Why has racism become politically and commercially acceptable?

“Racism” has been so broadly expanded. What is it anymore?
Originally racism meant the belief that one race is inherently superior to another race. Like if anyone thinks that their race is somehow superior to a group of tribesmen who are naked and hunt with spears and dont even have a written language, that is racism.
Now days the definition of racism has been broadened to include predudice or discrimination based on race. Such as violently attacking someone simply because they are a different race.

Last edited:
“Racism” has been so broadly expanded. What is it anymore?
Originally racism meant the belief that one race is inherently superior to another race. Like if anyone thinks that their race is somehow superior to a group of tribesmen who are naked and hunt with spears and dont even have a written language, that is racism.
Now days the definition of racism has been broadened to include predudice or discrimination based on race. Such as violently attacking someone simply because they are a different race.

Racist
Prejudice
Racial
Stereotype

All are related but have different meanings and different contexts. Today, it all rolls up to being racist; especially among those with agendas. I maintain that everyone exercises racial and stereotype statements but I don’t think that alone makes one racist.

The GOVERNMENT here in KC is literally promoting apps that will direct you to ONLY black owned businesses. Now we have BOB, Black Owned Businesses.

When did this shit become acceptable again?

Can you imagine an app exclusively for white people and promoted by your local government?

Maybe I can promote my remodeling business based on my SKIN COLOR??? Nothing says qualification and quality like SKIN COLOR right?

Stupid......

You're right it's not fair. But I prefer this over government handouts to blacks. They still have to compete for your business.

I do agree with you on the part that government should not be promoting discrimination like this though. And I think you should be perfectly free to start a similar app for white businesses. Though I wouldn't use it personally.

What's wrong with the concept though is that black businesses in white areas are not disadvantaged, black businesses in poor black neighborhoods are because their customer base is disadvantaged. When you go to a black owned business in a suburban strip mall, they are no different than white owned businesses in the same location
I have NEVER sought out the race of a business I was involved with.
The thought of seeking to do business solely based on skin color is a slap in the face to race relations and all the progress we've made over the years. We are only further dividing our population with this kind of bullshit.
If you own a business you should not be forced to serve anybody you don't want to.
Uh can't agree brother... If I walk into a black owned business as an American with money in my pocket, and I am seeking to purchase a product from the business, and it attempts to not serve me because of my skin color, then they should be fined, and maybe even shut down depending on the situation. Of course my pants would be up in my hips where they are supposed to be, and I wouldn't be cursing and carrying on in a disrespectful way. Just saying.

If a person is bad, and the owner has an issue with a person's bad character that is coupled with bad actions taken, then yes that owner should be able to ask the person to leave. If doesn't, then the police should be called.

That's ridiculous. That money is involved doesn't mean our due process rights are waived.

Get off your lazy ass and go to their competitor across the street who wants your money.

And the odds of that happening are virtually zero. Even the Montgomery Bus Company in Alabama in the 50s ... OPPOSED ... Jim Crow laws that made their best customers move to the back or stand.

You waive people's rights, give government massive power in the ridiculous attempt to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Why aren't you a Democrat?

What you are arguing is that exchanging money means we are slave to government. At the point of a gun, they can force us into involuntary servitude. It's not your business, it's not the government's business, it's the owner's business.

You have no more legitimate right to force me to sell you a bag of chips as you do to borrow my car. My business, my car ...
Bullcrap I don't you crazy person... If I come into your black owned store, and I lay a bag of chips on your counter to purchase, and you refuse me based upon my skin color, then you should and would be fined in violation of the same civil rights laws that represent blacks in America. You can't be this stupid can you ?? I hope you just misunderstood my post maybe, because in the past you seemed smarter than this. Maybe it's not your topic/expertise or something ?

I'm a libertarian who doesn't think that government should get involved in private transactions between citizens. I'm not sure where you think that I would support forcing a white to do business with a black, but I don't.

Do you know what a libertarian is? I'm completely consistent.

And think about it. How can you call government pointing a gun at a business owner and forcing them to engage in a transaction with another citizen "liberty?" It makes no sense at all. How does money exchanging hands make you a slave to government?
Kaz, any business operating in America can't discriminate on the basis of a person's color. If they do then they get in trouble with the laws enacted in which stops that kind of action. Libertarian has nothing to do with it.

WTF? So your standard is that if something is the law then you can't disagree with it? That's insane. And I've read your posts. You clearly don't think that.

The PA laws are just another excuse for unfettered government control over our lives. Again, businesses WANT customers. We beg for them. We don't turn them down.

And again, how does it make sense that because money changes hands that our Constitutional rights are forfeit? How can government point a gun at us and force us to engage in a transactions with another citizen? Transactions between citizens should be VOLUNTARY. The money is the inducement to do the deal. Keep the guns out of it
Calm down.... You can disagree with any law, but just don't violate the laws that the people have to follow by decree or consequences will follow. The only point that I have made or that I am making is that no business can refuse services to anyone being based upon a person's skin color. Period. Now what the heck you keep reading into this or that you are attempting to put into this, uhh has me baffled and confused at this point.

Whoa, I hit a nerve on that one. Wasn't intending to. Now sit and breathe deeply. Breathe into a paper bag if you have to, I hear that helps. In, out, in, out, feeling better?

Beagle9: "You can disagree with any law, but just don't violate the laws that the people have to follow by decree or consequences will follow."

