Why do so many mourn Nelson Mandela’s death?

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009
See: South Africa, world mourn Nelson Mandela's death, celebrate his legacy

”In Washington, President Obama called him one of the "most influential, courageous and profoundly good" people to ever have lived.

"He achieved more than could be expected of any man," an emotional Obama said, in remarks from the White House, adding: "He belongs to the ages."

Obama ordered U.S. flags to be lowered immediately to half staff until Monday evening in tribute to Mandela.”

The irrefutable fact is, Mandela was a communist with a happy face. He did not support the inalienable right of people being free to determine their own pursuits of happiness. Like Obama, he defended the redistribution of wealth.

I guess Obama’s order to lower U.S. flags is his official salute to communism. My flag will not be lowered! A happy face on communism does not change the slavery instituted under communism,

JWK

They are not “liberals”. They are conniving Marxist parasites who use the cloak of government force to steal the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have worked to create

Last edited:

”In Washington, President Obama called him one of the "most influential, courageous and profoundly good" people to ever have lived.

"He achieved more than could be expected of any man," an emotional Obama said, in remarks from the White House, adding: "He belongs to the ages."

Obama ordered U.S. flags to be lowered immediately to half staff until Monday evening in tribute to Mandela.”

The irrefutable fact is, Mandela was a communist with a happy face. He did not support the inalienable right of people being free to determine their own pursuits of happiness. Like Obama, he defended the redistribution of wealth.

I guess Obama’s order to U.S. flags to be lowered is his official salute to communism. My flag will not be lowered! A happy face on communism does not change the slavery instituted under communism,

JWK

They are not “liberals”. They are conniving Marxist parasites who use the cloak of government force to steal the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have worked to create

Ignorance reaches historic new level with this thread.

IDK... he was a full blown communist.

I guess we're all supposed to do a song and dance for him because he's black, like obama.

We don't want to appear RACIST.

I guess Obama’s order to U.S. flags to be lowered is his official salute to communism. My flag will not be lowered! A happy face on communism does not change the slavery instituted under communism,

JWK

I guess you have forgotten Mandela’s necklacing and black on black killing spree. Is that what you support?

JWK

JWK

I guess you have forgotten Mandela’s necklacing and black on black killing spree. Is that what you support?

JWK

So using your logic, should we have labeled all the rebels that fought for the confederacy terrorists? White on White killing sprees? Is that what you support?

I guess Obama’s order to lower U.S. flags is his official salute to communism. My flag will not be lowered! A happy face on communism does not change the slavery instituted under communism,

JWK

The white minority in South Africa exploited the black majority in many ways. One way was to deny fair pay for the value of their work. That also included not providing even basic sanitation and clean water into their homes if you can call where they lived homes in the sense we think of it.

That in turn allowed whites to live like kings. Even white workers with relatively low level jobs could lead a fairly luxurious life style compared to anyone with a comparable job anywhere else in the world.

This was about income redistribution. It was about the kind of economics conservatives claim they support; people should get paid based on the value of their work and not based on some kind of gov't imposed decree based on status.

Or don't you understand your own philosophy?

Afrikaners Fear 'Night Of The Long Knives'...
:eek:
Anxious and conflicted: Afrikaners await a post-Mandela world
Saturday 7 December 2013 ~ Many are grateful to his reconciliation of the races, but some of the white minority still express fears of a 'night of the long knives'
Dirk Smit's reaction to the death of Nelson Mandela, it would be fair to assume, puts him in the minority of South Africans. "Sort of indifferent, to be honest," he said flatly of his feelings. "Calling him a terrorist was a fair comment. What we shouldn't forget is that he also killed a lot of people. The bombings and all that crap." To criticise Mandela in these days is a subversive act, as politically contrarian as declining to wear a poppy on Remembrance Sunday is in Britain. The country's first black president, already immortalised with statues, on bridges and on banknotes, is the subject of rolling eulogies on television and radio channels and he will be prayed for at church services up and down the country on Sunday.

But scratch the surface and among white South Africans – about 9% of the population – there is a mosaic of views. Many have flocked to Mandela's home in the upmarket Johannesburg suburb of Houghton to lay flowers and shed tears. The great majority of Afrikaners (white peoples of predominantly Dutch, German and French Huguenot ancestry) interviewed by the Observer in Benoni, a former gold-mining town east of Johannesburg, expressed sorrow at his loss and admiration for his ability to bridge the nation's racial divide.

Mourners-outside-Nelson-M-009.jpg

Mourners outside Nelson Mandela's home in Johannesburg, South Africa.

But several also spoke of a deep-rooted fear that Mandela's death could dismantle the social pact of 1994 and lead to persecution, or worse, of the white minority. And a small fraction echoed the views of the marginal rightwingers who yearn to rekindle racial apartheid. "I didn't agree with any of his opinions or statements on things," said Smit, walking through Benoni's nondescript town centre with his girlfriend. "In general, I would say the country is not better than it was in 1994. It's much worse. Crime is just ridiculous, healthcare is terrible now – you can't use public systems any more – and the roads are bad. The poor are still poor and life for the middle class has gone backwards."

And the rainbow nation? "There's still a division between the races in this country. You go to any function and see the people are split. I have some black friends, but 99% of my friends are white because we share the same culture." There has long been an urban myth, fanned by the internet in recent years, that Mandela's death would be the trigger for a so-called "night of the long knives" in which whites would be wiped out. Some, it is said, have undergone military training to defend themselves and have even stockpiled cans of food in bunkers. Smit added: "On the day after Mandela died, I joked to my colleagues, 'I'm so glad to find you all at work.' If you listen to the stories, they might try to get rid of us all. We might be facing a genocide for all I know. It's a possibility, but I doubt it."

MORE

When Mandela came to power he could have taken vengeance on the white minority, instead he preached and governed an ideology of forgiveness, inclusion and yes, love of his fellow man.

He was a bigger man than any of his opponents and South Africa is far worse off without him

Because they are ignorant. And were spoon fed a leftard propaganda lie glorifying a terrorist.

JWK

JWK
You mean the stuff that happened while he was in prison and isolated for 27 years?

Forum List

Back