Why does the ghetto exist?

You wouldn't know the truth if it picked up your cowardly ass and drove your empty head through the wall, loser.
Lets conduct a quick exercise that you'll refuse to participate in out of FEAR of the truth....Ready, here goes.
Have illegals and their spawn destroyed public schooling in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn destroyed healthcare in Mexifornia?
Do real Americans have to wait behind illegals and their spawn for hours for emergency care?
Do real Americans have to wait for weeks behind illegals and their spawn for a doctors appointment in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn destroyed blue collar trade work in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn destroyed wages across the wage spectrum in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn taken opportunities that would have otherwise been available to real Americans?
Do illegals and their spawn take social services and resources from blacks in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn driven up rents and forced blacks from their neighborhoods?
Do illegals and their spawn create a larger carbon footprint in America?
Do illegals and their spawn turn every community they inhabit into a super shithole?

(Watch this folks, rather than entertain a debate that he knows he can't win he'll do what all LefTards do and scream racist at the sky.)

Last edited:
The origin of the word "ghetto" was the gated communities the Jewish government administrators lived in.
Commonly Jews were hired as Viziers, tax collectors, record keepers, etc., and they were kept safe in a semi aristocratic wall section of the city, near the government buildings they worked in.

Ghettos can be bad if they are because some people are not allowed to live anywhere else.
But ghettos can also be good because they allow for cheap living accommodations that would make people homeless if gentrified.

Not everyone has the motivation or ability to strive to be rich, what happened & why can we no longer enjoy a middle or working class life style ?
?
I enjoy a middle class lifestyle.
I spent my time (8 years) operating a successful large print facility with two satellite locations.
I made a good deal of money. Enough actually to set my retirement. (I am 56 now)
When the corporation decided to sell off all physical assets in favor of intellectual property... I had many-many opportunities.
Well known in the industry with a great reputation. I had a decision. Continue to devote pretty much all of my waking hours to operating a successful company somewhere else - or hang that up and make decent money doing something else.
I chose something else. My wages now are..oh... I guess middle upper wages? Between my wages and Bonzi we are absolutely fine.
Nice house, easily pay the mortgage. Both cars are paid for... no other debts but the mortgage.

Lets conduct a quick exercise that you'll refuse to participate in out of FEAR of the truth....Ready, here goes.
Do real Americans have to wait behind illegals and their spawn for hours for emergency care?
Do real Americans have to wait for weeks behind illegals and their spawn for a doctors appointment in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn destroyed wages across the wage spectrum in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn taken opportunities that would have otherwise been available to real Americans?
Do illegals and their spawn take social services and resources from blacks in Mexifornia?
Have illegals and their spawn driven up rents and forced blacks from their neighborhoods?
Do illegals and their spawn turn every community they inhabit into a super shithole?

(Watch this folks, rather than entertain a debate that he knows he can't win he'll do what all LefTards do and scream racist at the sky.)
Hmmm...how weird, when faced with a challenge and an opportunity to prove he's not afraid of truth Unkotare scrambles away like a cockroach at midnight when the kitchen light is flipped on.

I do not live in CA so am not sure, but here are my opinions.

I do not believe illegals have done any harm in CA, and are a net benefit, being industrious and underpaid.

The only impact on public schooling should be to need to hire more bilingual teachers, which is a good thing.
The only impact on healthcare is to make more public clinics necessary, which should always have been there and we used to have before the 1960s made health care into such a profit motivated business.
The impact on blue collar work is to make the US more competitive with China, and moves US workers up to supervisor levels.
If there were unions anymore, illegals could harm them, but I think they went decades ago.
In general, illegals used to live here and were illegally forced out over 100 years ago, with their land stolen.
There is really no legal basis to keep them out, as they actually are the natives, and we are the illegal immigrants from Europe.

I happen to like Hispanic ghettos, find better deals and restaurants, and hard working skilled workers.

I do not live in CA so am not sure, but here are my opinions.

I do not believe illegals have done any harm in CA, and are a net benefit, being industrious and underpaid.

