Why has this not been made into a movie....???

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
List of movies you cannot believe don't exist....

For me - HALO.
I am dumbfounded why a HALO movie was never made. Yes I am aware of the small, low budget made for TV one that sucked.
It is crazy. One of the most successful video game franchises ever, and in my opinion unrivaled story line. No other video game ever made has the deep story line of HALO.
But.... to no one's surprise, the reason the movie has not been made is fucking Micro$oft. They wanted more money from the studios. And they wanted complete control of content. Even though Micro$oft doesn't have a clue about making movies.
In yet another missed opportunity by the bungling management of this company... a possible near Star Wars monumental movie franchise possible that would have made more money that the video game ever could possibly ever done.

And BTW if you want to know the possibility of how popular a movie series on Halo could have been... just check out "Red vs. Blue"... a group of young guys playing around with the movie making app that came with the game... started making a video series.
The first episode has nearly 5,000,000 views on youtube.

Margret Wise, Tracy Hickman... Chronicles Trilogy... Hell.. It would be great if they made a movie about the "The Cataclysm" of the world.

I would absolutely LOVE if it if they made a move about the Renshai Chronicles Series by Mickey Zucker Reichert... Don't think that'll ever happen... But I would certainly give that a go.

Swan Song by Robert McGammon. But noooooooo...they have to do S. Kings "It" and "The Stand" and "The Dark Tower", etc. They WUVS them some assholey stephen king.

If anyone has read McGammon's Swan Song, you would realize it is WAY BETTER than The Stand. WAY better. Same concept. Good vs Evil. But MUCH MUCH better.

Swan Song by Robert McGammon. But noooooooo...they have to do S. Kings "It" and "The Stand" and "The Dark Tower", etc. They WUVS them some assholey stephen king.

If anyone has read McGammon's Swan Song, you would realize it is WAY BETTER than The Stand. WAY better. Same concept. Good vs Evil. But MUCH MUCH better.
The Stand is an amazing book. I have said for years I don't see how it could be made into a movie due to the length and complexity of the book. The 1994 mini-series was absolutely atrocious. I remember not even finishing one episode. Old made for TV shows were always lousy.
I have not watched the newer one because the studio's are holding the show hostage. In order to watch it you have to sign up for Paramount +.

The Stand is an amazing book. I have said for years I don't see how it could be made into a movie due to the length and complexity of the book. The 1994 mini-series was absolutely atrocious. I remember not even finishing one episode. Old made for TV shows were always lousy.
I have not watched the newer one because the studio's are holding the show hostage. In order to watch it you have to sign up for Paramount +.
Read. Swan. Song.
Trust me. It's BETTER than The Stand.

Last edited:
And while yer at it, read Wolfs Hour. Same author. Set in Germany WW2....main character is a "special agent" from the British. I won't say what he specialty is, but you'll love how he steals the plots, plans and maps from Rommel. :biggrin:

Stinger is good too. Again, same author. Aliens battling and the nice one lands on earth...the mean one is hunting the nice one. Humans get caught twixt the two.

Another one (same author) is a tale about The House of Usher by Poe, but it's called Ushers Passing. Tells how they got the malady supposedly.

It was a TV miniseries on ABC in the 80's and has recently been remade and is available on Paramount.

I have always wondered why Snow Crash (by Neal Stephenson) has not been made into a movie. But chances are, they would screw it up.

It was a TV miniseries on ABC in the 80's and has recently been remade and is available on Paramount.
Is the Paramount movie any good?

Is the Paramount movie any good?
Haven't seen it. Here's the trailer.

Another one, perhaps for a good mini-series done well by HBO or Netflix... The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
Very good Sci-Fi series. I loved these books many years ago.
Deeper story line than most sci-fi.
tho.jpg

Forum List

Back