probably the Presidency against 17 pro competitors who have done little else but run for office their whole lives.

Hugely.
484. That's how many threads you've started and you haven't even been here a year.

Are you paid by the GOP? You should be, based on all your thread titles. A true trumpeter

Forum List

Back