The only impact on public schooling should be to need to hire more bilingual teachers, which is a good thing.
The only impact on healthcare is to make more public clinics necessary, which should always have been there and we used to have before the 1960s made health care into such a profit motivated business.
The impact on blue collar work is to make the US more competitive with China, and moves US workers up to supervisor levels.
If there were unions anymore, illegals could harm them, but I think they went decades ago.
In general, illegals used to live here and were illegally forced out over 100 years ago, with their land stolen.
There is really no legal basis to keep them out, as they actually are the natives, and we are the illegal immigrants from Europe.

I happen to like Hispanic ghettos, find better deals and restaurants, and hard working skilled workers.
Because it FEELZ so good to say so or do you have some data you'd like to share?
You might need to brush-up on your American history there Guadalupe.....you see, there was a little war fought in 1846 and a treaty was signed.
Land wasn't stolen, in those times ALL land was conquered by bigger stronger army's...that's the way shit was.

The Ghetto exists because a lot of people like living there. Its sort of a crappy area for kids, sure. But a lot of adults like the way people with loose ethics like pimps, hoes and drug dealers are welcome and the cost of living is less than in other areas. Ghettos often have easy parking (probably not in NYC, but absolutely in the urban prairie ghettos in the Midwest) And they are often convenient to inner cities and seedy joints that people like to frequent. Lastly , the cost of living can be bargain basement. A home in the Detroit or East St. Louis ghetto is a cheap way to live.
Well, so why can't people move there if they are actually interested in that kind of garbage? Why do people need to be born into that sort of place? I ask because I know I was. I was born into this cesspool of of gang activity without ever wanting it for myself. I always knew from the start joining a gang is not only a terrible idea, but also not all conducive to sustainable living. I have family members who joined gangs then tried to leave, and they got hunted down, God rest their souls. This is proof that becoming a part of any of this jungle should be purely voluntary, but it never was for me. Why do some people not get a choice? Why did I never get a choice? I'm not even black for Christsake!

There are many educated who still have an issue leaving until the right job comes along. Staying may be a mistake. Heartache is all over every class and group. Influence on children can be very bad by other children and adults. Which pisses off even more residents.
You think I want to stay? Are you kidding me?

Ghettos exist because they are less desirable places to live.
In cities, it may be “the other side of the tracks” or the outskirts of town.
In rural areas, it may be backwoods areas.
The poor can’t afford Park Avenue

It differs from slavery in that you are free to leave any time. Many do escape poverty. Many are stuck there for generations
Are you going to tell me that nobody ever escaped slavery, in fact with explicit government-issued permission? Emancipation of slaves was very common even in the antebellum south. People who are "free" in the ghetto aren't because they can't leave whenever they want (except maybe on a vacation that they couldn't afford anyway).

So what you're saying is incorrect and makes it seem like you're a belligerent northerner who knows nothing about the ghetto, which I'm not saying you are so I apologize if that sounds offensive. People in the ghetto can't "leave" when they choose because you need at least a couple dollars to transport yourself, which not even I had as a kid. Some people are willing to throw their lives away just so they can have street credit, but I was never one of those people, and I couldn't leave either. I wasn't working in the music industry when I was a kid, so I didn't have the salary I do now.

I'm surprised I was able to keep my cool in this comment I just wrote, and I hope that my patience counts for something. I know you were just trying to be informative, but you were doing so based a whole laundry-list of assumptions anyone can tell you made. Please try to keep the information concise, coordinated, and correct as to avoid a second flame war. LOL

A lot of people find the Ghetto to be a lot more desirable, RW.

Could Wesley Snipes have even thought about setting up his New Jack City enterprise in a non-ghetto area? Middle Class areas tend to have a lot of local busy bodies that will give ordinary Americans a hard time if they are looking to sling crack or engage in pimpery out of their residencies.
Well not everyone finds it more desirable, and what about those people? I was one of those people when I was a kid and yet I had no way to leave. My question really isn't why this place exists, but why some people who want nothing to do with it still have to be in it anyway.

Are you going to tell me that nobody ever escaped slavery, in fact with explicit government-issued permission? Emancipation of slaves was very common even in the antebellum south. People who are "free" in the ghetto aren't because they can't leave whenever they want (except maybe on a vacation that they couldn't afford anyway).

