Why don’t republicans have real solutions to healthcare?

In case you didn’t know, the GOP does not all give a shit about making healthcare more affordable to the middle class and poor. Republican voters for some reason think they do? I’m not really sure. Mitch McConnel just got a 50k payout from Big Pharma for blocking a vote on a bill to lower drug prices.

McConnell gets $50,000 from pharma after blocking bill to lower drug prices

When you ask average Joe republican what solutions they have to skyrocketing healthcare costs, they say “get government out of the way!”

Are you kidding me?

The reason why prescription drug prices are so high is because of corporate greed. Republicans know that right? It’s not like these wealthy executives say to themselves “man if only we got rid of all the government red tape. Then we can make enough money to lower our drug prices! We are noble men like that after all!” These execs have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit and obviously one way to do that is to charge insane prices for their drugs.

Hey guess what? A single payer system would be hella expensive and hard to implement, but it would still save us 450 billion per year on healthcare. It would save 60k people per year. After all, we spend more per capita on healthcare than any country on Earth. This largely goes to fat administrative costs.

Medicare For All would save $450 billion annually while preventing 68,000 deaths, new study shows

Holy Shit!
Yet another...."here's how I justify begging for free shit" thread framed by BillyBeggar
Lol you just post the same shit over and over and expect no one to notice.

Since you didn't pick up on it the first time:
Each state has a set of laws regulating the insurance industry in that state.
Those laws.
Lol so you don’t actually have an example to give? Yeah I figured.
Your inability to understand the answer I -twice- gave does not in any way diminish the validity of my response.
Lol we both know you don’t have any examples in mind.
We both know I answered you question in full, and you don't have an intelligent response.
Here's an example: Ohio's laws regarding insurance.
Lawriter - OAC - 3901 Department of Insurance
And, specifically, health insurance.
Lawriter - OAC
This law.
Please - continue to demonstrate your inefficacy.
Lol you’re hysterical. You post a single link to any Ohio law regarding insurance and pretend that narrows down your point? Obviously it doesn’t.
:21:
Please -- continue self-sodomize your credibility as a sentient being.

Lol so you don’t actually have an example to give? Yeah I figured.
Your inability to understand the answer I -twice- gave does not in any way diminish the validity of my response.
Lol we both know you don’t have any examples in mind.
We both know I answered you question in full, and you don't have an intelligent response.
Here's an example: Ohio's laws regarding insurance.
Lawriter - OAC - 3901 Department of Insurance
And, specifically, health insurance.
Lawriter - OAC
This law.
Please - continue to demonstrate your inefficacy.
Lol you’re hysterical. You post a single link to any Ohio law regarding insurance and pretend that narrows down your point? Obviously it doesn’t.
:21:
Please -- continue self-sodomize your credibility as a sentient being.
Lol whatever dude

No way in FUCK single payer healthcare saves me one dime, I'd go upside down 6K annually. I'm middle class, my health premium is about $55 a month, and I've LITERALLY not spent one dime on medical expenses in probably a decade. I obviously don't see a doctor much. Matter of fact I saw one today. The visit is covered 100%, and even if it wasn't it wouldn't cost me a dime. If I have a heart attack tomorrow I don't spent one penny on the event.

Yeah, the current system is horrible.

I'd like to know what insurance you have that pays 100% of your costs with a mere $55 premium per month.

That is so stupid. This is a system that makes it impossible for people to get insulin because of the cost. Obviously that is a problem.

it’s only an issue if you need insulin. There’s always another option. I’ve had mine set aside for many years... 230 grains of .45ACP+P up under the chin fixes every problem; immediately and permanently.

No way in FUCK single payer healthcare saves me one dime, I'd go upside down 6K annually. I'm middle class, my health premium is about $55 a month, and I've LITERALLY not spent one dime on medical expenses in probably a decade. I obviously don't see a doctor much. Matter of fact I saw one today. The visit is covered 100%, and even if it wasn't it wouldn't cost me a dime. If I have a heart attack tomorrow I don't spent one penny on the event.

I'd like to know what insurance you have that pays 100% of your costs with a mere $55 premium per month.

It's my doing and some luck. I don't need to see doctors, so the cash the program sets aside for me would pay two years worth of my max out of pocket. Maybe three by now, I don't really care.

My health care is none of your business.. i doNt want to pay for you.. everyone has access.. work two jobs.. get government out and the prices will go down

Maybe you missed it but prior to Obamacare government WAS "out" and prices were going up exponentially
Lol it was going up because they knew a democrat control they could hack the prices up.. and why not free money
What an infantile response.

That is so stupid. This is a system that makes it impossible for people to get insulin because of the cost. Obviously that is a problem.

it’s only an issue if you need insulin. There’s always another option. I’ve had mine set aside for many years... 230 grains of .45ACP+P up under the chin fixes every problem; immediately and permanently.
Suicide as a healthcare option?

Ohhh...

Half a million of americans go bankrupt because of medical bills, thousands die because of not been to afford....millions are uninsured. But hey the system because you are selfish and is all about you. god forbid you get hit by a car and get disabled and can't earn money don't ask the rest of us to help you through the government that we made to work for us.

In case you didn’t know, the GOP does not all give a shit about making healthcare more affordable to the middle class and poor. Republican voters for some reason think they do? I’m not really sure. Mitch McConnel just got a 50k payout from Big Pharma for blocking a vote on a bill to lower drug prices.

When you ask average Joe republican what solutions they have to skyrocketing healthcare costs, they say “get government out of the way!”

