Zone1 Why do you need gods?

Yep. It seems like you want to argue about something but can't quite find anything.
No it's the same topic. You just stated you you need to believe in gods.

I do not have to agree with you

But the point of religion, its primary function, is to provide a belief system that communities can subscribe to. It keeps them all on the same page and in (general) agreement. It establish base values.
All that can be done without religion.

Tyrants universally agree

the desert religions ...

1660754608177.png

have throughout history been oppressors of free will and spiritual freedom.

Why is the bible the sole source for this belief?

The bible was assembled by men with an interest in concentrating the power of the church.
The Bible is not the sole source for this belief. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I believe that the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price are also sources for this belief. Not to mention that God is capable of giving continuous revelation to his prophets and apostles.

if it was actually proven no one could deny the existence of gods.

I've seen plenty of examples of people refusing to believe, actively denying, things that are very solidly provable.

Look at two major hoaxes infesting our present culture—“transgenderism” and the #CoronaHoax2020. The proof against both of these are objectively obvious and undeniable; yet too many people refuse to see what is right in front of their eyes, and persist in believing obvious lies.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” ― George Orwell, 1984.​

I've seen plenty of examples of people refusing to believe, actively denying, things that are very solidly provable.

Look at two major hoaxes infesting our present culture—“transgenderism” and the #CoronaHoax2020. The proof against both of these are objectively obvious and undeniable; yet too many people refuse to see what is right in front of their eyes, and persist in believing obvious lies.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” ― George Orwell, 1984.​
What does any of that have to do with actual verifiable proof of the existence of gods?

What does any of that have to do with actual verifiable proof of the existence of gods?

You stated:
if it was actually proven no one could deny the existence of gods.

I cited two clear examples of blatant hoaxes that persist because too many people deny the obvious proof that they are hoaxes.

If so many people can continue to believe these hoaxes, in spite of the clear and undeniable proof that they are hoaxes, then there is no evidence that could exist to prove the reality of God, that many fools would not equally deny.

No, that would be Man's replacement for religion. You have more freedom under Christian nations than any other.

Stop comparing Christianity with Islam. They are worlds apart

they are all three based on the same deception, tablets etched in heaven w/ 10 commandments that never existed ...

as well, all three have -

1660766827086.png

identical histories ... of persecution and victimization of the innocent.

You stated:

I cited two clear examples of blatant hoaxes that persist because too many people deny the obvious proof that they are hoaxes.

If so many people can continue to believe these hoaxes, in spite of the clear and undeniable proof that they are hoaxes, then there is no evidence that could exist to prove the reality of God, that many fools would not equally deny.

But gods are supposed to be omniscient and all powerful so I think it should be an easy thing for a god to prove he exists.

People are just people but then again most people don't really think a person can change sexes with surgery and/or hormones and know that all that is really changed is the outward appearance.

No, that would be Man's replacement for religion. You have more freedom under Christian nations than any other.

Stop comparing Christianity with Islam. They are worlds apart
Funny I have been told by Christians that Muslims worship the same god they do

they are all three based on the same deception, tablets etched in heaven w/ 10 commandments that never existed ...

as well, all three have -

View attachment 683857

identical histories ... of persecution and victimization of the innocent.
And neither can hold a candle to the atheists who murdered 150 million in the last century.

And neither can hold a candle to the atheists who murdered 150 million in the last century.

- a lit candle burning throughout time imemorial ...

the time span is what is most damning for the desert religions - uninterrupted for centuries since their beginnings ...

what you refer to is fewer than a decade or 2 of actual events, primarily political w/ only religious overtones against those that perpetuated their crimes against those that rose up against them - otherwise not religious based whatsoever - economic tyranny.

It's the best explanation we can understand.. That in no way means it is the correct explanation.

There is no devil. That you have been duped into fearing the nonexistent is the greatest con religion has pulled on you.
It's you who is wrong. The Bible and I are right because it's the truth and science backs it up.

It's you who is wrong. The Bible and I are right because it's the truth and science backs it up.

just wondering about speaking the truth, bond - have you found yet the claimed tablets etched in heaven w/ 10 commandments ...

* that never existed.

If you didn't then why would you say we need to believe?
I was answering your question - offering a reason why people need gods. I guess you aren't interested in possible answers so much as proving that people don't need gods. Which I actually agree with.

New Topics

Forum List

Back