Why do so many leftists believe in the Executive Order?

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
So, what is an executive order?

Related News​

“An executive order is the most formal of the three executive actions a president can take under Article II of the Constitution,” said Doug Gansler, former attorney general of Maryland.

The second type is an executive memorandum: “For instance, President Obama directing new relations with Cuba,” Gansler said.

And, the third type of executive action is a proclamation, said Gansler, pointing to President Ronald Reagan’s proclamation of National Catfish Day, in 1987.

Gansler said the president is not allowed to create a new law with an executive order — making new laws is the job of Congress.

“An executive order is an official statement and legally binding mandate from the president, about how the federal agencies he oversees are to use their resources,” Gansler said. Executive Orders 101: What are they? And can they be challenged? - WTOP News

Biden making noise about banning guns with an EO, but we in this country seem too stupid to know that it would not effect the population, because a President can not change law on his own, and certainly can't change the Constitution...

Biden making noise about banning guns with an EO, but we in this country seem too stupid to know that it would not effect the population, because a President can not change law on his own, and certainly can't change the Constitution...
Only part of the US population is too stupid to realize that banning "assault weapons" solves NOTHING. But gives the Democrats an emotional hot button issue they can crow about.

9066 was one of their favorites.

President Donald J. Trump: 220 Executive Orders signed.

President Barack H. Obama: 276 Executive Orders signed. (8 years)

President George W. Bush: 290 Executive Orders signed. (8 years)

President William J. Clinton: 364 Executive Orders signed. (8 years)

George H.W. Bush: 166 Executive Orders signed.

It's seems as though all Presidents, regardless of party, like the power of the pen:

So, in your eyes the President can make law?

It's irrelevant what I think. I think we should ban EO's outright. What's important is what the Supreme Court thinks.

The Supreme Court is saying a president can ban aspects of a gun with an EO. Do you understand the ramifications of that?

It's irrelevant what I think. I think we should ban EO's outright. What's important is what the Supreme Court thinks.

The Supreme Court is saying a president can ban aspects of a gun with an EO. Do you understand the ramifications of that?
You actually said something I agree with.
We should ban EO's, not guns.
President's enforce the law, they don't make it.
I disagreed with DT's ban as well.

I say we rescind ALL of them & force Congress to do their jobs.
I the pols from both sides are going to inexplicably get rich in DC while on a public servants salary & expect us to ignore the obvious questions as to how, at least do the job they were sent to do

Yes, and I don’t like it.

As far as the SC goes, no one elected them either. Congress makes law, not either one of the afore mentioned.

Yes, and I don’t like it.

As far as the SC goes, no one elected them either. Congress makes law, not either one of the afore mentioned.

When Trump did what he did very few condemned it. The left was fine with it and his supporters simply could not condemn him. I did. Now do you understand why?

Now do you understand why blind partisanship is a huge issue in this country?

New Topics

Forum List

Back