Zone1 Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, they infer that everyone not black is a racist? Kind enough mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are on the same page. I was about to head out to the stores to beat the crowd, but I can wait….

Oh, wait. I think I know what the hissy fit is about. I accused it of using "ghetto patois" when it used the word "talkin".

What's funny is that I had always assumed that it was white! I've known white people who talk ghetto.

There's just no pleasing some folks.

Before we talk about “solutions” to white racism, we need to define what constitutes racism. The following is NOT racist:

1) Noting the highly disproportionate percentage of black ads and commercials. This just shows the unfair bias in favor of blacks, which now borders on the ridiculous. I just got the latest MACY’s flyer, and it consisted, as usual, of a photo of a black woman on the front, but it also had entire group photos where EVERYONE was black, page after page of only blacks, and an inside 2-page spread in which MACYs featured their partnership with black designers and their efforts to bring the “black perspective” to five of their clothing lines. A few token whites appeared in a couple of group shots, and you would have thought this was a 90% black country,

2) Objecting to the favoritism shown black students in the world of college admissions. After two generations, it is wrong to constitute to discriminate against white, Jewish, and Asian students by creating policies that will advantage the black race over other races.

Basically, objecting to decisions and policies that factor in race is NOT racist. To the contrary, those who support these policies are supporting racism, and all the screeches of “racist!!! White Supremacist!!” against those who object to them does not hide the fact that they are indeed racist policies.

Oh, wait. I think I know what the hissy fit is about. I accused it of using "ghetto patois" when it used the word "talkin".

What's funny is that I had always assumed that it was white! I've known white people who talk ghetto.

There's just no pleasing some folks.

Unless you support practices that discriminate against whites and favor blacks, she will consider you a racist.

Unless you support practices that discriminate against whites and favor blacks, she will consider you a racist.

Let him/her/it try.

What he/she/it considers true is not connected in any way to what is actual truth. He/she/it is a KKKeyboard KKKommando who thinks he/she/it is tough, an activist, a martyr.

Maybe in his/her/its world, that's true, but his/her/its world will never be part of my world or your world or the world of any other real, sensible person.

They're fun to watch.

What do you consider proof because the EEOC would beg to differ. They are constantly prosecuting cases where employers are discriminating and retaliating against members of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protected classes for reporting their violations of the affirmative action laws.

You just proved it for me. The laws are in place and are being enforced.

You're asking me to pretend that your premise is valid? And I did post a solution in the same comment that you are complaining about, you just don't accept it as valid that the only people who are in a position to end white racism are white racists themselves.

I mean since we can't control the behavior of other people then the only thing we can do is ensure there are consequences for them engaging in said behavior. One of my trainees taught me that in the realm of security and protection detail, that they have something called ATM - first you Ask that the perpetrator cease their behavior, then you Tell them to cease their behavior and if they still persist then you Make them cease their behavior, through a variety of means, including arrest.

If the consequences for engaging in racist behavior and harming others are not severe enough then they will not deter their behavior. Currently the consequences throughout the U.S. leave a lot to be desired in my opinion because there are too many loop holes rendering them mostly ineffective although there are a couple of laws that have been passed recently that may give some of the racists pause but not most of them. Laws like allowing a Black victim of a false police report to recover statutory damages from the White person who reported them if they were not violating any laws and the only reason for calling the police on the is because the caller didn't like or was suspicious of a Black person in their environment.

In Washington state we have a criminal code that allows a person who is motivated by animosity towards a victim due to their protected class status to be charged with malicious harassment. Additionally when the police cannot be bothered to help a victim of this type of harassment we have a network of individuals who are police detectives, financial fraud investigators, FBI agents, and other investigators who can be asked for their assistance if they have similar cases to the ones reported to the network. This allows the pooling of resources to see if any of these cases may be connected.

Does any of this meet your definition of a solution?
So, you have a network of vigilantes, that's nice to know. Weren't you one of the posters going nuts calling Kyle Rittenhouse a vigilante and claiming he had no right to defend himself?

So, you have a network of vigilantes, that's nice to know. Weren't you one of the posters going nuts calling Kyle Rittenhouse a vigilante and claiming he had no right to defend himself?

That poster is lying. I lived in Washington state. Their Black Vigilante Land is a fantasy.

I thank God every day I got out of the gigantic XXXX (mod edit) of Western Washington!

