Why does "the ghetto" exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejays4360

Rookie
Aug 22, 2021
It seems as though people misinterpreted my question from the previous post, so I thought maybe I should elaborate a little further so people understand better what I'm trying to ask. My apologies for the latent clarity!

"
I posted this question awhile earlier, and perhaps I may have elaborated on it a little too much, and thus it got misinterpreted. The reason, however, that I wish to ask this question is because I'm a white Puerto Rican kid who grew up on 141st Street and St. Nicholas Ave in Harlem, NYC. I also grew up with a single mother who had dementia, which also wasn't easy. That entire time I wore pretty raggedy clothing since I didn't have much else, and most people scorned me for that. They thought I was trying to wear those clothes, as if I was some sort of wannabe. As I got older though, it only got worse. A kid wearing clothes like that could easily be passed off as a misguided try-hard, but the vast majority of white adults who wear those types of clothes are in fact undercover police.

Long story short, I went through some pretty tumultuous circumstances that I'd never wish on my own kids, and going through all that stuff I was always alone since nobody took my complaints seriously.

So, yeah, living in the ghetto sucks, especially when you're alone.

So my question is... why? I'm not asking why the ghetto technically exists per se, but why it is that white people (such as myself) who want absolutely nothing to do with gang violence, pimping, drug-trafficking etc. would ever have to live through it anyway, and before they even know how to WALK for crying out loud! For all I know the fact that I'm white may be irrelevant in this discussion, the I can't help but think that blacks in this country love spouting about freedom this and freedom that but have no clue what they plan to do with that freedom except bang on bongo drums and spite white people with the aid of rap music.

I work in the music industry as an artist manager with many Dominican artists, plenty of whom appear and also identify basically as black. Trust me, these people were the FIRST individuals that gave me their solidarity, which proves that even black people believe in slavery in the 21st century. So WTF

Everyone was explaining in the last post that the ghetto exists because it is "desirable" for some people. What about those for whom it is not? Do they have to be a part of that filth anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back