Zone1 Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, they infer that everyone not black is a racist? Kind enough mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked for a solution but what you really want is for blacks to blame ourselves for everything that's wrong.

Hopefully, this title is gentle enough to pass muster and will generate some sincere solutions. :D

Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, infer that everyone not black is a racist?

A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

In another episode, a 20-year-old black male responded in exasperation, "HELL, I've got six brothers on my father's side that I hardly know"! Is that NOT a huge part of the problem in black communities? Specifically, how is that the fault of anyone else? Is anyone, other than legislation inspired by President Lyndon Johnson (D) and his "War on Poverty" and "Great Society"?

Specifically, how is RACISM at fault because this happens?
This fails as a loaded question fallacy – as in: when did you stop beating your wife…

And like most fallacies, this fallacy is predicated on a lie – the lie that anyone who isn’t black must be a ‘racist.’

This also fails as a strawman fallacy.

Grow up and face the reality that white racism causes major problems for blacks .
There is practically no white racism. What there is, is largely a reaction to black racists like you. Time and again, you have turned upon white posters that supported you because they disagreed with you on some tiny point. You spend your entire life trying to make things worse instead of better. You are totally consumed by your hatred of the white man.

Democrats have been successful at fooling SOME blacks into thinking they are entitled just because of their skin color. When they realize they are not, they rebel and Democrats tell them they are being suppressed by ‘whitey.’ It's called race-baiting and, until it stops, solutions to inner city black on black violence and race hatred will continue.

Last edited:
Hopefully, this title is gentle enough to pass muster and will generate some sincere solutions. :D

Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, infer that everyone not black is a racist?

A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

In another episode, a 20-year-old black male responded in exasperation, "HELL, I've got six brothers on my father's side that I hardly know"! Is that NOT a huge part of the problem in black communities? Specifically, how is that the fault of anyone else? Is anyone, other than legislation inspired by President Lyndon Johnson (D) and his "War on Poverty" and "Great Society"?

Solution? Revoke citizenship and Deportation

The fact that you arewhite and expect blacks to provide a solution to behavior exhibited by whites shows that you are not really interested in honest discussion.

Why would white people provide a solution to a problem they don’t have? Why would they care?

It’s not up to black people to cure white racism​

Asking black people to stop racism is like asking women to stop sexism.​

By Renée Graham

Before he broke Major League Baseball’s race barrier in 1947, Jackie Robinson was summoned by Branch Rickey, a Brooklyn Dodgers team executive. According to Arnold Rampersad’s Robinson biography, Rickey told Robinson, “I know you’re a good ballplayer. What I don’t know is whether you have the guts."

What Rickey wanted was a black man who would remain stoic even as n-words poured from dugouts and bleachers, or when opposing white players slid into him, their sharpened cleats held high. “I’m looking for a ballplayer,” he said, “with guts enough not to fight back.”

Always, black people are expected to accommodate bigotry. To cure racism, we’re supposed to magically rise above it, instead of stripping it bare and calling out its practitioners and enablers. Just as foundational as racism itself is the corrosive belief that the burden of its eradication lays on the weary shoulders of those directly maligned by it.

The problem with this thread from the beginning is the OP doesn't speak for all whites and he assumes that all whites are being blamed when only whites who practice racism are. Every body white is not a racist and the non racist whites do not ask this stupid question. Why? Because non racist whites understand the full impact of racism and are working to end it.

Non racist whites in this forum are offended and embarrassed by the white racists here.

“The problem with white supremacists although their intention is to stand up for whites and make things better for whites they actually do the opposite and make things much worse for whites in America. White supremacists instead of uniting us they divide us and by their ignorant actions just intensify hatred and divisions between whites, blacks, and Latinos. I hear the complaints of many of my friends who are black and Hispanic and even from my own wife who is half American Indian and part Mexican. Thank you so much ignorant white supremacists, you make living in this country as a white man a lot harder due to your own stupidity.” -USMB member, 2020

Whites like this person are vilified by whites such as the OP and other in here and then they whine or start threads like this crying because they are called what they are. Whites kill each other. Whites have no respect for authority. White men like trump have children with multiple women, everything the OP tries dissing blacks about whites do it too.

Furthermore, a mountain of information debunks the opinions of the OP and similar types.

Like this:

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

You asked for a solution. Do your part instead of thinking you can tell us what we need to do. Work to end white racism.

That's the solution.

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism and a white dude cherrypicking things that fit what he wants to believe about blacks are part of the problem. Whites need to work on ending the racism in the white community. That would solve a lot of problems.

Whites have committed multiple mass shootings recently but you want to talk about a black kid shooting somebody. In 2020, about 7,700 blacks were killed by another black. Over 200,000 died from hypertension. Hypertension is caused by stress, stress also comes from being frustrated. Both of these thigs occur because of white racism. You want to create an argument based on a simple minded premise but racism is a complex issue. The following words are from psychiatrists and other medical professionals who study the psychological and physiological effects of racism. Your opinion doesn't consider this.