Last edited by a moderator:
Markle,

Your opinion is wrong.

I have shown you what professionals in the field of psychology say about the psychological impact of racism. Your opinion is simpleminded. A black person shoots another black person and the lead detective was black so racism didn't cause this in your view. Thats a simplistic conclusion many whites with racial problems have.
A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

researchers found that continued exposure to an accumulation of perceived daily stress and racial discrimination stress increased the risk of violence among African American young adults.

People commonly think of racism in terms of overt individual actions and ideologies (the social-psychological understanding), but it also exists within systems, organizations, and cultures (the cultural-psychological understanding). In this way, racism is embedded in the reality of everyday life.— PHIA S. SALTER, GLENN ADAMS, AND MICHAEL J. PEREZ IN "CURRENT DIRECTIONS IN PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE"

You were shown that racism causes stress. What it has produced is a community of about 48 million stressed out frustrated angry people. So then anything can happen so set someone off. But you can't figure what racism does to a person because you don't face it. You are part of the problem that creates these situation. The fact that you believe that because everybody in a situation was black that racism could not be a part o why this happens shows just how much you don't know.

Although the chronic condition of stress can have negative side effects on all persons, the unique psycho-social and contextual factors, specifically the common and pervasive exposure to racism and discrimination, creates an additional daily stressor for African-Americans.

Indeed most of the studies of African-American life that we have executed have been related to stress and coping processes, and thus travel along the second track. We recognized that racism constituted an important source of stress in African American life, and Lang’s (1979) bio-informational theory encouraged us to use mental imagery to import racist events into the psychophysiological laboratory. Later with the help of Howard University filmmakers, we developed a series of vignettes for use in psychophysiological studies that depicted various forms of racism. These studies are part of a growing body of laboratory studies that have demonstrated that imagined and filmed laboratory analogues of racism elicit increased cardiovascular and electromyographic activity (see Harrell, Hall, and Talieferro, 2003). Sociologists and social epidemiologists have pioneered the study of the impact of structural forms of racism on health outcomes. Tanisha Burford (2009) as part of her doctoral dissertation developed a laboratory analog of structural racism. She reported that HRV and systolic blood pressure are particularly sensitive to the impact of structural racism.

You really have no clue.

A 2015 systematic review collated the results of almost 300 studies to look at how racism affects the physical and mental health of Asian American, African American, and Latinx American people.

The aforementioned systematic review found that experiencing racism is associated with poor mental health and, to a lesser extent, poor physical health.

There is considerable research to suggest that the stress associated with experiencing racism can have long lasting physical effects.

Stress can elevate blood pressure and weaken the immune system, which, in turn, raises the risk of developing long-term health conditions.

Countless studies have shown the adverse physical and psychological effects of racism. “Racism is considered a fundamental cause of adverse health outcomes for racial/ethnic minorities and racial/ethnic inequities in health" (Williams, Lawrence, & Davis, 2019). The experience of individual, institutional, and cultural racism has been found to be uniquely predictive of post-traumatic stress symptoms (Facemire, 2018).

Racial trauma can involve a “negative, sudden, and uncontrollable experience or crisis.” Alternately, it can involve an “ongoing physical or psychological threat that produces feelings of fear, anxiety, depression, helplessness, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)" (Ponds, 2013).

In another episode, a 20-year-old black male responded in exasperation, "HELL, I've got six brothers on my father's side that I hardly know"! Is that NOT a huge part of the problem in black communities?

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”
DEMOS, The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap, https://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Asset Val ue%20of%20Whiteness_0.pdf

You have a simple minded approach to this issue. It shows in your posts. I have lived facing the problem, you are part of the problem. So I know what the solution is while you deny it because you benefit from it. The solution is for whites to work harder to end racism in their community. There are whites trying to do this, but you aren't one of them. Instead you cherrypick and ignorantly believe that because everybody in a situation is black, racism couldn't be part of the cause.

Hopefully, this title is gentle enough to pass muster and will generate some sincere solutions. :D

Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, infer that everyone not black is a racist?

A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

In another episode, a 20-year-old black male responded in exasperation, "HELL, I've got six brothers on my father's side that I hardly know"! Is that NOT a huge part of the problem in black communities? Specifically, how is that the fault of anyone else? Is anyone, other than legislation inspired by President Lyndon Johnson (D) and his "War on Poverty" and "Great Society"?

