Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself

I admit this could be lighting, but this is interesting. You'll want to expand the video size (use 2 fingers)

Atheists always demand proof of God's existence. But there can never be the kind of proof they demand.

The Computer Age has made our relationship with God a little more understandable and shows us why He is UNKNOWABLE unless He chooses to reveal Himself.

Within 100 years, computer game characters will be, for all practical purposes, sentient beings. But how would it be possible for them to understand a world outside of 5he one we created for them?

Their universe has a set of laws that govern their world and there is no way for them to violate the laws of their universe

And unless we (their creators) revealbour existence to them, how can they know about a world outside of their own?

Our existence is UNKNOWABLE without REVELATION.
Another religious nutcase trying to sell "the existence of god." These morons have no evidence whatsoever, know they have no evidence, but want you to believe their crap anyway. Their "belief" has no foundation in reality whatsoever; it's as though it was just conjured up as a pipe dream, because, to them, it sounds good. To churches it sounds good because it brings in money. No wonder Trump runs with those idiots; he tries to sell lies also, for the money it brings in.

Atheists always demand proof of God's existence. But there can never be the kind of proof they demand.

The Computer Age has made our relationship with God a little more understandable and shows us why He is UNKNOWABLE unless He chooses to reveal Himself.

Within 100 years, computer game characters will be, for all practical purposes, sentient beings. But how would it be possible for them to understand a world outside of 5he one we created for them?

Their universe has a set of laws that govern their world and there is no way for them to violate the laws of their universe

And unless we (their creators) revealbour existence to them, how can they know about a world outside of their own?

Another religious nutcase trying to sell "the existence of god." These morons have no evidence whatsoever, know they have no evidence, but want you to believe their crap anyway. Their "belief" has no foundation in reality whatsoever; it's as though it was just conjured up as a pipe dream, because, to them, it sounds good. To churches it sounds good because it brings in money. No wonder Trump runs with those idiots; he tries to sell lies also, for the money it brings in.
Relax. Nobody cares if you believe in God.

Did you forget this thread was posted in the RELIGION FORUM, where things like this are discussed?

If you dont believe in God, why are you trolling down here?

Who are you trying to convince, me or you?

So what I'm getting is that you're reacting to the fact that someone else can't prove (to your satisfaction) that God exists. Are u aware that you cannot logically prove that YOU exist to me? Like for all I know I'm just imagining that ur posting stuff there like everyone else in my imagination.

No. wait, y'all were created for my amusement last Thursday & all this will be gone next Thursday. Whoa, this logic stuff is FUN!!!!

At the most basic level religious faith is the method people use to live with the inevitability of their eventual death and the deaths of the people they love. Mock organized religion for the evil it is but leave faith alone.

At the most basic level religious faith is the method people use to live with the inevitability of their eventual death and the deaths of the people they love. Mock organized religion for the evil it is but leave faith alone.
please correct me if I err but I'm somehow getting a signal from you that you disapprove off other people's belief systems but you're not willing to describe your belief system. That by itself would make you a dickweed but my bet is that there may be more to your belief system then you're letting on.

Please help me out and tell me where you are on this, do you think that there's some kind of objective reality? How about an objective right and wrong and a shared truth and falsehood?

Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself​

Best way I've ever seen it put. God reveals himself to those who are ready to understand him: those who wish to satisfy their scientific curiosity wanting to objectively measure God with a yardstick like a zucchini and quantify him never will. We understand God on His terms and in his time. There is no place to go, God comes to those who are sincere and is the most elusive thing to find in the world to the skeptics looking, for God Understanding happens within the spiritual heart, not inside the organic brain.
The heart is nothing but a muscle and what you call spirit is nothing but a product of the mind.

YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW THAT. You manufactured that belief in YOUR mind! Vedic science confirmed by scholars down through the ages have operated on the belief of a spiritual body that goes along with the physical one and there has been some scientifically circumstantial evidence to support that. Please don't try to tell me you know better or can prove otherwise.

Religion is basically a faith system in a higher controlling force overseeing our destiny.

Atheism is just another faith system placing man in control of himself.
Vedic science is just mysticism.

And I'm not an atheist but I do not believe that any part of a person other than his constituent atoms remain after the body dies. The mind and spirit is a function of the brain the brain is of the body. If the brain sustains an injury our very sense of self can be altered substantially which has been proven scientifically. If there was a spirit that was not of the body then a simple injury could not change the very nature of a person.
What part of the brain makes one conscious? The doctors can't find it and still searching. The hypothalamus is their best guess.
It might not be a single part it might be many parts working in concert.

We have come to a consensus on what constitutes scientific proof. What's the problem with some people wanting that same proof for the existence of gods?
Scientific proof requires some type of physical measurement. It requires that these measurements be repeated (verification). The problem with some people wanting physical proof is the impossibility of measuring that which is not physical. Anything outside the physical world is outside the realm of science.

What kind of measurement would you like of God?
It can require nothing more than observation.

Personally I have always wondered why an all powerful all knowing god only made himself known to just a few people and not the entirety of all people all at once.

If you wanted all the people in the world to worship you would would you if you were all powerful just tell 5 or 6 people and them have them try to convince everyone else?

To an outsider. But then, to an outsider, all religion must seem like mysticism.

