Why don't we have a badass space TV show?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014

The video game and movie mediums have their badass space operas! Why not television? I don't want to see men in brightly colored pajamas with puny laser pistols fighting generic tentacle monsters! I want something good!

The badass protagonists should wield big futuristic firearms!
mevxfoikfnbuwbgmlj9f.jpg

and go into battle in badass armor!
fdea5c72747f0424d4d1cc073dfe1935.jpg

If you watch the new Star Trek Discovery trailer, it looks like it has gone the way of the new movies, ie it is more action packed and 'cool' now. It may be waht you are looking for. It is out this year.

The video game and movie mediums have their badass space operas! Why not television? I don't want to see men in brightly colored pajamas with puny laser pistols fighting generic tentacle monsters! I want something good!

mevxfoikfnbuwbgmlj9f.jpg

Check out the expanse on amazon prime.

And there's always firefly reruns.

They all get canceled for lack of interest. It's a fickle market aimed at snotty easily bored 12 year year olds with short attention spans and require constant 'novelty' fads. Did the original Star Trek series even last two seasons? Maybe it did. The Star Wars franchise broke sci fi from any big success on TV, but nowadays with TV on demand everything is now a TV show, so you're complaining about nothing.

mevxfoikfnbuwbgmlj9f.jpg

In season 4 of The Expanse.
I think the show is well done.

Firefly was awesome but too short of a run

mevxfoikfnbuwbgmlj9f.jpg

In season 4 of The Expanse.
I think the show is well done.

Firefly was awesome but too short of a run

Season 5 is out as well, and six is in editing. Six will be the final.

Just finished Season 1 of Westworld. No flying ships, or space battles, but intriguing on the pitfalls of true AI and artificial sentience.

Forum List

Back