Zone1 Why don't abortionists demand free and available emergency contraceptives?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Emergency contraceptives or "morning after pills" are extremely effective and more likely to be taken by women engaging in unprotected sex. That is especially true with teenage girls who will not usually be responsible enough to take daily birth control pills. Why is all the focus on a woman's right to terminate the life of their baby? Wouldn't it be better to expand the availability of pills that stop a pregnancy before a baby is formed? What am I missing here?

Emergency contraceptives or "morning after pills" are extremely effective and more likely to be taken by women engaging in unprotected sex. That is especially true with teenage girls who will not usually be responsible enough to take daily birth control pills. Why is all the focus on a woman's right to terminate the life of their baby? Wouldn't it be better to expand the availability of pills that stop a pregnancy before a baby is formed? What am I missing here?
Yes promoting birth control would be a healthy step away from the need for abortion, That is not part of the plan .

The fact that most do support that. You just made up a position and then argued against it generally known as a Strawman argument.

A "morning after pill" is just an early stage chemical abortion.
Once you realize a human being is formed at the very moment of conception, you should know taking that life in an stage of development is the murder of the innocent & vulnerable.
Once an egg & sperm combine by fertilization, that cell has it's own distinct & unique human DNS separate from the mothers & the sex has already been decided by the chromosome carried in the sperm.
This is a living human being no matter the size & will continue to divide, grow & develop unless killed first.

I'm fine with contraceptives because it prevents the creation of a life but abortion pills are just another form of baby murder that kills a living human

Yes promoting birth control would be a healthy step away from the need for abortion, That is not part of the plan .

It is not part of the plan by the folks in the right, there is even talk of lettings states outlaw it again

Once you realize a human being is formed at the very moment of conception, you should know taking that life in an stage of development is the murder of the innocent & vulnerable.
Once an egg & sperm combine by fertilization, that cell has it's own distinct & unique human DNS separate from the mothers & the sex has already been decided by the chromosome carried in the sperm.
This is a living human being no matter the size & will continue to divide, grow & develop unless killed first.

I'm fine with contraceptives because it prevents the creation of a life but abortion pills are just another form of baby murder that kills a living human

So, what is your view of IVF?

The fact that most do support that. You just made up a position and then argued against it generally known as a Strawman argument.
I didn't make up anything. Show me where emergency contraception availability is part of the discussion. All I see is raging abortionists demanding their rights to terminate a baby's life.

The bible-thumpers would still take issue with it.
So Let them, wide availability of emergency contraception seems to me to be the most logical solution to a terrible issue. Why would anyone who did not want their baby prefer to let it reach a viable stage and then kill it? That is a horrifying option.

So Let them, wide availability of emergency contraception seems to me to be the most logical solution to a terrible issue. Why would anyone who did not want their baby prefer to let it reach a viable stage and then kill it? That is a horrifying option.

Few if any abort after viability. Sending abortion back to the states may change that though.

Viable outside the womb.
The heartbeat and nervous system development happens much earlier than that. The Biden administration should be trying to calm the whackos down by insuring them birth control and emergency contraception will be available to all who want them. Instead they inflame the whackos which is going to result in riots, injury and possibly deaths.

The heartbeat and nervous system development happens much earlier than that. The Biden administration should be trying to calm the whackos down by insuring them birth control and emergency contraception will be available to all who want

You aren't describing viability. That out of the way, how do you propose Biden actually do that? You don't think there will be a big fight over that?

Forum List

Back