Why Haven't Obama's Policies Helped The Economy?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Why? My Opinion is that he hired a bunch of academics to get ideas from instead of listening to people who work in business. In theory (get it ;)) this is a fine idea and could work but in reality it didn't work.

On top of this, after these advisors' ideas have been showed to fail in other countries and are now failing in our country Obama, through his new jobs plan, wants to double down on the same "solutions" we have been using for over 2 years now with no success.

This video explains it so perfectly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZpWej8pF4]I Don't Understand with Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Like FDR and LBJ, Obama's economic policies are SUPPOSED to spread misery and poverty and breed a new generation of government dependent loyal Democrat voters

The 2008 meltdown created a three trillion dollar hole in the economy. Obama tried plugging it with a less than one trillion stimulus. We're also facing massive unemployment, something that's a legacy of the 2008 meltdown and that can't really be blamed on Obama. We're also facing a consumer strike, as consumers (consumer spending is 70% of GDP) cut spending as their equity (house, stockls) is shot to bits and they don't know if they'll be in employment next month.

So there's really not a lot he can do. Further stimulus is off the table due to the GOP, consumers aren't going to feel like spending until they've reduced their debt and feel secure in their jobs and the economy in general. It's going to take a long time for things to get better, and it doesn't look like they will anytime soon.

This Administration's policies aren't working because they focus all the power with government and seek to increase that power. They leave nothing for the private sector to do but be good little sheep and obey.

Because so much is right out of the Alinsky playbook or even parts of the Communist Manifesto which our Fearless Leader hasn't figured out yet is bothering a huge segment of the population, many who don't even identify the concepts with a label. People who are uncertain and anxious tend to depress instead of expand economic acivity.

Because this is the most business unfriendly and repressive administration in my memory.

Because they have been systematically and incrementally dismantling the free market system which is the engine of a sound and robust economy.

There's more but that's a good start.

Last edited:
The 2008 meltdown created a three trillion dollar hole in the economy. Obama tried plugging it with a less than one trillion stimulus. We're also facing massive unemployment, something that's a legacy of the 2008 meltdown and that can't really be blamed on Obama. We're also facing a consumer strike, as consumers (consumer spending is 70% of GDP) cut spending as their equity (house, stockls) is shot to bits and they don't know if they'll be in employment next month.

So there's really not a lot he can do. Further stimulus is off the table due to the GOP, consumers aren't going to feel like spending until they've reduced their debt and feel secure in their jobs and the economy in general. It's going to take a long time for things to get better, and it doesn't look like they will anytime soon.

Krugman? Izzatyou?

His polices failed.

He believes Govt is the answer. Its isn't.

The private sector is the engine that runs the economy. Not Govt.

"And I'm saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime." Steve Wynn on the NeoMarxist in the WH

Read more: Wynn CEO Goes On Epic Anti-Obama Rant On Company Conference Call

"And I'm saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime." Steve Wynn on the NeoMarxist in the WH

Read more: Wynn CEO Goes On Epic Anti-Obama Rant On Company Conference Call

Yep, that guy was one of george Bush's biggest supporters and he supported all of Geiorge's successful policies like deregulating the financial industry. He's a big GOP donor and here he is repeating GOP talking points. So what?

Radiation kills 90% of the cancer. 10% remains and begins to grow again. Clearly, radiation failed.

Radiation kills 90% of the cancer. 10% remains and begins to grow again. Clearly, radiation failed.

In that instance it sure did, you still have cancer.

That's an absurd standard. Even though you still have cancer, you're still better off than in the world without radiation.

The standard is no more absurd than your comparison.

Comparing the economy, job market, and obama's policies influence in both is not the same thing as cancer treatments. Apples and Oranges are not the same ;)

It's a very similar situation. Without the stimulus, the economy would have remained in recession throughout 2009 and we'd have several million fewer jobs today. If you think that's a better situation, I don't really know what to tell you.

It's a very similar situation. Without the stimulus, the economy would have remained in recession throughout 2009 and we'd have several million fewer jobs today. If you think that's a better situation, I don't really know what to tell you.

Without the stimulus the bad companies would fail, new companies would prosper, and unemployment would have been under 8% like Obama's advisor said the stimulus would make it.

I agree with the academics that are so smart they're stupid when it comes to the real world.
Also any jobs he does want to create are either union or about to go bankrupt companies, both of which go through money like shit through a goose.

Forum List

Back