So what you're saying is incorrect and makes it seem like you're a belligerent northerner who knows nothing about the ghetto, which I'm not saying you are so I apologize if that sounds offensive. People in the ghetto can't "leave" when they choose because you need at least a couple dollars to transport yourself, which not even I had as a kid. Some people are willing to throw their lives away just so they can have street credit, but I was never one of those people, and I couldn't leave either. I wasn't working in the music industry when I was a kid, so I didn't have the salary I do now.

I'm surprised I was able to keep my cool in this comment I just wrote, and I hope that my patience counts for something. I know you were just trying to be informative, but you were doing so based a whole laundry-list of assumptions anyone can tell you made. Please try to keep the information concise, coordinated, and correct as to avoid a second flame war. LOL
Save me from your nonsense

Slaves escaped under threat of severe beatings or death
No, getting out of a ghetto only takes a bus token

Save me from your nonsense

Slaves escaped under threat of severe beatings or death
No, getting out of a ghetto only takes a bus token
I'm not spouting any nonsense...? I apologize if I offended you in anyway.

As far as I'm aware slaves escaped slavery itself by going to the north through the Underground Railroad, and the ones who never went north either stayed as complacent slaves or strived towards the skill to read and write which would eventually lead to emancipation. Of course, my facts may not be correct, so my apologies if they are. I don't wish to misinform anyone on historical data that I may not know 100%.

Also bus tokens cost anywhere from 3 to 5 dollars for a single trip. I did not have 3 to 5 dollars when I was 15 years old.

I'm very sorry if I offended you because I don't want to waste your time or provoke you in anyway. I'm just looking for some info that's all.

Last edited:
Because it FEELZ so good to say so or do you have some data you'd like to share?
You might need to brush-up on your American history there Guadalupe.....you see, there was a little war fought in 1846 and a treaty was signed.
Land wasn't stolen, in those times ALL land was conquered by bigger stronger army's...that's the way shit was.

Wrong.
The treaties where the US took over administration of land that used to be part of Mexico, specifically provided that Mexican owners were not to lose their property rights and did not have to choose to become US citizens.
But instead most of them were murdered and their individual properties stolen,

It was a joke on a 1970's TV show that Ghetto was a jewish word. LOL

It was a joke on a 1970's TV show that Ghetto was a jewish word. LOL

{...
The word ghetto comes from the Jewish area of Venice, the Venetian Ghetto in Cannaregio, traced to a special use of Venetian ghèto, meaning 'foundry', as there was one near the site of that city's ghetto in 1516.[5] By 1899, the term had been extended to crowded urban quarters of other minority groups.

The etymology of the word is uncertain, as there is no agreement among etymologists about the origins of the Venetian language term. According to various theories it comes from:[6]

• the above-mentioned Venetian ghèto ('foundry')
  • the Hebrew get (bill of divorce, deed of separation)
  • the Yiddish gehektes ('enclosed')
  • the Latin Giudaicetum (Jewish enclave)
  • the Italian borghetto ('little town, small section of a town'; diminutive of borgo, a word of Germanic origin; see borough)
  • the Old French guect ('guard')
Another possibility is from the Italian Egitto ('Egypt', from Latin: Aegyptus), possibly in memory of the exile of the Israelites in Egypt.[7]
...}

Jews were imported to Europe to administer government, read/write, make steel, etc.
They were kept safe by gated communities that became known as Ghettos.
But after the monarchies were defeated in Europe, the Ghettos ran down because they were a symbol of the hated monarchies of the past.

hahaha..so unemployed Gustavo who's smoking a sack of weed every other day and running his baby factory around the clock with Esmeralda is taking a risk when he's offered and accepts legitimate employment?
Not always. At all.
Many poor have come to know all of the widely available government gifts they can get for doing absolutely nothing.
Only requirement is to have kids. Several is needed for the "good stuff".
After that, they can get dramatically reduced rent subsidies, reduced/free utilities and SNAP vouchers for free.
All added together is like having a low wage full time job. Only you don't have to have one.
So your choice is to not work at all, which means a truly meager existence, so few choose that.
Or work part-time somewhere so you can afford cheap beer and cigarettes.

The opportunity is a full time job. It may require you to actually have to get up every morning and go to work. Ugh... the last thing they want.
So they stick with their string of low wage, part time jobs... smoke 20 cigarettes a day, drink cheap beer and bitch about life.

Spoken like the ignorant coward you are.

Forum List

Back