Are you kidding me?

The reason why prescription drug prices are so high is because of corporate greed. Republicans know that right? It’s not like these wealthy executives say to themselves “man if only we got rid of all the government red tape. Then we can make enough money to lower our drug prices! We are noble men like that after all!” These execs have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit and obviously one way to do that is to charge insane prices for their drugs.

Hey guess what? A single payer system would be hella expensive and hard to implement, but it would still save us 450 billion per year on healthcare. It would save 60k people per year. After all, we spend more per capita on healthcare than any country on Earth. This largely goes to fat administrative costs.

Medicare For All would save $450 billion annually while preventing 68,000 deaths, new study shows

Why? Because REps (many of us) pay our own. This country is full of state supported mums, I know one family 1 mum 3 boys 18-22 We call them "the booboo family" They will go to the ER for a paper cut. Why? They can and doesn't cost them a cent, not even the meat wagon.

No I haven't used the VA in 12 years and little before that. I'm a disabled Nam era vet, tell me all about single payer systems and how well the "left thinks they will work". Do I wish they could? Yeah, seen any hint they could? No

Now I really do agree with much you said and we need something better,,, but got to be a better answer to the solution.

Half a million of americans go bankrupt because of medical bills, thousands die because of not been to afford....millions are uninsured. But hey the system because you are selfish and is all about you. god forbid you get hit by a car and get disabled and can't earn money don't ask the rest of us to help you through the government that we made to work for us.

REAL Americans have been suckered for decades...they have fucked themselves big time in the name TOLERANCE, INCLUSIVENESS AND DIVERSITY....too many wetbacks and ragheads working REAL american jobs.

Are you kidding me?

Some republicans including Trump WANTED that bill passed. It was a bipartisan bill. McConnell is a piece of shit.

First you're wrong.

Second I've offered a PROG-solution. Allow PROGS and anyone else who cares to join a national option. The system must operate in the black solely on the revenues of its members. Let PROGS put their money where their mouths are. After all, the wealthiest zip codes and mega-wealth is PROG.

Expect to be taxed 8-9K annually on a low medium class income, but at least you'll know it's so others don't have to pay for it. Meanwhile 50% plus won't pay a dime, and of those 90% are plain lazy & irresponsible.

Let conservatives continue to think responsibly in a free market place, the American way. Incidentally, conservatives give more to charity.

Last edited:

Are you kidding me?

My health care is none of your business.. i doNt want to pay for you.. everyone has access.. work two jobs.. get government out and the prices will go down

The USA did that for nearly two hundred years. It resulted in more than half the country not being able to afford to go to the doctor and the highest health care costs in the world, with the poorest outcome, and a declining life expectancy.

Under government funded health care, the government doesn't give a rat's ass about your healthcare, That's between you and your caregivers. All they do is pay for it. They don't approve, or even know about it. They just pay for it. My doctor tells them nothing, he just bills them for your care and they pay it.

I pick my doctor, where I go for treatment. Any doctor who is taking patients is available to me. No "out of network" exclusions. No co-pays, or extra billing. Three weeks ago when I got sick, I called the doctor and went to his office (in the local hospital) a couple of hours later, filled my prescription in the hospital pharmacy and went home to get better. The receptionist swiped my health card on the way in, and the pharmacy did the same on the way out. Paperwork done.

You're not paying for anyone but yourself through your taxes, and the amount of taxes I pay for my job are a whole lot less than the taxes you pay plus the cost of your employer's health insurance policy. Not to mention, you don't lose your health insurance when you change jobs, or lose it if you're laid off. You don't need to pay two jobs to have health insurance, you can just pocket the extra income. Some jobs have "Cadillac" coverage which covers every and has low copays, and other plans don't pay for birth control, or are more bare bones. Single payer means that every employer offers the same basic coverages. No bare bones policies.

Are you kidding me?

The USA did that for nearly two hundred years. It resulted in more than half the country not being able to afford to go to the doctor and the highest health care costs in the world, with the poorest outcome, and a declining life expectancy.

Under government funded health care, the government doesn't give a rat's ass about your healthcare, That's between you and your caregivers. All they do is pay for it. They don't approve, or even know about it. They just pay for it. My doctor tells them nothing, he just bills them for your care and they pay it.

I pick my doctor, where I go for treatment. Any doctor who is taking patients is available to me. No "out of network" exclusions. No co-pays, or extra billing. Three weeks ago when I got sick, I called the doctor and went to his office (in the local hospital) a couple of hours later, filled my prescription in the hospital pharmacy and went home to get better. The receptionist swiped my health card on the way in, and the pharmacy did the same on the way out. Paperwork done.

You're not paying for anyone but yourself through your taxes, and the amount of taxes I pay for my job are a whole lot less than the taxes you pay plus the cost of your employer's health insurance policy. Not to mention, you don't lose your health insurance when you change jobs, or lose it if you're laid off. You don't need to pay two jobs to have health insurance, you can just pocket the extra income. Some jobs have "Cadillac" coverage which covers every and has low copays, and other plans don't pay for birth control, or are more bare bones. Single payer means that every employer offers the same basic coverages. No bare bones policies.
Won’t happen here keep your pain scale in Canada .. And most of the population can come to America for healthcare like they normally do because you’re suck

Lol that’s a complete load of bullshit.

5870C41D-7670-4B58-9F0D-3418E4E96A26.jpeg

View attachment 307641
Oh really? You think Trump has improved healthcare? How adorable.

Forum List

Back