Why don’t republicans have real solutions to healthcare?

The government only owes you what it says it owes you, and can change it any time it wants.
I’m still not leaving.
Social Security won’t be my only income, just as my present job is not my only income.
Sorry to disappoint.
Nothing here changes the fact there's no reason the government cannot say you received all you are owed and shall receive no more.
Nothing but all the information the Department of Social Security sent me about my retirement benefits.
Why do you think Congress cannot tell you you've been paid all you're owed and reduce your future benefits to 0?
They can....
And thus, you agree: you are "owed" whatever the government says you are owed, which may be nothing.
Thanks.

Government has no responsibility, and no legitimate authority, to "solve" health care. The best they can do is to stop fucking with it.

In case you didn’t know, the GOP does not all give a shit about making healthcare more affordable to the middle class and poor. Republican voters for some reason think they do? I’m not really sure. Mitch McConnel just got a 50k payout from Big Pharma for blocking a vote on a bill to lower drug prices.

McConnell gets $50,000 from pharma after blocking bill to lower drug prices

When you ask average Joe republican what solutions they have to skyrocketing healthcare costs, they say “get government out of the way!”

Are you kidding me?

The reason why prescription drug prices are so high is because of corporate greed. Republicans know that right? It’s not like these wealthy executives say to themselves “man if only we got rid of all the government red tape. Then we can make enough money to lower our drug prices! We are noble men like that after all!” These execs have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit and obviously one way to do that is to charge insane prices for their drugs.

Hey guess what? A single payer system would be hella expensive and hard to implement, but it would still save us 450 billion per year on healthcare. It would save 60k people per year. After all, we spend more per capita on healthcare than any country on Earth. This largely goes to fat administrative costs.

Medicare For All would save $450 billion annually while preventing 68,000 deaths, new study shows

In answer to the title, could it be because the Democrats don't either.

In case you didn’t know, the GOP does not all give a shit about making healthcare more affordable to the middle class and poor. Republican voters for some reason think they do? I’m not really sure. Mitch McConnel just got a 50k payout from Big Pharma for blocking a vote on a bill to lower drug prices.

When you ask average Joe republican what solutions they have to skyrocketing healthcare costs, they say “get government out of the way!”

Are you kidding me?

The reason why prescription drug prices are so high is because of corporate greed. Republicans know that right? It’s not like these wealthy executives say to themselves “man if only we got rid of all the government red tape. Then we can make enough money to lower our drug prices! We are noble men like that after all!” These execs have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit and obviously one way to do that is to charge insane prices for their drugs.

Hey guess what? A single payer system would be hella expensive and hard to implement, but it would still save us 450 billion per year on healthcare. It would save 60k people per year. After all, we spend more per capita on healthcare than any country on Earth. This largely goes to fat administrative costs.

Medicare For All would save $450 billion annually while preventing 68,000 deaths, new study shows

Well you're right about one thing...……..it's all about money, profits, greed, etc.

The better questions with socialized medicine would be......

1.) What QUALITY of care would you get???

2.) Would the rich really receive the same care as an elderly or welfare recipient?????

Either way, it still comes down to $$$$ the almighty dollar

Then again, to get care you'd need to be a young productive member of society that is worthy of any care. And if you're not, well good luck and have a nice life

Are you kidding me?

My health care is none of your business.. i doNt want to pay for you.. everyone has access.. work two jobs.. get government out and the prices will go down
No, getting government out won’t do shit. That’s just something you believe because it sounds good and coddles your pre-conceived notions. It doesn’t have a basis in reality.

The government can't even deliver the fucking mail without pissing red ink all over the place. You're an idiot.

That would be the AMERICAN government. If Americans are the smartest and hardest working and just the best and most exceptional, why is it you cannot manage to deliver quality healthcare to ALL of your citizens without bankrupting your country. How come your government is slow, inefficient, and spends more money on fraud prevention and helping the people is was designed to help.

Republicans are so afraid of "fraud" they spend $1million in drug testing to save $100,000 on payouts. Talk about picking up of the peanuts while being trampled by the elephants.

"If Americans are the smartest and hardest working and just the best and most exceptional, why is it you cannot manage to deliver quality healthcare to ALL of your citizens without bankrupting your country. How come your government is slow, inefficient, and spends more money on fraud prevention and helping the people is was designed to help."

Because we have 50 million retards that vote for other retards like AOC.

Get a clue. AOC isn't the "retard" in office. Trump is.

Why do Canadiens come to the US for healthcare?

Not many do anymore.

I live in a state that borders Canada. I know many Canadians who live here but keep their citizenship there to be able to keep the health care. If they have kids here they get their kids duel citizenship for the only reason being access to the health care up there. I know many people who go to Canada for their health care.

