Zone1 Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, they infer that everyone not black is a racist? Kind enough mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markle,

Your opinion is wrong.

I have shown you what professionals in the field of psychology say about the psychological impact of racism. Your opinion is simpleminded. A black person shoots another black person and the lead detective was black so racism didn't cause this in your view. Thats a simplistic conclusion many whites with racial problems have.

researchers found that continued exposure to an accumulation of perceived daily stress and racial discrimination stress increased the risk of violence among African American young adults.

People commonly think of racism in terms of overt individual actions and ideologies (the social-psychological understanding), but it also exists within systems, organizations, and cultures (the cultural-psychological understanding). In this way, racism is embedded in the reality of everyday life.— PHIA S. SALTER, GLENN ADAMS, AND MICHAEL J. PEREZ IN "CURRENT DIRECTIONS IN PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE"

You were shown that racism causes stress. What it has produced is a community of about 48 million stressed out frustrated angry people. So then anything can happen so set someone off. But you can't figure what racism does to a person because you don't face it. You are part of the problem that creates these situation. The fact that you believe that because everybody in a situation was black that racism could not be a part o why this happens shows just how much you don't know.

Although the chronic condition of stress can have negative side effects on all persons, the unique psycho-social and contextual factors, specifically the common and pervasive exposure to racism and discrimination, creates an additional daily stressor for African-Americans.

Indeed most of the studies of African-American life that we have executed have been related to stress and coping processes, and thus travel along the second track. We recognized that racism constituted an important source of stress in African American life, and Lang’s (1979) bio-informational theory encouraged us to use mental imagery to import racist events into the psychophysiological laboratory. Later with the help of Howard University filmmakers, we developed a series of vignettes for use in psychophysiological studies that depicted various forms of racism. These studies are part of a growing body of laboratory studies that have demonstrated that imagined and filmed laboratory analogues of racism elicit increased cardiovascular and electromyographic activity (see Harrell, Hall, and Talieferro, 2003). Sociologists and social epidemiologists have pioneered the study of the impact of structural forms of racism on health outcomes. Tanisha Burford (2009) as part of her doctoral dissertation developed a laboratory analog of structural racism. She reported that HRV and systolic blood pressure are particularly sensitive to the impact of structural racism.

You really have no clue.​

A 2015 systematic review collated the results of almost 300 studies to look at how racism affects the physical and mental health of Asian American, African American, and Latinx American people.

The aforementioned systematic review found that experiencing racism is associated with poor mental health and, to a lesser extent, poor physical health.

There is considerable research to suggest that the stress associated with experiencing racism can have long lasting physical effects.

Stress can elevate blood pressure and weaken the immune system, which, in turn, raises the risk of developing long-term health conditions.

Countless studies have shown the adverse physical and psychological effects of racism. “Racism is considered a fundamental cause of adverse health outcomes for racial/ethnic minorities and racial/ethnic inequities in health" (Williams, Lawrence, & Davis, 2019). The experience of individual, institutional, and cultural racism has been found to be uniquely predictive of post-traumatic stress symptoms (Facemire, 2018).

Racial trauma can involve a “negative, sudden, and uncontrollable experience or crisis.” Alternately, it can involve an “ongoing physical or psychological threat that produces feelings of fear, anxiety, depression, helplessness, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)" (Ponds, 2013).

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”
DEMOS, The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap, https://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Asset Val ue%20of%20Whiteness_0.pdf

You have a simple minded approach to this issue. It shows in your posts. I have lived facing the problem, you are part of the problem. So I know what the solution is while you deny it because you benefit from it. The solution is for whites to work harder to end racism in their community. There are whites trying to do this, but you aren't one of them. Instead you cherrypick and ignorantly believe that because everybody in a situation is black, racism couldn't be part of the cause.
For every "professional" you can find that takes one position there is another that takes the opposite position. Psychology isn't a science anyway, it's all opinion and unprovable theory. Not too long ago "reputable psychologists" were accusing people like the operators of the McMartin preschool of horrible imaginary crimes based upon the now disproven theory of repressed memories.

