Why has racism become politically and commercially acceptable?

The GOVERNMENT here in KC is literally promoting apps that will direct you to ONLY black owned businesses. Now we have BOB, Black Owned Businesses.

When did this shit become acceptable again?

Can you imagine an app exclusively for white people and promoted by your local government?

Maybe I can promote my remodeling business based on my SKIN COLOR??? Nothing says qualification and quality like SKIN COLOR right?

Stupid......

You're right it's not fair. But I prefer this over government handouts to blacks. They still have to compete for your business.

I do agree with you on the part that government should not be promoting discrimination like this though. And I think you should be perfectly free to start a similar app for white businesses. Though I wouldn't use it personally.

What's wrong with the concept though is that black businesses in white areas are not disadvantaged, black businesses in poor black neighborhoods are because their customer base is disadvantaged. When you go to a black owned business in a suburban strip mall, they are no different than white owned businesses in the same location
I have NEVER sought out the race of a business I was involved with.
The thought of seeking to do business solely based on skin color is a slap in the face to race relations and all the progress we've made over the years. We are only further dividing our population with this kind of bullshit.
You are exactly right.... Vengence and reverse racism is alive and well today, and this support by the feds based upon a skin color is the very same thing that is decried by liberals/leftist when the government attempts to cross the divide between church and state. Hypocrisy is off the chain.
There is no such thing as reverse racism.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
That you think whites were advantaged is a rational argument for you to personally give black businesses preference. Government, however, should never discriminate in any direction
Wrong. Again, government is not just obliged to just "think whites" this or that. It's obliged to monitor the situation with respect to minorities, then act to correct any systemic problems it identifies. Where it's become clear that qualified blacks are applying but not being hired as firefighters, for example, then government is morally and legally obliged to take corrective action. Discriminating against qualified white applicants as needed to balance the level of opportunity. Personal choice doesn't enter into it.
"Where it's become clear that qualified blacks are applying but not being hired"

And therein lies the problem.

So you agree then, that we shouldn't lower the bar to accommodate someone who isn't qualified?!?
Sure. Given a collectively agreed upon, lawyer approved test. Why not?

That's exactly what is being done, lowering the standards based on race.

There are many examples..... Here's just one.

Harvard’s gatekeeper reveals SAT cutoff scores based on race
...https://www.bing.com/search?q=colle...46&sk=&cvid=6DFACD10E52649F8AC063AEA085B41A9#

The Left is certainly contributing to our racial problems by being blatantly hypocritical. This is just one example.

The most glaring example, of course, is a Presidential candidate who chooses to restrict his veep choices to people without dicks and of the acceptable skin color.

As bad as the Right is on race, the Left has its own fucking issues. A little honest self-reflection from both whacked-out ends would be nice.
Mac you are contributing to the continuance of racism with this kind of ignorance of history is why you lose credibility. White male presidents have restricted choices only to white men during all of our history and never has anyone thought about that as a problem. Maybe you drop your wacked out notions of equivalence.
I'm not worried about credibility. I just belch out my observations without first running them through a filter.

Am I nuts? Sure, could be. But at least I'm honest.

Is there a way to discriminate without it being wrong as far as skin color goes ??
Good question for such a topic and, yes. Where historical patterns of institutional discrimination against minority classes become evident, the powerful majority is obliged to discriminate against itself until said evident patterns are eliminated. We'd obviously all prefer just being left TF alone. But as we've seen with COVID19, choosing not to carefully test, scientifically evaluate, and adjust isn't really an option.
This process allows for citizens to maintain individual rights while following the direction of the majority. It also allows for the citizens to make changes to the laws as society, the majorities, and the minorities change.
Change they will. Then comes payback time.. :whip:
Why do you take my post out of context ??
Why would the context make a difference?
Really ??? You didn't just ask that did you ?? Good grief. Context is everything, so to remove something from it's context is no good. It is a tactic used to often. Best to just quote the entire post if responding.

The Left is certainly contributing to our racial problems by being blatantly hypocritical. This is just one example.

The most glaring example, of course, is a Presidential candidate who chooses to restrict his veep choices to people without dicks and of the acceptable skin color.

As bad as the Right is on race, the Left has its own fucking issues. A little honest self-reflection from both whacked-out ends would be nice.
No, they are not being blatantly hypocritical, they are being blatantly RACIST in the actual meaning of the term. Period.

The time for us to pretend not to see such racism is over and I am, quite frankly, tired of the bullshit.

Now let me address the OP.

First off Kansas City has had a Black Chamber of Commerce for decades. Why? Because whites didn't let blacks into the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce. So this means the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce was the white chamber of commerce. Now as to the whining about doing business based on race, it's time just like in every matter of race in this country, for whites to stop the fucking lying about how you don't consider race.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 2.6 million Black-owned business in the United States, compared to 22.6 million white-owned businesses. Blacks/African Americans, who make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, only own about 7% of all the businesses in the country, and generate only about 0.5% of total receipts.

