Why do so many people want centralized control at the Federal Level on anything and everything?

Wow, I can see why you dislike state gov'ts. They do tend to squeeze as much revenue out of their citizens as much as possible, but I would say that some states are better than others. Especially with regard to the 2nd Amendment. Do ALL of the PA state parks require the commercial use licenses for big money? Is it feasible to run your business without using those parks?

With Coast Guard captain's certification I can guide in all waters of the state, including on Lake Erie. Yes, I could guide in waters outside of state parks, however, and while I have guided in other waters such as the Susquehanna river, my meat and potatoes income has come from guiding people locally, which means inside of state parks. The way my business model works clients tell me where they want to go fishing and I do my best to meet them on their local waters or wherever and take them fishing. With rising costs of just about everything including gasoline, it does not pay me to drive two or three hours to guide one person on distant waters.

I spoke with some younger people the other day, and they were not actually taught the differences in the roles of state and federal government, and therefore seemed to think everything was handled and ended with the fed.
That is a deliberately indoctrinated misconception so that younger generations will not question Federal overreach. It's borderline criminal.

So you did make that claim?
I am indeed a left winger. You could also call me somewhat of a libertarian, obviously. Before you demonstrate just how much of a fucking idiot you are by trying to gaslight me about my own beliefs, you should consider not doing so.

Can we let California destroy itself without taking Texas and Florida with it?

There's a reason we kept states independent and enumerated the powers that would go to the Federal Government. What retarded shit doesn't work in New York, should not be forced on Alabama.

So, make your case, Federal Supremacists. Why must we all do the stupid shit Maryland cranks out? What good does it do?
Because leaving something the States always creates a race to the bottom. Lower wages, poorer health insurance standards, fewer vital services, etc.

Can we let California destroy itself without taking Texas and Florida with it?

There's a reason we kept states independent and enumerated the powers that would go to the Federal Government. What retarded shit doesn't work in New York, should not be forced on Alabama.

So, make your case, Federal Supremacists. Why must we all do the stupid shit Maryland cranks out? What good does it do?
As far as I can figure, Bootney Lee Farnsworth
People like the Liberals who want equal justice and security for "all people" either believe this can be established by God through Christ and uniting all humanity as one family or church body, or they do not.

And some of those people believe it is the best way or the duty and purpose of Govt to establish security and protections of the people's welfare.

The same way some people have faith in God through Christ establishing and defending this for all people, some people believe it is part of the plans or process to use Govt to achieve equal justice and security for the public best interest.

See the First Enumerated Power in the Constitution that states the power to tax and spend for the general welfare. Conservatives believe the Govt provides for "common defence" as its primary purpose, while Liberals use Govt for establishment of the will of the people collectively to tax and spend for the public.

That is why we have two schools or approaches to Govt, very similar to the Catholic Protestant split.

Half the people believe in using a central authority to maintain unified uniform policies like the Catholics led by one Pope so they stay cohesive under the same policy for all.

Others are more like Lutherans and Baptists who believe in running your own local church body or community directly and not relying on a third party leader or group to follow or be under.

Some find security and equality under one system while others find it using the other approach.

Why not hold members and leaders to fund their own program policies as a group, and not impose on any other person or group?

Forum List

Back