Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself

Atheists always demand proof of God's existence. But there can never be the kind of proof they demand.

The Computer Age has made our relationship with God a little more understandable and shows us why He is UNKNOWABLE unless He chooses to reveal Himself.

Within 100 years, computer game characters will be, for all practical purposes, sentient beings. But how would it be possible for them to understand a world outside of 5he one we created for them?

Their universe has a set of laws that govern their world and there is no way for them to violate the laws of their universe

And unless we (their creators) revealbour existence to them, how can they know about a world outside of their own?

Our existence is UNKNOWABLE without REVELATION.
Faith, believing in the unknown.
Not really. Any Christian will tell you God has revealed Himself to them. None of us have a perfect understanding of God, but He is no longer "unknown."

Last edited:

Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself​

Best way I've ever seen it put. God reveals himself to those who are ready to understand him: those who wish to satisfy their scientific curiosity wanting to objectively measure God with a yardstick like a zucchini and quantify him never will. We understand God on His terms and in his time. There is no place to go, God comes to those who are sincere and is the most elusive thing to find in the world to the skeptics looking, for God Understanding happens within the spiritual heart, not inside the organic brain.
The heart is nothing but a muscle and what you call spirit is nothing but a product of the mind.
When you close your eyes for the last time and slip into nothingness, you'll never know that you were right.

You'll never be able to gloat that the Christian was wrong. What a sad ending for you. You wont be able to prove anything even in death. Sucks to be you. :auiqs.jpg:
An old saying I live by...

"... I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life as though there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

But I honestly have no doubt there is a God. I've witnessed a miracle first hand.

We have come to a consensus on what constitutes scientific proof. What's the problem with some people wanting that same proof for the existence of gods?
You can demand proof, but other than our existence and the existence of the universe, there is no "proof" that you demand. God isnt confined to our world/universe.

What is outside our universe is UNKNOWABLE. Jesus said He is not of our world. By this He means far more than our "planet."

He also says the Father CALLS whom HE chooses.

Every Christian who knows God, only knows Him because He has REVEALD HIMSELF.

Computer generated beings, even when they become sentient, can never understand an existence OUTSIDE of their own universe.

Some things are simply UNKNOWABLE
Questions with unknowable answers are practically meaningless. They are certainly not worth fighting over.

Atheists always demand proof of God's existence. But there can never be the kind of proof they demand.
Why not? All God has to do is one of those miracles it is described to have done in the Bible.
The Computer Age has made our relationship with God a little more understandable and shows us why He is UNKNOWABLE unless He chooses to reveal Himself.

Within 100 years, computer game characters will be, for all practical purposes, sentient beings. But how would it be possible for them to understand a world outside of 5he one we created for them?
How does this relate to understanding the existence of God???
Their universe has a set of laws that govern their world and there is no way for them to violate the laws of their universe
The "laws" of a fictional setting are not laws, they are fictional and adjustable to the author's preferences for a storyline.
And unless we (their creators) revealbour existence to them, how can they know about a world outside of their own?
You adjusted this discussion by making a fictional law suggesting that computer-animated characters will be sentient - that has not been proven to be true.
And so, in order to reveal to the computer-animated sentient characters, the computer programmers would have to do what?

Are you under the influence of drugs or alcohol?

Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself​

Best way I've ever seen it put. God reveals himself to those who are ready to understand him: those who wish to satisfy their scientific curiosity wanting to objectively measure God with a yardstick like a zucchini and quantify him never will. We understand God on His terms and in his time. There is no place to go, God comes to those who are sincere and is the most elusive thing to find in the world to the skeptics looking, for God Understanding happens within the spiritual heart, not inside the organic brain.
The heart is nothing but a muscle and what you call spirit is nothing but a product of the mind.
When you close your eyes for the last time and slip into nothingness, you'll never know that you were right.

You'll never be able to gloat that the Christian was wrong. What a sad ending for you. You wont be able to prove anything even in death. Sucks to be you. :auiqs.jpg:
An old saying I live by...

"... I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life as though there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

But I honestly have no doubt there is a God. I've witnessed a miracle first hand.
Jorden Peterson, who seems to be an honest agnostic, said he strives to live a life as if God exists.

Read the Bible, ponder it, learn what it's saying... and you'll meet God.
It really is amazing, when you come to the point that you realize the Creator of all that exists left an "instruction manual" for His creation.
The Bible is a very poor instruction manual. It is composed of a lot of metaphors and similes. No modern sophisticated instruction manual is composed in such a manner. Modern instruction manuals deploy very precise directives - step by step.

It really is amazing, when you come to the point that you realize the Creator of all that exists left an "instruction manual" for His creation.
The Bible is a very poor instruction manual. It is composed of a lot of metaphors and similes.
It is crystal clear to the believer.

Some say the Bible is written in code. It is not meant to be understood by those not being called in this life.

God is only calling His church at this time. Not the entire world

Modern instruction manuals deploy very precise directives - step by step.
Before reading and writing, would this step-by-step method have been equally effective? Did our ancestors miss a bet by teaching via stories instead of a vocal step-by-step?

The "laws" of a fictional setting are not laws, they are fictional and adjustable to the author's preferences for a storyline
In the world of the computer game, the laws of that world are every bit as real as the laws that govern our world.

This explains why Christ was able to supersede our "laws" that govern our world, like walking on water.

Are you under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
Thank you!!!!

And I seriously appreciate this.

They said the same things about Jesus and the apostles. I am honored!

But no, I dont drink. I dont smoke (anything), and I dont take any drugs.

But I sincerely appreciate the company you unknowingly put me with

I don't know, maybe it is because of where I live, but I can't rise in the morning and look out the window and not know God. His existence is undeniable in the world around me. He has made himself known to anyone with open eyes.

I don't know, maybe it is because of where I live, but I can't rise in the morning and look out the window and not know God. His existence is undeniable in the world around me. He has made himself known to anyone with open eyes.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened

The Bible is a very poor instruction manual. It is composed of a lot of metaphors and similes. No modern sophisticated instruction manual is composed in such a manner. Modern instruction manuals deploy very precise directives - step by step.
The bible is more a historical reference than an instruction manual. I believe God created man to have an instinctive knowledge of right and wrong. As with anything that concerns free will, which God also endowed us with, it is your choice to choose the correct route. The bible or organized religion cannot do that for you. The instructions are in your heart--follow it.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened
Occasionally you end up standing by the deathbed of someone you love more than your own life and your faith dies with them. People choose not to believe for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it's a good reason. It's easier to believe God does not exist than to walk around hating him for the evil he allows to triumph despite our best efforts.

Occasionally you end up standing by the deathbed of someone you love more than your own life and your faith dies with them. People choose not to believe for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it's a good reason. It's easier to believe God does not exist than to walk around hating him for the evil he allows to triumph despite our best efforts.
God is present in bad times as well. I've always thought it a mistake to blame God, or for that matter to expect from Him what the world cannot give.

New Topics

Forum List

Back