Why do White people in America only identify with the term American but nothing else?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

It would be rather lengthy to state that I am a Scottish/Irish/German/Black Dutch/Cherokee American..

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?
Because that's what the fuck we are. That's also what black people SHOULD BE. As should Asians, Mexicans and Indians. Which they actually claim to be. Only NEGROES qualify their citizenship with that unnecessary African shit in front of their race.

You didnt do your research before you posted this did you?

The National Italian American Foundation - Works to promote the rich culture and heritage of Italy

Mission Statement

Is to serve as a resource for the Italian American Community; to preserve the Italian American heritage and culture; to promote and inspire a positive image and legacy of Italian Americans; and to strengthen and empower ties between the United States and Italy.

DANK - What Is DANK

"The German American National Congress, commonly referred to as DANK, actively works to preserve German culture, heritage and language in the United States. It is our aim to inspire people with Germanic heritage and those interested in German cultures and language to recognize and celebrate the culture in a number of exciting ways."

I found these in less than 2 minutes. We will keep calling ourselves African American. Not out of spite because it really doesnt matter what you think but for the same reasons these groups do.

Home

"Mission: The mission of the Polish American Association, a human service agency, is to serve the diverse needs of the Polish community in the Chicago metro area by providing resources for changing lives, with emphasis on assisting immigrants"

United Russian American Association

"The United Russian-American Association is an umbrella group of Russian and Russian-speaking citizens of the Former Soviet Union."

In the early 20th century when Immigration from Europe was heavy, the white people from Europe bought into the idea that comming here would make you 'American' and all that that meant, they stressed to their children born here to be patriotic to the country who had just taken in their parents and grandparents, many of them changed their names and didnt bother to teach their kids the language of their home country because now they were American.
Thats what my family did when they came here from Brazil around that time, changed the spelling of the last name and gave up Portuguese, we were American now.

Immigrants today are told to behave differently, hell, stupid things like the pledge of allegance are seen as an insult today.

DANK - What Is DANK

"The German American National Congress, commonly referred to as DANK, actively works to preserve German culture, heritage and language in the United States. It is our aim to inspire people with Germanic heritage and those interested in German cultures and language to recognize and celebrate the culture in a number of exciting ways."
Deutschland....German

Guess what?

You can be other things and still be American. Being American is not the endall of your existence

So you can be an American of Italian heritage
You can be an African American

You can even be a urban American or an elderly American or god forbid, a Texan American

Doesn't make you any less of an American

Forum List

Back