Why hasn't the United Negro College Fund changed their name to United African American College Fund?

• Banned
I guess the UNCF was out to lunch that day when Obama signed a bill banning the words "negro" and "oriental" from being used anywhere in the federal government.
Banning words is so un-American.

If they changed their name they'd have to do paperwork and submit it to the government. The delay would cause a halt in money flowing in from coloreds?

A: same reason rappers use n-word in their songs....

Blacks have a language PRIVILEGE.... and they use it.

The word, "Negro" means black, and it refers to a race. Just like Caucasian, Oriental, and Australoid.

There are few American "Blacks" who are pure Negro; indeed, light skinned "Blacks" have long had a privileged position in that community.

"Colored People" was one of those bizarre anacronisms that was invented not to give offense.

Unfortunately, in our fucked up culture, the ability to take offense, regardless of how irrationally, is empowering.

The word, "Negro" means black, and it refers to a race. Just like Caucasian, Oriental, and Australoid.

There are few American "Blacks" who are pure Negro; indeed, light skinned "Blacks" have long had a privileged position in that community.

"Colored People" was one of those bizarre anacronisms that was invented not to give offense.

Unfortunately, in our fucked up culture, the ability to take offense, regardless of how irrationally, is empowering.
No one gave whites permission to arbitrarily define the races. Spanish isnt the language most Blacks speak so miss me with that Negro shit.

Definitions are neither "white" nor any other race/ethnicity. It is what it is.

What, exactly, is the language that most Blacks speak? I suspect Spanish is near the top, if not at the top of the list.

Definitions are neither "white" nor any other race/ethnicity. It is what it is.

What, exactly, is the language that most Blacks speak? I suspect Spanish is near the top, if not at the top of the list.
Blacks speak many languages. We are the race with the most polyglots. Spanish is nowhere near the top of the list.

I thought the word Negro was racist, or is that only when white people use it?
Only when whites use it.
What do Negroes have against white people using the word Negro?
We didnt give you permission to use it when referencing us is my only thing about it.

Massive double standard at best.
Tough shit. I dont run around complaining about how white people wont be happy about me calling them honky. Some things you simply dont have permissions to do because you dont have membership into the club. White people are the only people I know that whine about such things. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back