CDZ Why do you like/dislike Donald Trump

What do you think of Donald Trump as a Presidential Candidate?

• Total voters

phoenyx

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
Canada
A bit ago, I made a thread here that referenced an article on Donald Trump, but the parameters of the debate I envisioned weren't as clear as I think they should have been. So I decided to make this thread, which I think makes it a lot clearer. I encourage people to quote excerpts of articles, along with the links to actual articles, or video clips to support one's viewpoint on Trump as a Presidential candidate. Personally, I think he'd make a terrible President. Here's 2 articles that I think make a good case as to why I believe this to be the case:
Ten Reasons to Not Elect Donald Trump

Seven Reasons Why Donald Trump Would Make a Terrible President

Donald Trump represents all that is wrong with America since the 1980s. He is Gordon Gekko, a fictional character in the 1987 film Wall Street, come to life. Except he was always there. Trump is what was commonly referred to way back when as, a member of the 'Lucky Sperm Cub' This was a reference people of his type used amongst themselves as a badge of honor: Success through birthright. It is what many of the founding generation of the United States of America found abhorrent.

It is more about what Donald Trump represents than what he is in reality. He is such a shifting shadow of a persona, it would be difficult for even those closest to him to tell you what he truly is about, what he feels, or thinks, or believes.

I believe Donald Trump is a pure sociopath.

Donald Trump represents all that is wrong with America since the 1980s. He is Gordon Gekko, a fictional character in the 1987 film Wall Street, come to life. Except he was always there. Trump is what was commonly referred to way back when as, a member of the 'Lucky Sperm Cub' This was a reference people of his type used amongst themselves as a badge of honor: Success through birthright. It is what many of the founding generation of the United States of America found abhorrent.

It is more about what Donald Trump represents than what he is in reality. He is such a shifting shadow of a persona, it would be difficult for even those closest to him to tell you what he truly is about, what he feels, or thinks, or believes.

Agreed. A lot has been made of Hillary defending a child molester in a court case. Perhaps there's some merit to that, but I believe that Trump has actually -raped- a child, and I'm not alone in that belief...
Why The New Child Rape Case Filed Against Donald Trump Should Not Be Ignored | Huffington Post

Her video testimony:

The story behind how that video testimony came to be recorded:
I talked to the woman accusing Donald Trump of rape

Nor is she the only one who has accused Trump of sexual misconduct. His own wife did as well:

There was an allegation of sexual assault from a business associate:

If dude would just give us specifics on what the hell he plans to do instead of this "don't worry, I got this"mentality, he may be liked more. But you can't ration with a con artist.....especially this nut

If dude would just give us specifics on what the hell he plans to do instead of this "don't worry, I got this"mentality, he may be liked more. But you can't ration with a con artist.....especially this nut

I'm pretty sure he can't give specifics- he has none. From what I see, he's not interested in actually running the country, so much as pontificating. Before he finally settled on Mike Pence as VP, this story came out regarding Trump's offering Kasich the role of VP:
Report: Trump camp told Kasich he could run foreign and domestic policy as VP

Perhaps the best line in the article:
"Offering Kasich control of both foreign and domestic policy would leave Trump with little responsibility."

I like that the Donald Trump candidacy acted like a wrecking ball to the cult of political correctness that has enveloped the nation and provided a voice to the silent majority of Americans who want to save the country.

I do not believe that he can or will fulfill his promises if elected based on many factors, the most significant of which was his vacillation on his signature immigration position. I dislike the fact that so many view him as savior figure.

The founders of this country never intended for America to be a one man show. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the American people to save this country. How? By every American learning how to hold their public servants accountable to the oaths they took to uphold their respective State and Federal constitutions and do their duty to protect this nation from enemies, both foreign and domestic.

I voted other.

Ignoring policy differences.

If Donald could keep his foot out of his mouth I'd have him in my cabinet. If for no other reason than Donald is not a yes man. Maybe if he established himself over 4 years folks would trust him.

Also I LOVE turning the two party system on its ear. Donald hasn't quite done that but he came as close as anyone since George Wallace. I was hoping the Republicans would boot him just so he would run as an independent.

Instead he seems more inflammatory than I do. Also while Donald more likely is creating scapegoats and venting some phobia of certain minorities soo many of his supporters (and I'm in St Louis) seem soo out right racist, I worry. God, the George Wallace reference comes back again :(

I worry also about Donald's patience also. In most instances I lack it myself so I recognize the problem.

As strange as it may seem, and perhaps because I am quite newly an active political citizen, I have not received or perceived any direct speech from Donald Trump as offensive, abhorrent or even rudimentary.

My most sincere impression is that the greatest extent of the information I receive about him, but not directly from him (as in comments and discussions), is on multiple possible and trying thought-word-aggregations that do not represent any factual, established realities. That does not make me dislike him, but actually evokes my curiosity to his campaign that does come impressing me as quickly and even oddly shifting, but not really as unstable.

