Why do Republicans continue to lie about terrorist attacks after 9-11?

Why do we listen to Rudy?
"America's mayor" has no credibility left
by Joe Conason
Link Excerpt:
Why does the mainstream news establishment continue to present Rudy “9/11” Giuliani as a leading expert on terrorism and national security? Rather than scrupulous analysis or fresh insight, he offers hyper-partisan spin, unburdened by basic facts or even a working memory. On "Good Morning America," Rudy sought to draw an unflattering comparison between Obama and his predecessor with an outlandish claim. "We had no domestic terror attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama." This is now the Republican propaganda line, insulting to any American of normal intelligence, which only omits the largest terrorist attack ever on American soil – and the event that restored Giuliani’s fortunes and allowed him to mount an ill-fated presidential campaign in 2008. (Sometimes he forgets shoe bomber Richard Reid, and sometimes he pretends that the Reid attempt occurred before 9/11.) It's obvious that Giuliani was responsible for a serious menace to national security, which fortunately was derailed before it could do any real damage: the nomination of Bernard Kerik as secretary of Homeland Security. Consider the security implications of a Cabinet member with ties to organized crime, an outstanding arrest warrant in his home state, and all the other myriad defects of Giuliani’s corrupt former police commissioner -- whom he promoted because of loyalty instead of qualifications or competence.

It took Obama 3 days to comment on the underwear bomber driving hacks on this board to post thread after thread yet back in 2001, when Richard Reid tried to light his shoe bomb, it took Bush [SIZE=+1]seven days to comment[/SIZE].

You Democrats do not understand
Conservatives believe that

"Leftism invites terrorism" Or "Liberlaism is Terrorism"

At least, that is what the propaganda on the right implies.

rudy-little-people.jpg

Giuliani Claims 'No Domestic Attacks Under Bush' - Sphere News

BagleP20100105.jpg

Dick and Liz Cheney like to continue on like nothing happened after 9-11 as well saying they kept America safe after 9-11.

"Ultimately, the buck stops with me. And when the system fails, it is my responsibility."
-- Obama, acting like a man Link

"Hmm. I wish you had given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. Ahhh... I'm sure historians will look back and say gosh we could have done it better this way or that way. Ahhh. You know I just, ahhh, I'm sure something will pop into my head here...with all the pressure of trying to
come up with an answer but it hadn't yet...."
-- Bush in 2004 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A&feature=player_embedded"]Link[/ame]

"Ultimately, the buck stops with me. And when the system fails, it is my responsibility."
-- Obama, acting like a man Link

"Hmm. I wish you had given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. Ahhh... I'm sure historians will look back and say gosh we could have done it better this way or that way. Ahhh. You know I just, ahhh, I'm sure something will pop into my head here...with all the pressure of trying to
come up with an answer but it hadn't yet...."
-- Bush in 2004 Link

And the right (CrusaderFrank) wants to constantly rag on Obama for his 57 states gaffe????

by Joe Conason
Link Excerpt:
Why does the mainstream news establishment continue to present Rudy “9/11” Giuliani as a leading expert on terrorism and national security? Rather than scrupulous analysis or fresh insight, he offers hyper-partisan spin, unburdened by basic facts or even a working memory. On "Good Morning America," Rudy sought to draw an unflattering comparison between Obama and his predecessor with an outlandish claim. "We had no domestic terror attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama." This is now the Republican propaganda line, insulting to any American of normal intelligence, which only omits the largest terrorist attack ever on American soil – and the event that restored Giuliani’s fortunes and allowed him to mount an ill-fated presidential campaign in 2008. (Sometimes he forgets shoe bomber Richard Reid, and sometimes he pretends that the Reid attempt occurred before 9/11.) It's obvious that Giuliani was responsible for a serious menace to national security, which fortunately was derailed before it could do any real damage: the nomination of Bernard Kerik as secretary of Homeland Security. Consider the security implications of a Cabinet member with ties to organized crime, an outstanding arrest warrant in his home state, and all the other myriad defects of Giuliani’s corrupt former police commissioner -- whom he promoted because of loyalty instead of qualifications or competence.

Dude....go back to your coffee and donuts.

There are a shitload of other threads about this already.

by Joe Conason
Link Excerpt:

Dude....go back to your coffee and donuts.

There are a shitload of other threads about this already.

Sorry. We are STILL waiting for an answer on the shitload of other threads too...

Lie about the terrorist attacks of 9-11?

Do you mean that Saddam Hussein WASN'T the mastermind?

Why do Republicans continue to lie about terrorist attacks after 9-11?

Name something else, anything else, the Republicans do as well as telling lies to the American People.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44[/ame]

Forum List

Back