“Bryant-Davis and Ocampo (2005) noted similar courses of psychopathology between rape victims and victims of racism. Both events are an assault on the personhood and integrity of the victim. Similar to rape victims, race-related trauma victims may respond with disbelief, shock, or dissociation, which can prevent them from responding to the incident in a healthy manner. The victim may then feel shame and self-blame because they were unable to respond or defend themselves, which may lead to low selfconcept and self-destructive behaviors. In the same study, a parallel was drawn between race-related trauma victims and victims of domestic violence. Both survivors are made to feel shame over allowing themselves to be victimized. For instance, someone who may have experienced a racist incident may be told that if they are polite, work hard, and/or dress in a certain way, they will not encounter racism. When these rules are followed yet racism persists, powerlessness, hyper vigilance, and other symptoms associated with PTSD may develop or worsen.”

“On occasion, the emotional weight of racism can lead African Americans to engage in maladaptive coping, such as remaining in denial, engaging in substance use, aggression, self-blame – even in extreme cases suicide (i.e., Black Lives Matter activist Marshawn McCarrel) and terrorism (i.e., Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson). These responses are harmful and lead to negative, long-term consequences.”

You just see an occurrence and your frame of reference comes from being white and never facing racism to understand what it does to a person. You argue the same age old ignorant white argument of black inherent traits and just like your parents and grandparents generation, you do not factor in the effects of racism. But hey you can't be blamed for what your parents and grandparents did.

Findings from large-scale national studies indicate that, while African Americans have a lower risk for many anxiety disorders, they have a 9.1% prevalence rate for PTSD, compared to 6.8% in Whites. That means that almost one in ten Black people becomes traumatized, and I think these rates may actually be higher since diagnosticians are usually not considering the role of racism in causing trauma.

White Racism causes physical health problems.

On June 3, 2020, SAMHSA’s Office of Behavioral Health Equity published a report titled, “Trauma, Racism, Chronic Stress and the Health of Black Americans.” They found that racism contributed to poor mental health and chronic physical health problems.

“Racism and associated trauma and violence contribute to mental health disorders, particularly depression, anxiety and PTSD, and chronic health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, maternal mortality/infant mortality and morbidity in African Americans. Racism is considered a fundamental cause of adverse health outcomes for racial/ethnic minorities and racial/ethnic inequities in health. The primary domains of racism - structural/institutional racism, cultural racism, and individual-level discrimination— are linked to mental and physical health outcomes. Racism and violence targeting a specific community is increasingly associated with complex trauma and intergenerational trauma, all of which have physical and behavioral health consequences.”

In 2014, “Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States,” a study by Alicia Lukachko, Mark Hatzenbuehler, & Katherine Keyes, was published in Social Science and Medicine Journal. Their research showed that structural racism was one cause of heart attacks in black people.

“This study demonstrates adverse effects of structural racism— specifically state-level racial disparities disadvantaging Blacks in political representation, employment, and incarceration —on past 12-month myocardial infarction. These adverse effects, however, were specific to Blacks, and among Whites, indicators of structural racism appear to have a benign or even beneficial effect on cardiac health. It is important to note that individual level risk factors including age, sex, education, income, and medical insurance do not account for these findings.

Furthermore, lending support to the construct validity of our measures of structural racism, the effects persist above and beyond those of state-level racial disparities in poverty. Measures of structural racism pertaining to job status did not follow the expected pattern of association, and were inversely associated with myocardial infarction among Blacks.

While this finding was unexpected, it is in line with results from previous studies that have documented that Black Americans in high status positions report greater exposure to interpersonal discrimination. This increased exposure, coupled with potential pressures to assimilate and to defy negative racist stereotypes, may in turn place high status Blacks at greater risk for adverse health outcomes. Our results similarly suggest that Black Americans in states with greater representation of Blacks in high status positions are at higher risk for heart attack.”

So you see, there is a more complex relationship between white racism and problems blacks face than what the OP tries presenting. So if you are not going to do the study necessary to understand the holistic damage white racism causes, you need to be quiet. The solution is for whites to work harder to end the racism in the white community. If we don't have to live with that, a lot of things change for the better for blacks in America.
White people have stress and die too. Black stress is not caused by racism. One of your problems is you blame every damn negative thing a black person experiences on racism. Every race faces poverty, discrimination, laziness, lack of motivation, lack of education, etc. we all have issues, every white person doesnt live a life of luxury. Stop with the constant whining as if black people are the only ones with issues. IMO most white people don’t have racists thoughts or behaviors. We get up, go to work, try to provide for our families, help others in need, regardless of race. You refuse to see that. Your hatred of white people makes you think all or most whites are not good people. I think people don’t like you because if your attitude, not your skin color.

Where in this thread has anyone mentioned entitlement?

So you must think that there is such a thing as a valid reason for stealing. Why are we not surprised?

I live in a community that does not tolerate such things from anybody. I'm glad you're not my neighbor.

You know they have remedial classes that you can take sometimes for free that will help you with your reading comprehension since you're the one talkin shit about "Black people" not being entitled to anything that hasn't been earned.