In consideration of the speeches I listened coming directly from him (through some technological equipment such as TV or computer), I found nothing for me to dislike, except perhaps for the sometimes exceedingly obstinate complexity along with an unceasing speed in his discourse delivery. I don't deny his capacity to convince and change by choice or impulsion, and that he perhaps have made many mistakes throughout his life, even through his campaign, just as any other citizen might have made themselves (myself included), but I also have to acknowledge his speaking impetus as a densely packed opportunity to exercise my analytical skills and become a more aware political participant integrating more of what already is in America and of what also could be in America from that which was.

Nothing really to dislike, only more to pay attention to and then assess the general assumptions conveyed with the prospect of looking for new improved assumptions both for young and old generations that intend to live in a more peaceful, comfortable and endeavoring America.

Everyone can contribute adequately, even those with overwhelming impact and those with strange manners, such as Donald Trump and his apparently incoherent characterizations at various times. That's what I think. It's on us, listeners and electors to complement what is conveyed if what is conveyed isn't providing sufficiently and also on us to assess what we are looking for in what isn't being provided and then verify in later attempts at provision that our complements are adequate to our pursuits and to the standards of political delivery that change in progression.

A bit ago, I made a thread here that referenced an article on Donald Trump, but the parameters of the debate I envisioned weren't as clear as I think they should have been. So I decided to make this thread, which I think makes it a lot clearer. I encourage people to quote excerpts of articles, along with the links to actual articles, or video clips to support one's viewpoint on Trump as a Presidential candidate. Personally, I think he'd make a terrible President. Here's 2 articles that I think make a good case as to why I believe this to be the case:

I have an innate distrust of con artists. Typically I dont like them. When a person says things like they are going to bring back jobs to the US but their actions show they outsource their jobs overseas its plain they are full of it.

Agreed. A lot has been made of Hillary defending a child molester in a court case. Perhaps there's some merit to that, but I believe that Trump has actually -raped- a child, and I'm not alone in that belief...
Why The New Child Rape Case Filed Against Donald Trump Should Not Be Ignored | Huffington Post

Her video testimony:

The story behind how that video testimony came to be recorded:
I talked to the woman accusing Donald Trump of rape

Nor is she the only one who has accused Trump of sexual misconduct. His own wife did as well:

There was an allegation of sexual assault from a business associate:

Amazing how the left investigates Trump on these allegations but ignores Bill Clinton's rape allegations and on top of that they attack the multiple women who have been proven telling the truth about Bill Clinton's advances.

I like that the Donald Trump candidacy acted like a wrecking ball

That I can agree to :p.

to the cult of political correctness that has enveloped the nation

Tell me, what do you mean by political correctness? I decided to google Trump and political correctness and came across an article from the New Yorker. This is what they had to say about the matter:
**Above all, Trump supporters are “not politically correct,” which, as far as I can tell, means that they have a particular aversion to that psychological moment when, having thought something, you decide that it is not a good thought, and might pointlessly hurt someone’s feelings, and therefore decline to say it.**

A found another article, this one from Time magazine, which had this to say:
**Political correctness has been a whipping boy of the right wing for decades, and lately Trump is cracking the whip with abandon. He recently told a group of evangelical leaders that they shouldn’t pray for President Obama because “We can’t be… politically correct and say we pray for all of our leaders, because all of your leaders are selling Christianity down the tubes.” (Never mind that Trump places prayer within the scope of self-interested transactions.) Remember his response to Fox host Megyn Kelly when she asked him about his temperament after calling some women “dogs” and “fat pigs”? It was: “I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct.” After being skewered by all sides for racist comments about a federal judge? “We have to stop being so politically correct in this country.”

If you’re like many Americans, you might have been persuaded political correctness is one of our country’s primary problems. Trump badly wants you to believe this, but you’d be wrong to do so. Trump is effectively positioning himself as the anti-PC candidate. Whereas Hillary Clinton thinks and speaks in the strategic—and sometimes subtle—language of diplomacy, Trump explicitly proposes himself as undiplomatic and politically incorrect. In doing so, he is cheapening and polarizing our political debates and, more important, he is making our country less safe.

You might think politicians speak in too much coded language, designed to cloak their true positions and to avoid offending everyone. But let’s be clear: The opposite of political correctness is not unvarnished truth-telling. It is political expression that is careless toward the beliefs and attitudes different than one’s own. In its more extreme fashion, it is incivility, indecency or vulgarity. These are the true alternatives to political correctness. These are the traits that Trump tacitly touts when he criticizes political correctness. And these are the essential attributes of Trump’s candidacy.

and provided a voice to the silent majority of Americans who want to save the country.

