Why does it not violate the first ammendment for the White House and FBI tell social media platforms who to ban?

The problem is that the government is not FORCING anything
Maybe. But there's a lot of implied threat floating around. Pretty much every time Congress, or the President, start musing about the need for regulation, it's an implied threat: make us happy or face our "regulatory" wrath.

"That's a nice website you got there. It'd be a shame if it got regulated out of existence. Are you SURE you want to run that story on Hunter Biden? It's just hackers from Russia. Be a good American and bury it.".

Posting that Huner's lap-top from HELL isn't Russian propaganda, that the whole Russia Russia Russia witch hunt against Trump was all sourced from Hillary's bought and paid for dirty dossier will get you banned on those other "platforms".
Any accusations of "threats, racist white supremacy, scams or dangerous medical quackery" are just OPINIONS from the demented LEFT!
You people somehow deem yourselves the arbiters of "truth"; that's NOT how this Country was founded, hence the First Amendment.
These "platforms" are the new "Town Square", and all voices should be heard!
The town square argument means that you can go stand in public and attempt to influence those within the sound of your voice. Even then you are held responsible if your speech does some sort of malicious or negligent harm.

Trump’s lawsuit made the same claim you are and it failed miserably.

I thought a talented lawyer like yourself would have known this.
my claim is the law. Trumps lawsuit failed because it failed to prove it

if someone acts as a agent of the govt, they are the govt

what has happened since trump’s suit is we have seen more evidence to prove what trump claimed

y’all are fascist

Maybe you should. Any ruling that could force social media to reverse their moderation decisions would set a precedent that businesses do not have the right to refuse to do business with people that are hurting their business.
haha no

but the govt doesn’t have the ability to threaten businesses if they don’t censor what they want

haha no

but the govt doesn’t have the ability to threaten businesses if they don’t censor what they want
The government has expansive powers to protect public health and safety as well as free speech itself. They can absolutely bring pressure against any business that is hurting our citizens or posing some sort of threat against the public good.

my claim is the law. Trumps lawsuit failed because it failed to prove it

if someone acts as a agent of the govt, they are the govt

what has happened since trump’s suit is we have seen more evidence to prove what trump claimed

y’all are fascist
The conservative SCOTUS has been especial skeptical of state actor doctrine, so the uphill battle to prove social media got more uphill after the Halleck decision.

But I have no doubt the conservative judges will have no problem applying a double standard if it serves the conservative interest to do so, because they’ve decided to trash their legitimacy.

The government has expansive powers to protect public health and safety as well as free speech itself. They can absolutely bring pressure against any business that is hurting our citizens or posing some sort of threat against the public good.
ah you’re a fascist

The conservative SCOTUS has been especial skeptical of state actor doctrine, so the uphill battle to prove social media got more uphill after the Halleck decision.

But I have no doubt the conservative judges will have no problem applying a double standard if it serves the conservative interest to do so, because they’ve decided to trash their legitimacy.
can you show me where the current court has bee. “especial skeptical of the state actor doctrine” ?

ah you’re a fascist
Nope, I'm just not in denial over what the government can and cannot do. It's right to debate if the government should get involved with internet drama and such but there are no 1st amendment arguments that apply to social media.

Nope, I'm just not in denial over what the government can and cannot do. It's right to debate if the government should get involved with internet drama and such but there are no 1st amendment arguments that apply to social media.
the govt can’t violate the constitution…the constitution was literally set up to limit the govt

therefore the govt can’t use agents to violate it

The town square argument means that you can go stand in public and attempt to influence those within the sound of your voice. Even then you are held responsible if your speech does some sort of malicious or negligent harm.
The government can't participate in telling private companies who to let speak, NAZI.

No one is surprised that all you prog fascists would defend this.

Wrong. Public health is not a legitimate excuse for violating the Bill of Rights, you fucking NAZI.

What the hell is the "state actor doctrine?" True, conservatives judges probably will enforce the first Amendment.

This is a direct violation of the first ammendment.

It is Unconstitutional for the federal government to tell any private companies who to censor.
Why don't you list who the government has banned from social media?

Forum List

Back