Why does China get a free pass from some?

One of my enemies is the regime that will slice the nuts of the non-white man you describe because he is expendible and he is a threat to the regime. Not only that, his family is expendable as well.

My bigger enemy are the fucks among US that appease such regimes.

How is that regime bothering you, exactly? Look, I realize that now that Trump is fucking this up, you need to blame someone other than Trump, but it just won't fly, buddy. When this is over, we will go back to normal trade with China and we'll all be better off for it. If you are really lucky, you'll get a Democrat to fix what the Republicans fucked up, again.

You were the one bitching about jobs going to China. you probably clamor for a return to a more unbalanced trade with China. Not sure how you see jobs coming back to US and China paying more tariffs as a fuck-up by Republicans. You are just more comfortable with an appeasing Democrat who puts the World first. How goddamn submissive are you??

You were the one bitching about jobs going to China. you probably clamor for a return to a more unbalanced trade with China. Not sure how you see jobs coming back to US and China paying more tariffs as a fuck-up by Republicans. You are just more comfortable with an appeasing Democrat who puts the World first. How goddamn submissive are you??

First, those jobs won't come back to the US. In fact, those Chinese jobs are already moving to Vietnam because Vietnamese labor is even cheaper than Chinese labor.

Second, I see tariffs for what they are, a tax on AMERICAN consumers. Doesn't hurt the Chinese or Vietnamese or whatever worker. It hurts the consumer who has to pay more for products. IT also hurts American consumers when China imposes it's retalitory tariffs on our products.

Third- Um, yeah, I guess I do see myself as a citizen of the world. What hurts one of us hurts all of us. Because your hero Trump ended a lot of cooperation with China, we have this plague spreading through the country now. Good relationships, maybe we could have worked together to stop it in its tracks.

The problem with dumb racists like you is you DON'T think, you emote.

So, does anyone have an example of what "China NOT getting a free pass" would look like? The OP and LeftofLeft are too shy to answer.

First, those jobs won't come back to the US. In fact, those Chinese jobs are already moving to Vietnam because Vietnamese labor is even cheaper than Chinese labor.

Second, I see tariffs for what they are, a tax on AMERICAN consumers. Doesn't hurt the Chinese or Vietnamese or whatever worker. It hurts the consumer who has to pay more for products. IT also hurts American consumers when China imposes it's retalitory tariffs on our products.

Third- Um, yeah, I guess I do see myself as a citizen of the world. What hurts one of us hurts all of us. Because your hero Trump ended a lot of cooperation with China, we have this plague spreading through the country now. Good relationships, maybe we could have worked together to stop it in its tracks.

The problem with dumb racists like you is you DON'T think, you emote.

Nowhere in your three pronged rant did you ever give US America a nod. Says a lot.

Nowhere in your three pronged rant did you ever give US America a nod. Says a lot.

Did you not understand the concept?

There are things Americans can do to fix this problem. Invest in infrastructure and education, like the Chinese did.

This is the fundamental problem with the Trump Nazis like yourself. You don't see or understand problems, you just want your biases coddled and told you are the bestest ever.

We aren't. Not for a long time. We used to be, but we lost our way. I'd love to go back to the America I grew up in, but Republicans fucked it up.

Did you not understand the concept?

There are things Americans can do to fix this problem. Invest in infrastructure and education, like the Chinese did.

This is the fundamental problem with the Trump Nazis like yourself. You don't see or understand problems, you just want your biases coddled and told you are the bestest ever.

We aren't. Not for a long time. We used to be, but we lost our way. I'd love to go back to the America I grew up in, but Republicans fucked it up.

“... like the Chinese did?” I keep hearing about education and Infrastructure. Let’s dispense with the name calling and blame game and talk about moving forward

Education - I am all for investing in education but it must be done in alignment with skills sets requirements that are market-driven. I have no problem with tax dollars or even a tax hike - dare I say - provided it is done smartly. Handouts and free money for people to go across the country to four-year private colleges and major in bullshit concentrations of study on the taxpayer dime is not going to cut it. Structured grants to qualified recipients to go to state and local colleges to major in concentrations that will yield skills sets which can be applied has some appeal.

Infrastructure - If you are increasing costs to private enterprise in the form of taxes, liabilities, and regulation to a level that puts US at a global competitive disadvantage - with Nations like China, for example - what good is Infrastructure going to do? To emphasize, I am not opposed to taxes, regulations, etc. for Corporations but if we are not mindful of the negative impact they can have on the economy if left unchecked, then everything else falls apart.

Education - I am all for investing in education but it must be done in alignment with skills sets requirements that are market-driven. I have no problem with tax dollars or even a tax hike - dare I say - provided it is done smartly. Handouts and free money for people to go across the country to four-year private colleges and major in bullshit concentrations of study on the taxpayer dime is not going to cut it. Structured grants to qualified recipients to go to state and local colleges to major in concentrations that will yield skills sets which can be applied has some appeal.