For every "professional" you can find that takes one position there is another that takes the opposite position. Psychology isn't a science anyway, it's all opinion and unprovable theory. Not too long ago "reputable psychologists" were accusing people like the operators of the McMartin preschool of horrible imaginary crimes based upon the now disproven theory of repressed memories.

True that!

Yet they are prescribing very dangerous drugs that are capable of producing results like this:

Walmart line cutter is not having a good day | Radio Gunk

Markle,

Your opinion is wrong.

I have shown you what professionals in the field of psychology say about the psychological impact of racism. Your opinion is simpleminded. A black person shoots another black person and the lead detective was black so racism didn't cause this in your view. Thats a simplistic conclusion many whites with racial problems have.

researchers found that continued exposure to an accumulation of perceived daily stress and racial discrimination stress increased the risk of violence among African American young adults.

People commonly think of racism in terms of overt individual actions and ideologies (the social-psychological understanding), but it also exists within systems, organizations, and cultures (the cultural-psychological understanding). In this way, racism is embedded in the reality of everyday life.— PHIA S. SALTER, GLENN ADAMS, AND MICHAEL J. PEREZ IN "CURRENT DIRECTIONS IN PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE"

You were shown that racism causes stress. What it has produced is a community of about 48 million stressed out frustrated angry people. So then anything can happen so set someone off. But you can't figure what racism does to a person because you don't face it. You are part of the problem that creates these situation. The fact that you believe that because everybody in a situation was black that racism could not be a part o why this happens shows just how much you don't know.

Although the chronic condition of stress can have negative side effects on all persons, the unique psycho-social and contextual factors, specifically the common and pervasive exposure to racism and discrimination, creates an additional daily stressor for African-Americans.

Indeed most of the studies of African-American life that we have executed have been related to stress and coping processes, and thus travel along the second track. We recognized that racism constituted an important source of stress in African American life, and Lang’s (1979) bio-informational theory encouraged us to use mental imagery to import racist events into the psychophysiological laboratory. Later with the help of Howard University filmmakers, we developed a series of vignettes for use in psychophysiological studies that depicted various forms of racism. These studies are part of a growing body of laboratory studies that have demonstrated that imagined and filmed laboratory analogues of racism elicit increased cardiovascular and electromyographic activity (see Harrell, Hall, and Talieferro, 2003). Sociologists and social epidemiologists have pioneered the study of the impact of structural forms of racism on health outcomes. Tanisha Burford (2009) as part of her doctoral dissertation developed a laboratory analog of structural racism. She reported that HRV and systolic blood pressure are particularly sensitive to the impact of structural racism.

You really have no clue.​

A 2015 systematic review collated the results of almost 300 studies to look at how racism affects the physical and mental health of Asian American, African American, and Latinx American people.

The aforementioned systematic review found that experiencing racism is associated with poor mental health and, to a lesser extent, poor physical health.

There is considerable research to suggest that the stress associated with experiencing racism can have long lasting physical effects.

Stress can elevate blood pressure and weaken the immune system, which, in turn, raises the risk of developing long-term health conditions.

Countless studies have shown the adverse physical and psychological effects of racism. “Racism is considered a fundamental cause of adverse health outcomes for racial/ethnic minorities and racial/ethnic inequities in health" (Williams, Lawrence, & Davis, 2019). The experience of individual, institutional, and cultural racism has been found to be uniquely predictive of post-traumatic stress symptoms (Facemire, 2018).

Racial trauma can involve a “negative, sudden, and uncontrollable experience or crisis.” Alternately, it can involve an “ongoing physical or psychological threat that produces feelings of fear, anxiety, depression, helplessness, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)" (Ponds, 2013).

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”
DEMOS, The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap, https://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Asset Val ue%20of%20Whiteness_0.pdf

You have a simple minded approach to this issue. It shows in your posts. I have lived facing the problem, you are part of the problem. So I know what the solution is while you deny it because you benefit from it. The solution is for whites to work harder to end racism in their community. There are whites trying to do this, but you aren't one of them. Instead you cherrypick and ignorantly believe that because everybody in a situation is black, racism couldn't be part of the cause.
I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY that you would utter such a thing!

By the way. I posted facts, not an opinion. In addition, it is MY opinion not yours so it can't be wrong.

