Why do you lean politically the way you do?

Ummm.....they didnā€™t.

More alternate reality crap to explain why you lost

Not very Rational, more like a sore loser

You are actually claiming all those states DIDN'T shut down their vote counting?

Now, I knew you were a true believer, but that is downright laughable.

Each state followed its own regulations on voter count. Your spontaneous shutdown rant was presented in court and quickly dismissed as nonsense
Perception is reality

Trump maintains his own reality
As do you and I. You believe trans girls are the same as biological girls.
Nope

But I donā€™t think anyone chooses to be trans just to win at sports
It has nothing to do with choice.

It has to do with the natural advantage men have over women in terms of musculature and any of a number of other factors.

Whats next - allowing 30 year old men to play Pop Warner as long as they feel they are a child?

Ummm.....they didnā€™t.

More alternate reality crap to explain why you lost

Not very Rational, more like a sore loser

You are actually claiming all those states DIDN'T shut down their vote counting?

Now, I knew you were a true believer, but that is downright laughable.

Each state followed its own regulations on voter count. Your spontaneous shutdown rant was presented in court and quickly dismissed as nonsense
Perception is reality

Trump maintains his own reality
As do you and I. You believe trans girls are the same as biological girls.
Nope

But I donā€™t think anyone chooses to be trans just to win at sports
Thatā€™s fine but why should I accept your reality if I do not agree with it and it isnā€™t based on science? If you tell me youā€™re an alien should I just accept your weird reality?

I have been on this board for a while now and I am just curious why people lean a certain way?

For me: I live in Brookline (essentially Boston) MA, a large Jewish community, pretty close to Fenway and the easily accessible to downtown Boston. I am a father of two kids (11 and 13) both girls. I run a decent sized financial advisory services business. Born in Oct. 1980, I am old, tired and live for my wife and kids. I have always been an independent but a young college kid in NC, I leaned very left and in my fist eligible election, I voted for the inventor of the Internet, Al Gore. He lost. I then voted for John Kerry, he lost. I then voted for John McCAin, not because I didn't like BHO but because I will always vote for a veteran over a non-vet, McCain lost. See the pattern...in the 2012 election I was on the fence but by then I was a father a didn't like BHO's spending so I voted for Romney (he lost). I never got involved in local politics but I did vote against Liz Warren. My parents, Jewish immigrants from the old Soviet Union, who came here in the mid 70s were always staunch Democrats. Ted Kennedy made it possible for them to come here an voted strictly Democrat until 2016 when they completely switched to the GOP and voted for Trump citing the Left's overt anti Israel views.

I voted for Trump in 2016 as I just needed something other than HRC's nagging voice and lies. You don't accidentally bleach a server and smash blackberries and ipads. Story is true:

Also, I had and still have a client who does bleach servers and such for companies and I knew how intricate the process was. Now my kids are growing up and being told they have white privilege. Told they have racial bias. Told they need to use gender neutral pronouns. Told that trans girls may compete in sports against them. Of course that made me lose my mind a bit (as you can gather from my many posts on USMB). That being said I remain an Independent. I am not overly religious, although I will defend the Jewish faith, culture and support of Israel very strongly. Why? I owe it to my ancestors who died in the Holocaust and fighting the Nazis. My dad lost his entire family sans one sister and my mom was a bit luckier but still lost about 90%. I now see how much impact we can have in Town Elections if we band together, hence I appreciate small Gov't over large Gov't. I do like and appreciate programs that help the unfortunate and I believe our healthcare program is super inefficient and costly. The Democrats at least try to attack it. That being said, more and more I find myself on the same page as the GOP sans the need for endless wars. I like small gov't fiscal policies, strong military, strong border security, America first rhetoric, pro more vs. less policing (reform is necessary), pro Israel and pro freedom of speech. But I remain an Independent and not at service to any party.

My perfect 2024 ticket would be Dan Crenshaw/Tulsi Gabbard. Both served in the military, very bright, fairly young, energetic, and not divisive in my view.

Which way do you lean and why? What is your story?

Please share only if you're comfortable.

Thank you,

Your friend the Pale Orc

View attachment 480564

I mean left because I've been places that are run by right wing authoritarians with a religious bent. They are all shithole.