Okay, see, the problem with these kinds of discussions is you start out with premises that are wrong. The right wing myth that these college kids are majoring in Art History or Ethic Cultural Studies, learning to Hate America by commie professors... Um. No. The kids are actually alright. They have their priorities right.

If you look at the top 10 majors, they are Business, Nursing, Psychology, Biology, Engineering, etc. Things that actually have practical use. #8 is Criminal Justice, something that most police departments demand that new police officer have a degree in before they get admitted to an academy.

Infrastructure - If you are increasing costs to private enterprise in the form of taxes, liabilities, and regulation to a level that puts US at a global competitive disadvantage - with Nations like China, for example - what good is Infrastructure going to do?

Really? Well, let's look at that. you have to get raw materials and components to market. You need reliable sources of energy and utilities. You can set up a factory in the middle of the desert, but then you need a community to work there... and an educated work force.

China is beating us now because, brutal as Mao was, he put an emphasis on this after the 1949 revolution while we decided to sit on our laurels.

Okay, see, the problem with these kinds of discussions is you start out with premises that are wrong. The right wing myth that these college kids are majoring in Art History or Ethic Cultural Studies, learning to Hate America by commie professors... Um. No. The kids are actually alright. They have their priorities right.

If you look at the top 10 majors, they are Business, Nursing, Psychology, Biology, Engineering, etc. Things that actually have practical use. #8 is Criminal Justice, something that most police departments demand that new police officer have a degree in before they get admitted to an academy.

Infrastructure - If you are increasing costs to private enterprise in the form of taxes, liabilities, and regulation to a level that puts US at a global competitive disadvantage - with Nations like China, for example - what good is Infrastructure going to do?

Really? Well, let's look at that. you have to get raw materials and components to market. You need reliable sources of energy and utilities. You can set up a factory in the middle of the desert, but then you need a community to work there... and an educated work force.

China is beating us now because, brutal as Mao was, he put an emphasis on this after the 1949 revolution while we decided to sit on our laurels.

On the college majors, you didn’t address cost containment. On infrastructure, your presumption is there is untapped demand and purchasing power to move those raw materials that need to be moved. Nice try on the Mao worship.... I wonder what he would say to unions and environmental regulations? Probably what China says now; “fuck off”.

On the college majors, you didn’t address cost containment.

You weren't discussing cost containment. you were discussing, "OH MY GOD, ALL THESE KIDS ARE GETTING USELESS MAJORS". I proved, no, they aren't. They are trying to get the skills to get in to the middle class.

On infrastructure, your presumption is there is untapped demand and purchasing power to move those raw materials that need to be moved.

Point is, while we were pissing away money on planes and bombs, Europe and Japan and China invested in infrastructure... and yeah, they are beating the pants off of us now. Hmmm... Connect the fucking dots, stupid.

Nice try on the Mao worship.... I wonder what he would say to unions and environmental regulations? Probably what China says now; “fuck off”.

Okay, here's the thing. China has raised the status of their working class over the last 50 years. Meanwhile, our working class has declined, where we are all working two jobs to keep a house. But of course, you need to hate on a person of color rather than hold rich white people like Trump accountable.

On the college majors, you didn’t address cost containment.

You weren't discussing cost containment. you were discussing, "OH MY GOD, ALL THESE KIDS ARE GETTING USELESS MAJORS". I proved, no, they aren't. They are trying to get the skills to get in to the middle class.

On infrastructure, your presumption is there is untapped demand and purchasing power to move those raw materials that need to be moved.

Point is, while we were pissing away money on planes and bombs, Europe and Japan and China invested in infrastructure... and yeah, they are beating the pants off of us now. Hmmm... Connect the fucking dots, stupid.

Nice try on the Mao worship.... I wonder what he would say to unions and environmental regulations? Probably what China says now; “fuck off”.

Okay, here's the thing. China has raised the status of their working class over the last 50 years. Meanwhile, our working class has declined, where we are all working two jobs to keep a house. But of course, you need to hate on a person of color rather than hold rich white people like Trump accountable.

You keep trying to paint me as a racist and it’s failing miserably. Holding another nation accountable or criticizing their policies is not racist no xenophobic. Based on your own logic, it is you who are racist against me based on your critique of my position.

Not sure where or how you see China “raising” their working class. Go tell Democrats that the US should have the same working class as China. Again, to get there, you will need to scrap Unions, regulations (including environmental), and liability. Oh yes, you will also need to scrap arbitrary minimum wage.

You keep trying to paint me as a racist and it’s failing miserably. Holding another nation accountable or criticizing their policies is not racist no xenophobic. Based on your own logic, it is you who are racist against me based on your critique of my position.

Um, yeah, it is racist and xenophobic. China didn't cause this virus, and they've done a better job of containing it with a lot less resources than we have.

Not sure where or how you see China “raising” their working class. Go tell Democrats that the US should have the same working class as China. Again, to get there, you will need to scrap Unions, regulations (including environmental), and liability. Oh yes, you will also need to scrap arbitrary minimum wage.