I know many people who go to Canada for their health care who aren't Canadian. There's a whole system just across the border for Americans who don't have insurance thus no access to a doctor. It's cheaper, not as much red tape and very good health care. They also have a whole system for medications too. Costco up there mostly fills the prescriptions and at much cheaper price than here but are the exact same drugs made by the same manufacturer as sold here but at a fraction of the the price here. The same system is across the border in Mexico with dentistry. I know many people who go down there for dental work because they don't have coverage here. It's cheaper, very good dental care and they treat the patients very well.

The doctors in Canada are mostly Canadian. The dentists in Mexico are mostly Americans.

There might have been a time when Canadians came here for health care but that is long gone. All Canadians I know who live here, keep their citizenship just to have the health care coverage we don't have here.

Finally, the provinces of Canada took steps to limit people from electing to come here for health care. To keep their costs down. By law it's very restrictive to come here for health care. The patient usually has to pay the whole thing out of pocket themselves. Most who come here are wealthy looking for elective procedures like cosmetic surgery. Their national health care system will pay for emergency services but very few if any elective services here.

5 Myths About Canadian Health Care

Last edited:
I’m still not leaving.
Social Security won’t be my only income, just as my present job is not my only income.
Sorry to disappoint.
Nothing here changes the fact there's no reason the government cannot say you received all you are owed and shall receive no more.
Nothing but all the information the Department of Social Security sent me about my retirement benefits.
Why do you think Congress cannot tell you you've been paid all you're owed and reduce your future benefits to 0?
They can....
And thus, you agree: you are "owed" whatever the government says you are owed, which may be nothing.
Thanks.

Obviously.

Good talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My health care is none of your business.. i doNt want to pay for you.. everyone has access.. work two jobs.. get government out and the prices will go down
No, getting government out won’t do shit. That’s just something you believe because it sounds good and coddles your pre-conceived notions. It doesn’t have a basis in reality.

The government can't even deliver the fucking mail without pissing red ink all over the place. You're an idiot.

That would be the AMERICAN government. If Americans are the smartest and hardest working and just the best and most exceptional, why is it you cannot manage to deliver quality healthcare to ALL of your citizens without bankrupting your country. How come your government is slow, inefficient, and spends more money on fraud prevention and helping the people is was designed to help.

Republicans are so afraid of "fraud" they spend $1million in drug testing to save $100,000 on payouts. Talk about picking up of the peanuts while being trampled by the elephants.

"If Americans are the smartest and hardest working and just the best and most exceptional, why is it you cannot manage to deliver quality healthcare to ALL of your citizens without bankrupting your country. How come your government is slow, inefficient, and spends more money on fraud prevention and helping the people is was designed to help."

She kicked 30,000 jobs out of nyc lol high paying jobs lol she stupid

Are you kidding me?

It was cheap in 1776 .. no gov in loved let’s go back
It was also shitty like everything else in 1776.

But you fricken libs like shitty.

Everybody gets money from "big Pharma" including the Clintons. The President is trying to make drug prices more affordable and allowing persons who have been diagnosed terminal to have access to experimental drugs when they used to go to Mexico. The ironic thing is that hate filled lefties don't give a shit.

No way in FUCK single payer healthcare saves me one dime, I'd go upside down 6K annually. I'm middle class, my health premium is about $55 a month, and I've LITERALLY not spent one dime on medical expenses in probably a decade. I obviously don't see a doctor much. Matter of fact I saw one today. The visit is covered 100%, and even if it wasn't it wouldn't cost me a dime. If I have a heart attack tomorrow I don't spent one penny on the event.

Yeah, the current system is horrible.
Lol that’s a complete load of bullshit.

Oh sure right, my credibility is Billy level.

WTF would motivate me to lie?
There is no way in hell you don’t have a high deductible if you’re only paying $55 per month. That is all the more ludicrous if you are actually in the middle class.

Never said I didn't have a high deductible. What's more relevant to me is max out of pocket.

laughter.gif

No way in FUCK single payer healthcare saves me one dime, I'd go upside down 6K annually. I'm middle class, my health premium is about $55 a month, and I've LITERALLY not spent one dime on medical expenses in probably a decade. I obviously don't see a doctor much. Matter of fact I saw one today. The visit is covered 100%, and even if it wasn't it wouldn't cost me a dime. If I have a heart attack tomorrow I don't spent one penny on the event.

There is no way in hell you don’t have a high deductible if you’re only paying $55 per month. That is all the more ludicrous if you are actually in the middle class.

Never said I didn't have a high deductible. What's more relevant to me is max out of pocket.
Um that’s what a high deductible does. It’s an out of pocket expense for anything the deductible applies to. If all you are paying is $55 per month, there is no way in hell you don’t have out of pocket costs for basic services.

Um that’s what a high deductible does. It’s an out of pocket expense for anything the deductible applies to. If all you are paying is $55 per month, there is no way in hell you don’t have out of pocket costs for basic services.

Deductible and max out of pocket are two different things. If you had a job you'd know this.

Forum List

Back