None of us need to steal anything from anyone, we're more than capable of acquiring the things we want and need through our own efforts. In fact what I was lamenting was having someone who is not Black stealing from me recently.

If they're "all that" and Black people "aren't" then why are you stealing from someone whom you consider inferior to you?

As far as you being glad I'm not your neighbor, we wouldn't be neighbors anyway from the sound of your complaints.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Will you kindly restrict your attention to the questions and issues I posed?
You're asking me to pretend that your premise is valid? And I did post a solution in the same comment that you are complaining about, you just don't accept it as valid that the only people who are in a position to end white racism are white racists themselves.

I mean since we can't control the behavior of other people then the only thing we can do is ensure there are consequences for them engaging in said behavior. One of my trainees taught me that in the realm of security and protection detail, that they have something called ATM - first you Ask that the perpetrator cease their behavior, then you Tell them to cease their behavior and if they still persist then you Make them cease their behavior, through a variety of means, including arrest.

If the consequences for engaging in racist behavior and harming others are not severe enough then they will not deter their behavior. Currently the consequences throughout the U.S. leave a lot to be desired in my opinion because there are too many loop holes rendering them mostly ineffective although there are a couple of laws that have been passed recently that may give some of the racists pause but not most of them. Laws like allowing a Black victim of a false police report to recover statutory damages from the White person who reported them if they were not violating any laws and the only reason for calling the police on the is because the caller didn't like or was suspicious of a Black person in their environment.

In Washington state we have a criminal code that allows a person who is motivated by animosity towards a victim due to their protected class status to be charged with malicious harassment. Additionally when the police cannot be bothered to help a victim of this type of harassment we have a network of individuals who are police detectives, financial fraud investigators, FBI agents, and other investigators who can be asked for their assistance if they have similar cases to the ones reported to the network. This allows the pooling of resources to see if any of these cases may be connected.

Does any of this meet your definition of a solution?

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
It has already been done. There is no more racism. That’s my entire point.
What do you consider proof because the EEOC would beg to differ. They are constantly prosecuting cases where employers are discriminating and retaliating against members of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protected classes for reporting their violations of the affirmative action laws.

The only thing I can think that could actually change would be eliminating the first amendment to forbid racist speech. That would be an almost impossible feat. Freedom of speech is almost recognized as a human right world wide because of America’s position on this issue. It would be kind of weird for the USA to be the only country without it when we sorta invented it. I say sorta because it was around before the USA but we do get credit for making it popular.
No one is going to eliminate the First Amendment protections of free speech. But there are already exceptions to the free speech protections, specifically the fighting words doctrine. There are certain words, phrases or utterances that immediately breach the peace and cause a visceral reaction to fight such as calling a Black person the n-word in order to provoke him/her to fight so that the person who uttered the racial slur can then turn around and claim that the Black person threw the first punch or initiated the fight. This allows the person who uttered the racial slur to then claim in some cases that they were only defending themselves when they had to shoot the person that they goaded into attacking them.

We see through that ruse but white people have gotten away with this time and time again.

You know they have remedial classes that you can take sometimes for free that will help you with your reading comprehension since you're the one talkin shit about "Black people" not being entitled to anything that hasn't been earned.

None of us need to steal anything from anyone, we're more than capable of acquiring the things we want and need through our own efforts. In fact what I was lamenting was having someone who is not Black stealing from me recently.

If they're "all that" and Black people "aren't" then why are you stealing from someone whom you consider inferior to you?

As far as you being glad I'm not your neighbor, we wouldn't be neighbors anyway from the sound of your complaints.

Well, that's a lot of words and except for your lapse into ghetto patois, everything is spelled correctly.

Congratulations.

I never said that. You've been told that numerous times yet you repeat the lie.

I have provided solutions time after time. Again today, I presented things that have been shown to be caused by white racism based on study and have been peer reviewed. You disagree with these facts and your disagreement is not coming from knowledge but from being in a forum of whites who are as shallow as you so you don't have to consider anything but what you choose to believe.

You don't know any blacks, and most certainly don't know any intelligent blacks.

The fact that you arewhite and expect blacks to provide a solution to behavior exhibited by whites shows that you are not really interested in honest discussion.
In my humble opinion, you must be white. In addition to your early statements, a black person would never intentionally work so hard to increase the division and hate between the races. Only a white racist would do such things.

As we all know, you have never, ever provided a solution for any of the major crime problems in our inner cities, predominantly black communities. Why?

I posted these two issues that happened within black communities and asked what part white racism played in those tragedies.

In an effort to simplify this for you and not require that you hunt down the questions, here they are again.

This fails as a loaded question fallacy – as in: when did you stop beating your wife…

And like most fallacies, this fallacy is predicated on a lie – the lie that anyone who isn’t black must be a ‘racist.’

This also fails as a strawman fallacy.
I posted real-life situations and asked how they could have been avoided and/or what caused the issues. Specifically, how is that a "strawman fallacy"? Why are you, and others who share your philosophy, so afraid to work on solutions?

For your convenience, I'll repost the questions. Please tell us how this is a strawman fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back