Right, that's what I did. Nowhere did I advocate not following the law or advocate not following it or say there would be no consequences. You completely made that up. I disagreed with the law

The GOVERNMENT here in KC is literally promoting apps that will direct you to ONLY black owned businesses. Now we have BOB, Black Owned Businesses.

Can you imagine an app exclusively for white people and promoted by your local government?

Maybe I can promote my remodeling business based on my SKIN COLOR??? Nothing says qualification and quality like SKIN COLOR right?

Stupid......

You're right it's not fair. But I prefer this over government handouts to blacks. They still have to compete for your business.

I do agree with you on the part that government should not be promoting discrimination like this though. And I think you should be perfectly free to start a similar app for white businesses. Though I wouldn't use it personally.

What's wrong with the concept though is that black businesses in white areas are not disadvantaged, black businesses in poor black neighborhoods are because their customer base is disadvantaged. When you go to a black owned business in a suburban strip mall, they are no different than white owned businesses in the same location
The thought of seeking to do business solely based on skin color is a slap in the face to race relations and all the progress we've made over the years. We are only further dividing our population with this kind of bullshit.
If you own a business you should not be forced to serve anybody you don't want to.
Uh can't agree brother... If I walk into a black owned business as an American with money in my pocket, and I am seeking to purchase a product from the business, and it attempts to not serve me because of my skin color, then they should be fined, and maybe even shut down depending on the situation. Of course my pants would be up in my hips where they are supposed to be, and I wouldn't be cursing and carrying on in a disrespectful way. Just saying.

If a person is bad, and the owner has an issue with a person's bad character that is coupled with bad actions taken, then yes that owner should be able to ask the person to leave. If doesn't, then the police should be called.

That's ridiculous. That money is involved doesn't mean our due process rights are waived.

Get off your lazy ass and go to their competitor across the street who wants your money.

And the odds of that happening are virtually zero. Even the Montgomery Bus Company in Alabama in the 50s ... OPPOSED ... Jim Crow laws that made their best customers move to the back or stand.

You waive people's rights, give government massive power in the ridiculous attempt to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Why aren't you a Democrat?

What you are arguing is that exchanging money means we are slave to government. At the point of a gun, they can force us into involuntary servitude. It's not your business, it's not the government's business, it's the owner's business.

You have no more legitimate right to force me to sell you a bag of chips as you do to borrow my car. My business, my car ...
Bullcrap I don't you crazy person... If I come into your black owned store, and I lay a bag of chips on your counter to purchase, and you refuse me based upon my skin color, then you should and would be fined in violation of the same civil rights laws that represent blacks in America. You can't be this stupid can you ?? I hope you just misunderstood my post maybe, because in the past you seemed smarter than this. Maybe it's not your topic/expertise or something ?

I'm a libertarian who doesn't think that government should get involved in private transactions between citizens. I'm not sure where you think that I would support forcing a white to do business with a black, but I don't.

Do you know what a libertarian is? I'm completely consistent.

And think about it. How can you call government pointing a gun at a business owner and forcing them to engage in a transaction with another citizen "liberty?" It makes no sense at all. How does money exchanging hands make you a slave to government?
Kaz, any business operating in America can't discriminate on the basis of a person's color. If they do then they get in trouble with the laws enacted in which stops that kind of action. Libertarian has nothing to do with it.

WTF? So your standard is that if something is the law then you can't disagree with it? That's insane. And I've read your posts. You clearly don't think that.

The PA laws are just another excuse for unfettered government control over our lives. Again, businesses WANT customers. We beg for them. We don't turn them down.

And again, how does it make sense that because money changes hands that our Constitutional rights are forfeit? How can government point a gun at us and force us to engage in a transactions with another citizen? Transactions between citizens should be VOLUNTARY. The money is the inducement to do the deal. Keep the guns out of it
Calm down.... You can disagree with any law, but just don't violate the laws that the people have to follow by decree or consequences will follow. The only point that I have made or that I am making is that no business can refuse services to anyone being based upon a person's skin color. Period. Now what the heck you keep reading into this or that you are attempting to put into this, uhh has me baffled and confused at this point.

Whoa, I hit a nerve on that one. Wasn't intending to. Now sit and breathe deeply. Breathe into a paper bag if you have to, I hear that helps. In, out, in, out, feeling better?

Beagle9: "You can disagree with any law, but just don't violate the laws that the people have to follow by decree or consequences will follow."

Right, that's what I did. Nowhere did I advocate not following the law or advocate not following it or say there would be no consequences. You completely made that up. I disagreed with the law
I don't know what you agree or disagree with. Moving on.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Stupid......

That doesn't happen. Rest assured that if you ever decided to shop in a black business nobody's going to not take your money.

Yep. Just like no one in a white business is going to not take the money of a black. The Montgomery Bus Company in the 1950s OPPOSED Jim Crow laws forcing their best customers to move to the back or stand.

Businesses do everything we possibly can to bring in business. That we're looking for reasons to not do business with someone is moronic and without merit or foundation. It is so rare. So maybe a redneck bar in the boonies doesn't want a black customer. But a black wants to go in that bar and drink? Seriously? And for that we get massive government oppression in the name of looking for discrimination that doesn't happen
Except it does happen. That's why black businesses only made 1/2 of one percent of all business sales according to the census.

Non-sequitur. That makes no sense. How does black ownership of businesses prove discrimination against customers. Total screwball argument.

And the census is a terrible way to demonstrate sales by black owned businesses. Most businesses are owned by every color shareholder, including black

Forum List

Back