Trump has a lot of supporters, but where are you getting the idea that it's a majority of Americans? In a poll done on August 18th by Pew Research Center, Trump only had 37% support amoung voters, while Hillary had 41%. More telling, in my view, were other statistics. For instance, amoung -males-, Trump had 45% support, but only 30% of women support him. Conversely, Hillary only had 33% support from males, but 49% support from females. The most striking contrast, though, is the difference in support between Trump and Clinton with people who identify as black. 85% of voters who identify as black support Hillary. Trump? 2%. Trump can say trumpisms like "“And, you know, I have a great relationship with African Americans, as you possibly have heard. I just have great respect for them and you know they like me", but statistics can at times cut through the bs to reveal the truth.

I do not believe that he can or will fulfill his promises if elected based on many factors... I dislike the fact that so many view him as savior figure.

I'm glad we agree on those things, at least.

The founders of this country never intended for America to be a one man show. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the American people to save this country. How? By every American learning how to hold their public servants accountable to the oaths they took to uphold their respective State and Federal constitutions and do their duty to protect this nation from enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Who do you think are the primary enemies of the U.S. at present?

I voted other.

Ignoring policy differences.

If Donald could keep his foot out of his mouth I'd have him in my cabinet. If for no other reason than Donald is not a yes man. Maybe if he established himself over 4 years folks would trust him.

Also I LOVE turning the two party system on its ear. Donald hasn't quite done that but he came as close as anyone since George Wallace. I was hoping the Republicans would boot him just so he would run as an independent.

Instead he seems more inflammatory than I do. Also while Donald more likely is creating scapegoats and venting some phobia of certain minorities soo many of his supporters (and I'm in St Louis) seem soo out right racist, I worry. God, the George Wallace reference comes back again :(

Indeed. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's polling at 2% amoung blacks in a recent Pew Research poll. Might have something to do with his treatment of the Black Lives Matter movement, or the fact that well known racists support his campaign. I'm no fan of the establishment either, but Trump would create something far worse in my view. Remember that Hitler ran against the establishment too, and like Trump, he also had some pretty strong views regarding some minorities, such as blacks and jews.

I worry also about Donald's patience also. In most instances I lack it myself so I recognize the problem.

Could you give me a concrete example of his impatience? I decided to google it and came up with atleast one example:
**“One day in June, he had a visit from a delegation of prominent executives from the oil, steel, and retail industries, and one of the CEOs told Trump that the Chinese were taking advantage of the United States. ‘He said, “I’d like to send you a report,”’ Trump recalled [in a June interview with the authors]. … ‘I said, “Do me a favor, don’t send me a report. Send me, like, three pages.” … I’m a very efficient guy. I want it short.’” (p. 346-7)**

Source: Gimme the Skinny on Trump: New Book Emphasizes Trump’s Lack of Patience (and other important qualities for a president) - Left Justified

As strange as it may seem, and perhaps because I am quite newly an active political citizen, I have not received or perceived any direct speech from Donald Trump as offensive, abhorrent or even rudimentary.

I'd like to know your view of the following speech from Mr. Trump:
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Source: Donald Trump’s false comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime

I don't like trump

but

he never left anyone for dead
never donated money to himself for tax write offs
isn't owned by big biz
isn't owned by foreign biz
is a liar but not pathological
is a leader not a cog

anyone that vote 'for' clinton is a complete fool w/o any understanding of just how evil she is

I don't like trump

but

isn't owned by big biz
is a leader not a cog

anyone that vote 'for' clinton is a complete fool w/o any understanding of just how evil she is

Trump's first priority is Trump. I think a former campaign strategist of his put it best:
**No matter how many times he repeats it, Trump would not be the "best" at being a president, being in shape, fighting terrorism, selling steaks, and whatever other "best" claim he has made in the last 15 minutes.

He would be the best at something, though. He is the best at looking out for Donald Trump — at all costs.

Don’t let our country pay that price.

Source: http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephanie-cegielski-donald-trump-campaign-defector

I don't like trump

but

isn't owned by big biz
is a leader not a cog

Trump's first priority is Trump. I think a former campaign strategist of his put it best:
**No matter how many times he repeats it, Trump would not be the "best" at being a president, being in shape, fighting terrorism, selling steaks, and whatever other "best" claim he has made in the last 15 minutes.

He would be the best at something, though. He is the best at looking out for Donald Trump — at all costs.

Don’t let our country pay that price.

Source: http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephanie-cegielski-donald-trump-campaign-defector
what makes you think hillary cares?

keeping in mind she's a serial liar.

Trump is the best thing thats happened to American politics in 35 years.

Progressives have been allowed 100 years of nonstop transformation so we are already half a Socialist/Fascist hellhole of a country.

Trump is the first President since Reagan who promises to rollback the Progressive Jihad on America; Reagan took a bullet for it.

I hope Trump stuck to it and is able to being the process of undoing the mess and chaos wrought by the Progs in both Parties

Forum List

Back