While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits of our own making. Why does this deficit exist? Partly due to the fact that whites do consider race when they do business.

Is there a way to discriminate without it being wrong as far as skin color goes ??
Good question for such a topic and, yes. Where historical patterns of institutional discrimination against minority classes become evident, the powerful majority is obliged to discriminate against itself until said evident patterns are eliminated. We'd obviously all prefer just being left TF alone. But as we've seen with COVID19, choosing not to carefully test, scientifically evaluate, and adjust isn't really an option.
This process allows for citizens to maintain individual rights while following the direction of the majority. It also allows for the citizens to make changes to the laws as society, the majorities, and the minorities change.
Change they will. Then comes payback time.. :whip:
Why do you take my post out of context ??
Why would the context make a difference?
Really ??? You didn't just ask that did you ?? Good grief. Context is everything, so to remove something from it's context is no good. It is a tactic used to often. Best to just quote the entire post if responding.
I respectfully disagree. It depends on the context.

I sure would love to see an example of government promoting this BOB stuff as alleged by the OP..

That you think whites were advantaged is a rational argument for you to personally give black businesses preference. Government, however, should never discriminate in any direction
Wrong. Again, government is not just obliged to just "think whites" this or that. It's obliged to monitor the situation with respect to minorities, then act to correct any systemic problems it identifies. Where it's become clear that qualified blacks are applying but not being hired as firefighters, for example, then government is morally and legally obliged to take corrective action. Discriminating against qualified white applicants as needed to balance the level of opportunity. Personal choice doesn't enter into it.
Yes, justify your racism.

Racists always think their brand of racism is 'just.'

"Where it's become clear that qualified blacks are applying but not being hired"

So you agree then, that we shouldn't lower the bar to accommodate someone who isn't qualified?!?

...college acceptance based on lower gpa per race - Bing
Yes, in an ideal world, just as unions would be a wasteful impediment rather than a necessary evil, same goes for affirmative action to some degree. However, private colleges are not government promotions nor public institutions, so not really applicable to this thread.

The GOVERNMENT here in KC is literally promoting apps that will direct you to ONLY black owned businesses. Now we have BOB, Black Owned Businesses.

Can you imagine an app exclusively for white people and promoted by your local government?

Maybe I can promote my remodeling business based on my SKIN COLOR??? Nothing says qualification and quality like SKIN COLOR right?

Stupid......
it's profitable

Yes, in an ideal world, just as unions would be a wasteful impediment rather than a necessary evil, same goes for affirmative action to some degree. However, private colleges are not government promotions nor public institutions, so not really applicable to this thread.

This does not only happen in private colleges, but you know that. However, it is incentivized by the government, so therefore promoted by....

This does not only happen in private colleges, but you know that. However, it is incentivized by the government, so therefore promoted by....

Speaking of private colleges, are you a Duke alum? My daughter and most of my money went there, LOL

Speaking of private colleges, are you a Duke alum? My daughter and most of my money went there, LOL
No. Just a fan of Bluedevil Basketball.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Now let me address the OP.

First off Kansas City has had a Black Chamber of Commerce for decades. Why? Because whites didn't let blacks into the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce. So this means the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce was the white chamber of commerce. Now as to the whining about doing business based on race, it's time just like in every matter of race in this country, for whites to stop the fucking lying about how you don't consider race.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 2.6 million Black-owned business in the United States, compared to 22.6 million white-owned businesses. Blacks/African Americans, who make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, only own about 7% of all the businesses in the country, and generate only about 0.5% of total receipts.

While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits of our own making. Why does this deficit exist? Partly due to the fact that whites do consider race when they do business.
All people consider race in all sorts of situations, doesn't make them a racist.

Stupid......
Because that's all dumbass Democrats know is the race card.
It should be law that you can sue someone for slander and libel if they accuse you of being a racist and can't prove it. That would shut the race baiting crybaby Democrats the fuck up.

Stupid......

You're right it's not fair. But I prefer this over government handouts to blacks. They still have to compete for your business.

I do agree with you on the part that government should not be promoting discrimination like this though. And I think you should be perfectly free to start a similar app for white businesses. Though I wouldn't use it personally.

What's wrong with the concept though is that black businesses in white areas are not disadvantaged, black businesses in poor black neighborhoods are because their customer base is disadvantaged. When you go to a black owned business in a suburban strip mall, they are no different than white owned businesses in the same location
I have NEVER sought out the race of a business I was involved with.
The thought of seeking to do business solely based on skin color is a slap in the face to race relations and all the progress we've made over the years. We are only further dividing our population with this kind of bullshit.
You are exactly right.... Vengence and reverse racism is alive and well today, and this support by the feds based upon a skin color is the very same thing that is decried by liberals/leftist when the government attempts to cross the divide between church and state. Hypocrisy is off the chain.
There is no such thing as reverse racism.
The rulers make the laws. And you are the ruler.

Forum List

Back