Specifically, how is RACISM at fault because this happens?
Well, what is your solution?

Let him/her/it try.

What he/she/it considers true is not connected in any way to what is actual truth. He/she/it is a KKKeyboard KKKommando who thinks he/she/it is tough, an activist, a martyr.

Maybe in his/her/its world, that's true, but his/her/its world will never be part of my world or your world or the world of any other real, sensible person.

They're fun to watch.

Look, there are always going to be racists, just as there are always going to be antisemites. As a Jew who has experienced plenty of bigotry, it’s next to impossible to change attitudes. All you can do is change yourself, and make as good a life as possible.

For blacks in poverty, my recommendation is the same as it would be for anyone in poverty - black, Jewish, Asian, whatever minority. (Whites too.) The worst thing you can do is have a baby out-of-wedlock or commit a crime, as either will derail your path to success.

Instead, take advantage of Pell Grants to get some vocational training or a terminal A.A. degree. If you’re bright, you can win a partial scholarship to the State U., with a part-time job and a modest amount of debt making up the difference.

Then, in a matter of 10 - 15 years, you are at least lower-middle class (which is what most people are). If enough of the blacks remaining in poverty do this, there will be no need for special favoritism toward blacks “for equity’s sake,” and thus a big reduction in resentment from whites who understandably are unhappy with being discriminated against. The crime rate would drop as well, also leading to less criticism from whites.

So you remove a lot of the grounds that lead to racism, but even if not….look at how you’ve improved your life.

That is the solution.

Look, there are always going to be racists, just as there are always going to be antisemites. As a Jew who has experienced plenty of bigotry, it’s next to impossible to change attitudes. All you can do is change yourself, and make as good a life as possible.

For blacks in poverty, my recommendation is the same as it would be for anyone in poverty - black, Jewish, Asian, whatever minority. (Whites too.) The worst thing you can do is have a baby out-of-wedlock or commit a crime, as either will derail your path to success.

Instead, take advantage of Pell Grants to get some vocational training or a terminal A.A. degree. If you’re bright, you can win a partial scholarship to the State U., with a part-time job and a modest amount of debt making up the difference.

Then, in a matter of 10 - 15 years, you are at least lower-middle class (which is what most people are). If enough of the blacks remaining in poverty do this, there will be no need for special favoritism toward blacks “for equity’s sake,” and thus a big reduction in resentment from whites who understandably are unhappy with bing discriminated against. The crime rate would drop as well, also leading to less criticism from whites.

So you remove a lot of the grounds that lead to racism, but even if not….look at how you’ve improved your life.

That is the solution.

Best post of the week.

Maybe even best of the month.

That isn't my intended purpose for this thread. I'm trying to generate REAL solution ideas from the far left. You know, the trolls here that constantly blame others. Representing the far left on this message board, what are your thoughts? In your opinion, specifically, what could be done to return the black unit to the strength it once enjoyed? What could government and black leaders do to return the marriage rates to that before President Johnson?

Billo_Really: What can be done to halt, much less reverse the overwhelming allure of the gangsta, thug lifestyle, music, and fashion? Is that beneficial to the black community?

In a tragically high number of episodes of "The FIRST 48," the perpetrator is a male, under the age of 25. In a recent episode I watched, the perpetrator was 19, living the macho lifestyle. "I don't want to go to jail he literally whined". That was his excuse for not talking to the detectives. He had approached another young black male, by whom the perp thought he had DISRESPECTED. The motive behind a shocking number of black on black murders. At the end of the interview, the KID said he was walking toward the victim, thought he was reaching for a gun, pulled out and shot him seven times. Said the kid, "I ONLY had SEVEN shells, I just wanted to scare him. Profusely crying, he asked if he could see his momma before he went to jail.

Why do some... on this forum believe that ranting for years that anyone not black is a racist and the cause of every one of the problems in black communities? Why are you all so afraid to tackle real issues with thoughts on working toward solutions?

Are you afraid of the answers?

Last edited:
For as long as one should take offense at being called "Racist"; one should accustome themselves to being treated as a racist...

What do you consider proof because the EEOC would beg to differ. They are constantly prosecuting cases where employers are discriminating and retaliating against members of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protected classes for reporting their violations of the affirmative action laws.
You seem to have forgotten something.

chain%20link-S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back