Why Do Liberal Democrats Think Trump Can't Pardon Himself?

My guess is that Biden would pardon Trump in accordance with his wish to move on and heal the nation

That would go down unwell. VERY unwell. It would flout the rule of law, confirm for anyone still in doubt that Washington politics is nothing more than a network for the élite who grease one another, and ensure for Joe Biden the same fate as that of Jerry Ford, and probably much worse since while Nixon also thumbed his nose at the democratic process, he didn't waddle around endlessly pissing everybody off personally like this jackwagon does.

No he can't pardon himself....
The Supreme Court has never said that.
No, they haven't, because no president has ever done such an unethical thing....Nixon came close..... but no cigar!

I doubt the supreme court would determine the founding fathers of the Constitution, planned for criminal presidents to grant pardons to themselves for their own crimes, when the constitution says presidents can be prosecuted after impeachment from office....every president could just pardon themselves and live in lawlessness....

Would the supreme court really set precedent for every president to be lawless their entire term with no fear of ever being prosecuted for their crimes? Heck no!

We are a Nation of laws, not men.

No he can't pardon himself....
The Supreme Court has never said that.
No, they haven't, because no president has ever done such an unethical thing....Nixon came close..... but no cigar!

I doubt the supreme court would determine the founding fathers of the Constitution, planned for criminal presidents to grant pardons to themselves for their own crimes, when the constitution says presidents can be prosecuted after impeachment from office....every president could just pardon themselves and live in lawlessness....

Would the supreme court really set precedent for every president to be lawless their entire term with no fear of ever being prosecuted for their crimes? Heck no!

Nixon infamously said --- but long after he resigned from office --- "when the President does it, that means that it is not illegal".

He was correctly skewered for that level of bullshit, and a self-pardon would be saying the same thing.

The liberal media are tripping over each other trying to claim Trump can't pardon himself. There is nothing in the Constitution saying the president can't pardon himself.

---Trump probably can't pardon himself. He may still try---

Barrett refused to tip her hand, and she will be there if this case ever gets to the Supreme Court. Obviously she and others there will be on Trump's side.

---Can Trump Pardon Himself? Barrett Sidesteps What Booker Calls A Live Issue---

6tywaz5m9m161.jpg

My guess is that Biden would pardon Trump in accordance with his wish to move on and heal the nation

That would go down unwell. VERY unwell. It would flout the rule of law, confirm for anyone still in doubt that Washington politics is nothing more than a network for the élite who grease one another, and ensure for Joe Biden the same fate as that of Jerry Ford, and probably much worse since while Nixon also thumbed his nose at the democratic process, he didn't waddle around endlessly pissing everybody off personally like this jackwagon does.
You make a good point

Looks like a pardon to me...
Well... It's a Presidential Proclamation of a pardon... Not the pardon itself. All that happened was the current one told any and all people who wanted to charge him not to bother.

Maybe that's how pardons work... They are all Presidential Proclamations... But I doubt it. Put more work into this... You might actually have me for once.

Well... It's a Presidential Proclamation of a pardon... Not the pardon itself.
I think your attempting to make a distinction without a difference.

I believe the proclamation of a pardon is the pardon.

Well... It's a Presidential Proclamation of a pardon... Not the pardon itself.
I think your attempting to make a distinction without a difference.

I believe the proclamation of a pardon is the pardon.
That's possible. I don't deny that. I would find it odd if that was the case however. But then, I was a Quality Manager overseeing ISO within the company... ( International Organization for Standardization ) So I am big into processes.

And that would be a very overly simplistic and hard to actually enforce with just a public proclamation. But... I'm open to the fact that the government isn't very good at running things.

My understanding is that you can ONLY pardon for crimes committed. You can not pardon for future crimes.

So what crime would Trump be pardoning himself for?

What has he done that we are unaware of?

Trump appointed Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett. They are on his side.

Trump appointed Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett. They are on his side.
"No man can judge his own cause"

As president, making the judgement that a pardon or clemency is deserved by a criminal....and the President granting such pardon to the repentant criminal is absolutely within his presidential power...

However, it can not be granted, to himself.... because no man can be a judge in his own cause...

(He doesn't have the power to forgive his own sins, (crimes) he's not allowed to make that judgement...No man is allowed to do such, legally)

Nemo judex in causa sua (or nemo judex in sua causa) is a Latin phrase that means, literally, "no-one is judge in his own cause." It is a principle of natural justice that no person can judge a case in which they have an interest.
Nemo iudex in causa sua - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua

Last edited:
The liberal media are tripping over each other trying to claim Trump can't pardon himself. There is nothing in the Constitution saying the president can't pardon himself.

Barrett refused to tip her hand, and she will be there if this case ever gets to the Supreme Court. Obviously she and others there will be on Trump's side.

---Can Trump Pardon Himself? Barrett Sidesteps What Booker Calls A Live Issue---

What shall he pardon himself for?
Do you not think that the use of a pardon by a criminal elected is an abuse of power?

It is not a liberal-conservative issue.

The Supreme Court will bitch-slap Impeached Trump if he attempts such a retarded stunt. Why? Because they know better than you and they will not give one person (a president, not only Trump) so much power, that they can commit any crime, from abuse of office all the way to murder, and then get away with their crime(s) by pardoning themselves. Then committing more crimes the next day, if they want.

Forum List

Back