Constant whining but no serious dialog. Keep up the great failure. We're all really impressed! No, really.

What are you so afraid of? Are you so limited in your grasp of the topic that all you can do is copy and paste the same thing you posted years ago?

Framed-S.jpg

methinks-S.jpg

Attributed to a lot of folks but I think it is still relevant for you.
Long%20Letter%20too-L.jpg

Last edited:

It’s not up to black people to cure white racism​

Asking black people to stop racism is like asking women to stop sexism.​

By Renée Graham

Before he broke Major League Baseball’s race barrier in 1947, Jackie Robinson was summoned by Branch Rickey, a Brooklyn Dodgers team executive. According to Arnold Rampersad’s Robinson biography, Rickey told Robinson, “I know you’re a good ballplayer. What I don’t know is whether you have the guts."

What Rickey wanted was a black man who would remain stoic even as n-words poured from dugouts and bleachers, or when opposing white players slid into him, their sharpened cleats held high. “I’m looking for a ballplayer,” he said, “with guts enough not to fight back.”

Always, black people are expected to accommodate bigotry. To cure racism, we’re supposed to magically rise above it, instead of stripping it bare and calling out its practitioners and enablers. Just as foundational as racism itself is the corrosive belief that the burden of its eradication lays on the weary shoulders of those directly maligned by it.

The problem with this thread from the beginning is the OP doesn't speak for all whites and he assumes that all whites are being blamed when only whites who practice racism are. Every body white is not a racist and the non racist whites do not ask this stupid question. Why? Because non racist whites understand the full impact of racism and are working to end it.

Non racist whites in this forum are offended and embarrassed by the white racists here.

“The problem with white supremacists although their intention is to stand up for whites and make things better for whites they actually do the opposite and make things much worse for whites in America. White supremacists instead of uniting us they divide us and by their ignorant actions just intensify hatred and divisions between whites, blacks, and Latinos. I hear the complaints of many of my friends who are black and Hispanic and even from my own wife who is half American Indian and part Mexican. Thank you so much ignorant white supremacists, you make living in this country as a white man a lot harder due to your own stupidity.” -USMB member, 2020

Whites like this person are vilified by whites such as the OP and other in here and then they whine or start threads like this crying because they are called what they are. Whites kill each other. Whites have no respect for authority. White men like trump have children with multiple women, everything the OP tries dissing blacks about whites do it too.

Furthermore, a mountain of information debunks the opinions of the OP and similar types.

Like this:

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

You asked for a solution. Do your part instead of thinking you can tell us what we need to do. Work to end white racism.

That's the solution.
You want white people who aren’t racist to stop others from being racist.

That isn't my intended purpose for this thread. I'm trying to generate REAL solution ideas from the far left. You know, the trolls here that constantly blame others. Representing the far left on this message board, what are your thoughts? In your opinion, specifically, what could be done to return the black unit to the strength it once enjoyed? What could government and black leaders do to return the marriage rates to that before President Johnson?

Billo_Really: What can be done to halt, much less reverse the overwhelming allure of the gangsta, thug lifestyle, music, and fashion? Is that beneficial to the black community?

In a tragically high number of episodes of "The FIRST 48," the perpetrator is a male, under the age of 25. In a recent episode I watched, the perpetrator was 19, living the macho lifestyle. "I don't want to go to jail he literally whined". That was his excuse for not talking to the detectives. He had approached another young black male, by whom the perp thought he had DISRESPECTED. The motive behind a shocking number of black on black murders. At the end of the interview, the KID said he was walking toward the victim, thought he was reaching for a gun, pulled out and shot him seven times. Said the kid, "I ONLY had SEVEN shells, I just wanted to scare him. Profusely crying, he asked if he could see his momma before he went to jail.

Why do some... on this forum believe that ranting for years that anyone not black is a racist and the cause of every one of the problems in black communities? Why are you all so afraid to tackle real issues with thoughts on working toward solutions?

Are you afraid of the answers?
I don't see anywhere in your thread where you talk about how whites are contributing to the problem. To put this all on blacks is racist. As far as your question to me specifically, you want me, a white Irish Catholic, to comment on how I would fix black marriage? I've never even thought about it, nor do I care.

