Why does it take Washington 2 years to rename a football team ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
So, up until 2020 they were the Redskins.
skins.jpg

To be politically correct they had to drop the name and logo...we get it . But they couldn't come up with a new name and logo until 2022 ??

View attachment 555652
To be politically correct they had to drop the name and logo...we get it . But they couldn't come up with a new name and logo until 2022 ??
PC nabs another casualty. I'll take a couple of guesses & say they should go with the "Washington Lefties" or the "Washington Cave Ins".

Probably giving it a year to cool down and let all the dust settle.

Calling it a new name right away would rile the dead-enders. Give it a year to get them used to not being the Redskins anymore, and there will be less resistance to the new name for no other reason everyone will get tired of calling them "the Washington Football Team".

Wow. I can see why they need another year... these names are all stupid.
The Redskin helmet is cool. The name around a long time and it is part of football lore. It is intertwined with D.C. politics. All of this woke stuff and we are supposed to be amore rich nation from all of the inclusion. We are not. We are falling behind others while we live off our past.

Yeah, I've been wondering about this too. Snyder is clearly in no hurry. Here's a pretty good overview of the situation:

I'm not so sure he's enjoying the relative uniqueness of the name. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw "FC Washington" as their new permanent name. There are worldwide brands that are known by such a moniker...FC Barcelona, AC Milan, etc...

Personally, I kinda like it.

I'm not so sure he's enjoying the relative uniqueness of the name. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw "FC Washington" as their new permanent name. There are worldwide brands that are known by such a moniker...FC Barcelona, AC Milan, etc...

Personally, I kinda like it.

Looks like democrats fixed all the countries problems . Now its on to destroying football.

Looks like democrats fixed all the countries problems . Now its on to destroying football.

you know that urge some have to smell rotten milk before throwing it out? Your post has that quality to it.

Please let us see your reasoning. This should be hilarious.

It is not the 1st time that DC has een woke about team names.
The pussies up there changed th name of the NBA basketball team the Washington Bullets, Now because of some phony woke push to change the name of the NFL Redskins and remove the logo designed by Walter "Blackie" Wetzel, a former leader of the Blackfeet Nation, Maybe their new name should be the "Spineless Quitters"

View attachment 555652
They changed the name to Washington Wetbacks with a picture of a little immigrant girl on their helmets.

That's just like woke folk having a female on their helmets.

Of course, naming a team after American Indians shows respect for their fighting ability and courage, not disrespect.

Note that no one ever named a team after slaves or blacks. Because no one respects those types.

Just call them The Swamp and get on with it.

PC nabs another casualty. I'll take a couple of guesses & say they should go with the "Washington Lefties" or the "Washington Cave Ins".
I prefer that they be called the Washington Crackers, since you white-rights see nothing wrong with using demeaning ethnic indicators.

We call delusional anti-govt Qtips like you "traitors".

Owwwww....that so did not hurt.

I don't give a flying fig what morons like you call me. I'm not a whinging mentally ill snowflake with a leaky diaper like you and your comrades.

Of course, naming a team after American Indians shows respect for their fighting ability and courage, not disrespect.

Note that no one ever named a team after slaves or blacks. Because no one respects those types.
"Redskins" does not show respect. It is a slur. How about we rename the team "The Pasty Asses", would that be ok?
Nobody names teams after white-rights either. How many would support a team named, "The Jan 6th Traitors" or "The Flaming RepubliQan Racists".

Owwwww....that so did not hurt.

I don't give a flying fig what morons like you call me. I'm not a whinging mentally ill snowflake with a leaky diaper like you and your comrades.
Lots of BS rhetoric there, and no substance, traitor.

"snowflake"... that is so tired. Y'all need to work up some new rhetoric. Something less stupid this time around, ok?

Forum List

Back