Why has American society devalued engineering?

The birth of the high tech world of personal electronics. From VCR's to personal computers, to cellphones.

The Space Race (at least people's interest in it) died very quickly early in 1970. It was a full decade before consumer electronics, particularly computers and games went from a niche hobbyist market to the general consumer, another decade again before cellphones gained mass market penetration, more than a decade again before social media and smartphones became ubiquitous.

The Space Race (at least people's interest in it) died very quickly early in 1970. It was a full decade before consumer electronics, particularly computers and games went from a niche hobbyist market to the general consumer, another decade again before cellphones gained mass market penetration, more than a decade again before social media and smartphones became ubiquitous.
The first 747 passenger flight was scheduled for Jan. 21, 1970, on Pan Am's New York to London route.

The first 747 passenger flight was scheduled for Jan. 21, 1970, on Pan Am's New York to London route.

Conceived in the '60s, as was The Concorde, the 747, still in service, represents the high-water mark in US aerospace design.

Engineering like all the other sciences became woke. Math is racist. Requiring correct answers is racist. Advancement and correct answers is white supremacy.

This country had become a country of the uneducated and uninformed. You can't discuss things based on math or science, because so few people understand math and science. With the US ranked 25th (last I checked) in math and science.

Well, (not to get political here) but we had a President who "looked into the soul" of the Russian adversary followed by another one who eschewed his own advisors and believed the same Russian President after he had people poisoned, killed, invaded other nations. That isn't really relying on science or engeneering; but it is a denial of facts that is unique to a certain brand of politican...1/2 of the nation believes fully. It speaks poorly of our belief in the fact based disciplines of math, science and the higher studies therein--engineering, physics, etc...

That's because Trump didn't know how to negotiate.

He claimed he could do the "art of the deal", but his success was based on knowing which deals to accept, and which one's to walk away from.

Trump was incapable of brokering a deal that the two sides weren't already in agreement over.
I like the part of his source that actually said passing the deal was predicated on the Dems stopping the impeachment. LOL.

Shit is falling apart because it is OLD. 27% of our bridges were built before 1971. Our interstate highway system is from the 1960's. Our electrical grid was established in the 1970's.

The Eiffel Tower was built in the 1800's and it is still standing because the French aren't too damn cheap to properly maintain it.

The Eiffel Tower was built in the 1800's and it is still standing because the French aren't too damn cheap to properly maintain it.

I guess. I have been to Paris twice, and both times at least one of the levels was 'out of service'. At least one elevator was broken as well.
European roads and bridges are MILES ahead of the USA. Except for Scotland...they seem to have shit roads in Glasgow. Maybe I caught them in an off year?

The roads and bridges are falling apart. The power grids are falling. No one dreams of becoming a scientist, engineer, or astronaut anymore.

We used to dream big!
Two-Trips.jpg

usborne-future-4.jpg

19hbkm8qaqzjsjpg.jpg

What happened to us? Why are we afraid of getting our hands dirty? Why have we lost our adventurous side?

Because math is racist.....don't you know that?

Meanwhile, the racist Chinese are putting out engineers in the millions.......

New Topics

Forum List

Back