Why do people say dreamers are "stealing jobs"?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Do you guys know how the world of talent acquisition actually works? Because I have a feeling you don't.

I'm pretty sure "Dreamers" are a special class of illegal aliens and were unConstitutionally cleared to steal jobs and benefits from American citizens at their expense.

How exactly does one "steal" a job? Last time I was a recruiter, we had to hire mostly Indians and E.Asians to fill our difficult, high-paying, technical jobs. What jobs are you talking about, exactly? Because we have too many high-paying jobs and not enough qualified Americans to fill them. We don't have enough talent in this country.

Hell, we were even bringing over kids from Spain and Italy because our kids are too fucking dumb to be engineers. So much for the job shortage, lol.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure "Dreamers" are a special class of illegal aliens and were unConstitutionally cleared to steal jobs and benefits from American citizens at their expense.

How exactly does one "steal" a job? Last time I was a recruiter, we had to hire mostly Indians and E.Asians to fill our difficult, high-paying, technical jobs. What jobs are you talking about, exactly? Because we have too many high-paying jobs and not enough qualified Americans to fill them. We don't have enough talent in this country.

If you're here illegally or unconstitutionally and you're sucking up the benefits of American citizenship at their expense, you're stealing. (that's the bottom line without the emotion and playing political victimhood)

Okay yup, there seems to be an abundance of spoiled and freeloading youngsters that wouldn't know a work ethic if it bit them on the ass, it's no wonder you have to hire willing to work foreigners to fill the jobs.

Sheesh, one question at a time and welcome to the USMB.

Hell, we were even bringing over kids from Spain and Italy because our kids are too fucking dumb to be engineers. So much for the job shortage, lol.

Those being imported under work visas are not dreamers in the first damn place.

Before you tell me I have no damn clue I have been part of companies that imported Nurses, Doctors, PT's and Teachers and know of special programs that granted agencies visas to bring people from the Philippines to fill positions here in the States during the 1980's to the mid-2000's and none of those visa holders were dreamers.

Dreamers are not filing those high paying positions either!

It drives the wage down.

What? How? What wage? What jobs are we talking about? I promise you with 100% certainty that illegal immigrants "stealing jobs" is not driving the wages down in corporate America.

In low-skill jobs? Might have some impact on them.

It drives the wage down.

What? How? What wage? What jobs are we talking about? I promise you with 100% certainty that illegal immigrants "stealing jobs" is not driving the wages down in corporate America.

In low-skill jobs? Might have some impact on them.
Mass immigration drives down the wage. Not dreamers specifically. Just too much immigration.

Those being imported under work visas are not dreamers in the first damn place.

Before you tell me I have no damn clue I have been part of companies that imported Nurses, Doctors, PT's and Teachers and know of special programs that granted agencies visas to bring people from the Philippines to fill positions here in the States during the 1980's to the mid-2000's and none of those visa holders were dreamers.

Dreamers are not filing those high paying positions either!

That's because they're in their twenties. Even engineers don't make that much in their twenties, except maybe in petroleum or some rare specialty.

Do you guys know how the world of talent acquisition actually works? Because I have a feeling you don't.

Why do people say dreamers are "stealing jobs"

Who says that , your coworkers at McDonald's?

I don't know about dreamers, kick out 20 million illegals and we wouldn't be hearing about raising the minimum wage artificially through the government.

I don't know about dreamers, kick out 20 million illegals and we wouldn't be hearing about raising the minimum wage artificially through the government.

Is that the only thing you can come up with? Pathetic.

Only weak-ass losers are worried about their job getting taken by illegals. People with good jobs couldn't give a fuck about it.

Only weak-ass losers are worried about their job getting taken by illegals. People with good jobs couldn't give a fuck about it.

Then why did you start two post about it, burger flipper boi?

Btw I thought a rising tide raises all ships, so goes the argument by the left if we artificially raise the minimum wage.

Wait ... are you actually retarded? You think I'M the one bitching about illegals taking jobs? Quite the opposite; I don't give 2 shits about the crybaby hillbillies that would fit right in an episode of South Park. I'm saying that DACA kids, by and large, AREN'T taking your loser, dead-end jobs, so there's no need for the little bitches to cry about it.

Wait ... are you actually retarded? You think I'M the one bitching about illegals taking jobs? Quite the opposite; I don't give 2 shits about the crybaby hillbillies that would fit right in an episode of South Park. I'm saying that DACA kids, by and large, AREN'T taking your loser, dead-end jobs, so there's no need for the little bitches to cry about it.

You are really bad at this..

So let's recap who started two threads on illegals and jobs, you or I? It's obvious you care about this issue and it's obvious I am making fun of you for working at McDonald's

So let's recap who started two threads on illegals and jobs, you or I? It's obvious you care about this issue and it's obvious I am making fun of you for working at McDonald's

I actually have no idea what you're talking about, or what your point is. Why are you even here? To insult strangers on the internet? That's some life you live.

Anyway, carry on with ... whatever it is that you do. Since you only have one insult that's horribly over-used and one that has no effect at all since it doesn't apply to me, AND you have no actual point, there's really no sense in continuing this ... conversation.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about, or what your point is. Why are you even here? To insult strangers on the internet? That's some life you live.

Anyway, carry on with ... whatever it is that you do. Since you only have one insult that's horribly over-used and one that has no effect at all since it doesn't apply to me, AND you have no actual point, there's really no sense in continuing this ... conversation.

Once again kid it wasn't me who made two threads on illegals and then turned around and said I didn't care..

That would be you.

So you have to care otherwise you wouldn't of made two threads about them ..

:popcorn: .. Great, the real/internet John (less BS) Shaw showed up.. :beer:

You mean you recruited cheap foreign labor at half the price that you would have had to pay. Americans in STEM jobs should be making twice as much as they made in the 1990s. Yet, we're making exactly the same.

Do you have any idea how the world of hiring works? That's not a question, as I already know you have absolutely no clue.

If the illegals weren't in the country, who would the employers hire? Answer: Americans.

Forum List

Back