I have been on this board for a while now and I am just curious why people lean a certain way?

For me: I live in Brookline (essentially Boston) MA, a large Jewish community, pretty close to Fenway and the easily accessible to downtown Boston. I am a father of two kids (11 and 13) both girls. I run a decent sized financial advisory services business. Born in Oct. 1980, I am old, tired and live for my wife and kids. I have always been an independent but a young college kid in NC, I leaned very left and in my fist eligible election, I voted for the inventor of the Internet, Al Gore. He lost. I then voted for John Kerry, he lost. I then voted for John McCAin, not because I didn't like BHO but because I will always vote for a veteran over a non-vet, McCain lost. See the pattern...in the 2012 election I was on the fence but by then I was a father a didn't like BHO's spending so I voted for Romney (he lost). I never got involved in local politics but I did vote against Liz Warren. My parents, Jewish immigrants from the old Soviet Union, who came here in the mid 70s were always staunch Democrats. Ted Kennedy made it possible for them to come here an voted strictly Democrat until 2016 when they completely switched to the GOP and voted for Trump citing the Left's overt anti Israel views.

I voted for Trump in 2016 as I just needed something other than HRC's nagging voice and lies. You don't accidentally bleach a server and smash blackberries and ipads. Story is true:

Also, I had and still have a client who does bleach servers and such for companies and I knew how intricate the process was. Now my kids are growing up and being told they have white privilege. Told they have racial bias. Told they need to use gender neutral pronouns. Told that trans girls may compete in sports against them. Of course that made me lose my mind a bit (as you can gather from my many posts on USMB). That being said I remain an Independent. I am not overly religious, although I will defend the Jewish faith, culture and support of Israel very strongly. Why? I owe it to my ancestors who died in the Holocaust and fighting the Nazis. My dad lost his entire family sans one sister and my mom was a bit luckier but still lost about 90%. I now see how much impact we can have in Town Elections if we band together, hence I appreciate small Gov't over large Gov't. I do like and appreciate programs that help the unfortunate and I believe our healthcare program is super inefficient and costly. The Democrats at least try to attack it. That being said, more and more I find myself on the same page as the GOP sans the need for endless wars. I like small gov't fiscal policies, strong military, strong border security, America first rhetoric, pro more vs. less policing (reform is necessary), pro Israel and pro freedom of speech. But I remain an Independent and not at service to any party.

My perfect 2024 ticket would be Dan Crenshaw/Tulsi Gabbard. Both served in the military, very bright, fairly young, energetic, and not divisive in my view.

Thank you,

Your friend the Pale Orc

View attachment 480564

I mean left because I've been places that are run by right wing authoritarians with a religious bent. They are all shithole.

Please post again when you sober up. Thank you.

Thank you,

Your friend the Pale Orc

View attachment 480564

What's wrong, can't figure out one little typo?

Thank you,

Your friend the Pale Orc

View attachment 480564

What's wrong, can't figure out one little typo?

OK...get help soon

I haven't noticed any left stains answering the op.

I haven't noticed any left stains answering the op.
Did I speak for the centrist independents to say neither of the two main parties are worth a sh#t?

I was "born a Democrat".
My father worked for GM, a union employee and like a lot of union employees he was a Democrat. Even though he was as conservative as hell, just didn't know it.
I And like my father, I was conservative. But didn't yet know enough to understand that the Democratic Party, in policy, was pretty much the opposite of everything I believed in.
Clinton was the last Democrat President I voted for. I voted in every Presidential election except the Hillary/Trump election.
There is no world that exists where I would vote for Hillary Clinton. Nor could I bring myself to vote for Trump. But he surprised me. He was probably the worst communicator in Presidential history, and had no control of his ego or mouth. But his policies were actually pretty solid.

Did I speak for the centrist independents to say neither of the two main parties are worth a sh#t?
That's not allowed. You have to pick one of two-party-death-spiral teams, regardless of how fucked they are. Them's the rules.

That's not allowed. You have to pick one of two-party-death-spiral teams, regardless of how fucked they are. Them's the rules.
Thanks, dblack. Always good to hear from another Independent.

Forum List

Back