I can't be responsible for your ignorance... but maybe some charts will help.

Here's the growth of China's Middle Class.

1585396708603.png

And here's the decline of AMERICA'S Middle class.

1585396746777.png

Um, yeah, it is racist and xenophobic. China didn't cause this virus, and they've done a better job of containing it with a lot less resources than we have.

I can't be responsible for your ignorance... but maybe some charts will help.

Here's the growth of China's Middle Class.

View attachment 316265
And here's the decline of AMERICA'S Middle class.

View attachment 316267

You lost your argument on “China’s rising Middle Class”. Your bullshit graphs do not explain why more people would rather be part of America’s “declining Middle Class” vs. “China’s rising Middle Class”. Yet your biggest bullshit argument remains referring to myself as xenophobic and racist because I critique and hold a Nation accountable on how they handled the outbreak of the virus and validity of the data they disseminate. Hell, you people do that to the US on a daily basis.

You lost your argument on “China’s rising Middle Class”. Your bullshit graphs do not explain why more people would rather be part of America’s “declining Middle Class” vs. “China’s rising Middle Class”.

Point is, China is rising, we are declining. We probably need to do something about the declining part. We can start by stop electing republicans.

Yet your biggest bullshit argument remains referring to myself as xenophobic and racist because I critique and hold a Nation accountable on how they handled the outbreak of the virus and validity of the data they disseminate.

If we were counting on China to give us accurate information, then that's our own damned fault.

We had PLENTY of accurate information on how bad this was and how to mitigate it. Trump called it a hoax, disbanded the Pandemic Response Team, and ignored the intelligence agencies. He didn't even treat this problem seriously until March.

It’s their virus. It’s their fault. If they reported this three weeks earlier then none of this happens. Now global economies are ruined, 401Ks devastated, jobs lost, death, isolation, devastation and we have posters here blaming Trump, posting results of odd polls and stating it’s racist to call it a “Chinese Virus”?

This is China’s fault. 100%. Sanctions are a must once we recover.

Buy American!

It is not China's fault.

They could have informed us earlier and your fat assed piece of shit orange buddy would have still done nothing.

You lost your argument on “China’s rising Middle Class”. Your bullshit graphs do not explain why more people would rather be part of America’s “declining Middle Class” vs. “China’s rising Middle Class”.

Point is, China is rising, we are declining. We probably need to do something about the declining part. We can start by stop electing republicans.

Yet your biggest bullshit argument remains referring to myself as xenophobic and racist because I critique and hold a Nation accountable on how they handled the outbreak of the virus and validity of the data they disseminate.

If we were counting on China to give us accurate information, then that's our own damned fault.

We had PLENTY of accurate information on how bad this was and how to mitigate it. Trump called it a hoax, disbanded the Pandemic Response Team, and ignored the intelligence agencies. He didn't even treat this problem seriously until March.

China is rising based on what criteria? Btw, the fucking World was dependent on China to provide validated data. It’s still not accurate or trustworthy.

China is rising based on what criteria? Btw, the fucking World was dependent on China to provide validated data. It’s still not accurate or trustworthy.

We spend billions on intelligence gathering, there's no reason why we should have waited on China to come clean on this.

Instead, the Intel Agencies were warning Trump about this in December. He ignored the problem. He called it a Hoax. Then he panicked and ordered counter-productive measures like travel bans, that just made people rush back here without being screened or isolated.

It looks like the Oligarchy wants war with China. As always, they will easily dupe half the population into supporting it.

“The aim of this film is to break a silence: the United States and China may well be on the road to war, and nuclear war is no longer unthinkable,” Pilger says in his 2016 documentary The Coming War on China, which you can watch free on Youtube here

Thank you for this film. It was very moving and informative. I had heard of Pilger's films but never actually seen one before.

While a lot of it I already was aware of, the Bikini Island details were shocking. The broad deep thoughtfulness of the whole project impressed me. I don't agree with every detail in it, but I highly recommend this documentary to my fellow nearsighted, obsessed and brainwashed American citizens. Treat it as you would a long walk in a deep forest with a wise old man as a guide.

Last edited:

We spend billions on intelligence gathering, there's no reason why we should have waited on China to come clean on this.

Instead, the Intel Agencies were warning Trump about this in December. He ignored the problem. He called it a Hoax. Then he panicked and ordered counter-productive measures like travel bans, that just made people rush back here without being screened or isolated.

Without the travel bans, we’d be a lot worse. I get it that you need to criticize Trump at every turn but a travel ban during a global pandemic is just common sense. Only judgement clouded by anger and hate could state otherwise.

Without the travel bans, we’d be a lot worse. I get it that you need to criticize Trump at every turn but a travel ban during a global pandemic is just common sense. Only judgement clouded by anger and hate could state otherwise.

No, it was a stupid idea, because instead of having a regular flow of traffic over time, you had a bunch of people who all panicked and fled back here while they still could before the planes stopped flying.

Forum List

Back