I don't see anywhere in your thread where you talk about how whites are contributing to the problem. To put this all on blacks is racist. As far as your question to me specifically, you want me, a white Irish Catholic, to comment on how I would fix black marriage? I've never even thought about it, nor do I care.
That might be because of how whites are, or are not, contributing to the problem of crime in black communities had nothing to do with this thread. IF you read my post, you know it said nothing, whatsoever, about racism. I posted a situation and asked what could be done to prevent it from happening.

It is good to see a far-left liberal admit that they do not care one iota about the huge number of violent crimes in the black community. Nice too that you are proud to be a major part of the problem. Keep up the the good work!

Hopefully, this title is gentle enough to pass muster and will generate some sincere solutions. :D

Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, infer that everyone not black is a racist?

A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

In another episode, a 20-year-old black male responded in exasperation, "HELL, I've got six brothers on my father's side that I hardly know"! Is that NOT a huge part of the problem in black communities? Specifically, how is that the fault of anyone else? Is anyone, other than legislation inspired by President Lyndon Johnson (D) and his "War on Poverty" and "Great Society"?

Specifically, how is RACISM at fault because this happens?

If ever a white person was mean to a black person, black people need to take Will Smith's advice after he slapped Chris Rock

Smith said he has learned “we’ve just got to be nice to each other” and to “forgive myself for being human.”

Whites. You've got to be nice to black people. But also, forgive yourselves for being human.

Have we ever heard some of the black activists here ever state that blacks themselves contribute to the problem of racism? To put it all on whites is racist.

That might be because of how whites are, or are not, contributing to the problem of crime in black communities had nothing to do with this thread. IF you read my post, you know it said nothing, whatsoever, about racism. I posted a situation and asked what could be done to prevent it from happening.

It is good to see a far-left liberal admit that they do not care one iota about the huge number of violent crimes in the black community. Nice too that you are proud to be a major part of the problem. Keep up the the good work!
You can't solve a problem, any problem, until you break it down to the causal level. And that means looking to everything that contributes to the problem.

I did not put it all on whites. I merely stated there is white contribution to the problem.
You objected that whites were putting it all on blacks, so I pointed out that we have blacks on this forum who blame only whites - and I don’t see you having a problem with that.

There is nothing that whites can do about other whites who have racist attitudes. It’s up to blacks, through their actions and behavior, to demonstrate to those who have racist attitudes toward them are wrong.

You can't solve a problem, any problem, until you break it down to the causal level. And that means looking to everything that contributes to the problem.
Is that your way of saying "I got nuthin"?

I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY!

Really%20rotfl-M.gif

White people have stress and die too. Black stress is not caused by racism. One of your problems is you blame every damn negative thing a black person experiences on racism. Every race faces poverty, discrimination, laziness, lack of motivation, lack of education, etc. we all have issues, every white person doesnt live a life of luxury. Stop with the constant whining as if black people are the only ones with issues. IMO most white people don’t have racists thoughts or behaviors. We get up, go to work, try to provide for our families, help others in need, regardless of race. You refuse to see that. Your hatred of white people makes you think all or most whites are not good people. I think people don’t like you because if your attitude, not your skin color.
MizMolly, it's not hatred, and it's certainly not hatred of white people. It's animus against white racists for the unlawful and hateful behavior they engage in against Black people and some other minorities.

Actually scratch that, it's animus against all racists, white or otherwise. And nobody really cares who doesn't like us, seriously this isn't high school.

Wow! I'm quite impressed by how clever you thought you sounded saying that. Way to go!
So much ignorance, so little time.

That phase you ascribe to "ghetto patois" was just used within the last few weeks by one of my current team members as well as a former team member, both of whom are friends of mine. They're also white girls but soul sisters so that makes you wrong on two counts, since I don't think Alaska nor Iowa is generally what is thought of as the "ghetto".

What did she say that is racist? I ask because blacks such as you and IM2 call people racist when they are not.
You mean because we know you're in the closet?

And did it EVER occur to you that you may not be privy to every single conversation I have with everyone on this message board?

S/he gave several examples of why s/he is prejudiced against Black people, not that it's your right to know what we were discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back