Why don't we have a forum designated for Guns/2A Interests?

You still whining about that? Ok. For about the millionth time, I carry a pistol in my vehicle for self protection when I am traveling a long way, or when I have a reasonable suspicion that it might be needed, and I can't otherwise avoid being there. You'll note that a little girl's dance recital, shopping at a big box store, or stopping for a cup of coffee aren't included in the previous list.
I know don't know...that's like saying "I only wear my seatbelt on long trips and in locations where I expect a lot of bad drivers"...when statically most accidents happen within five miles of your home. You never know when or where...so you wear it all the time.

Just from a logical perspective...if you think you might need it anywhere...the most likely place you'll actually need it is the public locations you frequent the most.

Put another way...if you think you'll ever need a gun...but can know when you'll need a gun...then the logical conclussion is you always need a gun.

Is there a flaw in that logic?
Well, no. I can't think of a single incident where I, or any person I can think of has needed a gun in all the places I usually go. I suppose it is possible that need occurred in those places at some time, but certainly not often enough to be memorable to me. On the other hand, I had to monitor a set of gauges over night on the side of the road in the middle of Houston's gang territory. You bet I had a gun with me. If it ever gets to the point where being armed at a little girl's T-Ball practice is seen as reasonable, I doubt many parents will allow their kids to participate.

You still whining about that? Ok. For about the millionth time, I carry a pistol in my vehicle for self protection when I am traveling a long way, or when I have a reasonable suspicion that it might be needed, and I can't otherwise avoid being there. You'll note that a little girl's dance recital, shopping at a big box store, or stopping for a cup of coffee aren't included in the previous list.
I know don't know...that's like saying "I only wear my seatbelt on long trips and in locations where I expect a lot of bad drivers"...when statically most accidents happen within five miles of your home. You never know when or where...so you wear it all the time.

Just from a logical perspective...if you think you might need it anywhere...the most likely place you'll actually need it is the public locations you frequent the most.

Put another way...if you think you'll ever need a gun...but can know when you'll need a gun...then the logical conclussion is you always need a gun.

Well, no. I can't think of a single incident where I, or any person I can think of has needed a gun in all the places I usually go. I suppose it is possible that need occurred in those places at some time, but certainly not often enough to be memorable to me. On the other hand, I had to monitor a set of gauges over night on the side of the road in the middle of Houston's gang territory. You bet I had a gun with me. If it ever gets to the point where being armed at a little girl's T-Ball practice is seen as reasonable, I doubt many parents will allow their kids to participate.

Hmmmm....

Republican baseball practice....attacker killed by guns.

Churches....attackers killed with guns.

Nightclubs...attackers killed with guns.

Schools...attackers killed with guns....

Criminals have kids in little league.....like here..

Hmmmm....

Republican baseball practice....attacker killed by guns.

Churches....attackers killed with guns.

Nightclubs...attackers killed with guns.

Schools...attackers killed with guns....

Criminals have kids in little league.....like here..

You seem to have trouble staying on subject. I'll ignore you for now.

Forum List

Back