And I'm not an atheist but I do not believe that any part of a person other than his constituent atoms remain after the body dies. The mind and spirit is a function of the brain the brain is of the body. If the brain sustains an injury our very sense of self can be altered substantially which has been proven scientifically. If there was a spirit that was not of the body then a simple injury could not change the very nature of a person.

False assumptions. The spiritual body cannot be examined under a microscope so it cannot be scientifically measured nor judged to be there or not. People have universally reported seeing themselves floating over their body they left during brief periods of death where they later resuscitate the person. If the mind is purely part of the electrochemical brain and nothing more, then in what part of the brain is my ego? My fears? My loves? My ambitions?

The brain is the interface between the consciousness and the body. If enough of the brain is too severely injured, then of course it impacts the brain's ability to let the mind come to the fore operating intact with the outside world. Think what you want but there have been people born with or lost a large part of their brain through injury who made a full recovery and lead normal lives becoming medical miracles.

It is pure folly to rationalize that if there was a spiritual body then you should be able to take a bullet to the head with no harm or foul to the mind! In absolute terms as the vedics understand it, you have both a gross and subtle physical body, (the gross body is what we see and know) a spiritual body, and an astral body. Experiments using Kirlian photography seem to have confirmed some of this.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but it is interesting food for thought.
The fact that people experience similar hallucinations is just more proof that our brains are similar.

And the vedics were just mystics there is no science there as it's all dogma.

There simply is no proof that anything of a person exists apart from the body and continues to exist after the body dies.

Best way I've ever seen it put. God reveals himself to those who are ready to understand him: those who wish to satisfy their scientific curiosity wanting to objectively measure God with a yardstick like a zucchini and quantify him never will. We understand God on His terms and in his time. There is no place to go, God comes to those who are sincere and is the most elusive thing to find in the world to the skeptics looking, for God Understanding happens within the spiritual heart, not inside the organic brain.
The heart is nothing but a muscle and what you call spirit is nothing but a product of the mind.

YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW THAT. You manufactured that belief in YOUR mind! Vedic science confirmed by scholars down through the ages have operated on the belief of a spiritual body that goes along with the physical one and there has been some scientifically circumstantial evidence to support that. Please don't try to tell me you know better or can prove otherwise.

Religion is basically a faith system in a higher controlling force overseeing our destiny.

Atheism is just another faith system placing man in control of himself.

Explain this...

NDEs are nothing but a result of the brain dying. The fact that NDEs are so similar points to that. A cascade of neurotransmitters floods the brain as the tissue dies and results in what are basically hallucinations. These hallucinations only differ because people's memories are different which is why you see your dead grandmother and not someone else's.

When you close your eyes for the last time and slip into nothingness, you'll never know that you were right.

You'll never be able to gloat that the Christian was wrong. What a sad ending for you. You wont be able to prove anything even in death. Sucks to be you. :auiqs.jpg:
I don't have a need to be right. And I don't gloat about anything.

Why is it you can't accept the fact that not everyone believes what you do?

Why is what you believe in any more true than what others believe?

There really is no objective proof that gods exist. The only thing people have is the writings of a few people from thousands of years ago who say that a god actually talked to them. Why would an all powerful god who is able to talk to all people at the same time just tell a handful of people he exists and that those people are to convince the rest of the world of that?

When you close your eyes for the last time and slip into nothingness, you'll never know that you were right.

You'll never be able to gloat that the Christian was wrong. What a sad ending for you. You wont be able to prove anything even in death. Sucks to be you. :auiqs.jpg:
An old saying I live by...

"... I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life as though there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

But I honestly have no doubt there is a God. I've witnessed a miracle first hand.
Jorden Peterson, who seems to be an honest agnostic, said he strives to live a life as if God exists.
Pascals wager.

The thing is there are millions of people who don't believe in your god that live what can be described as a righteous life.

So what if they don't worship the god you do.

Is the person who lives a good life only to get a reward or to avoid punishment a better person than the one who lives a good life and believes that there is no afterlife, no punishment, no reward?

Like I said I'm not an atheist because I honestly don't know if gods exist or not but I do not worship any gods.

In fact I don't think it matters if gods exist or not. I live what is my idea of a good life and I honestly try not to harm others or cause any suffering. I would not change the way I live if a god actually revealed himself to me because any god that doesn't think I live a life of peaceful compassion simply because I don't worship is a petty god indeed.

We got here after the movie began and we will be gone before it ends so all that really matters is what we do while we are here.

Why would an all powerful god who is able to talk to all people at the same time just tell a handful of people he exists and that those people are to convince the rest of the world of that?
So that he can observe how you behave when you believe that nobody is watching you. It's sort of like how a parent might hide their presence and watch their young children in order to see what they do when they think their parent isn't there. I believe that God makes his existence unclear to us for this purpose.

Is the person who lives a good life only to get a reward or to avoid punishment a better person than the one who lives a good life and believes that there is no afterlife, no punishment, no reward?
God knows what is in our heart. Nevertheless, one who avoids sin only because he believes in God and God's punishment is better off than the atheist that doesn't believe in either and then goes out and commits terrible deeds.

Religion is just another control placed upon people by those who want to claim authority

New Topics

Forum List

Back