Why Do Democrats Believe

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
That teachers, firefighters, and policemen are the only Americans with value?

Answer? Because they're union.

Me?

I favor our military men and women, Democrats would slash their jobs in a heartbeat.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

No, because they are government employees. Only people who work for government do anything worthwhile, in the eyes of a liberal.

Me?

I favor our military men and women, Democrats would slash their jobs in a heartbeat.

They dont, in fact those are probably the union employees they hate the most.....BUT they appeal to the middle class and most normal people.....so they use them as bargaining chips......you never see them threaten to lay off a lazy ass DMV worker or a friend of the mayor that doesnt do shit but draw a paycheck......nope always a teacher or cop......

As a former teacher, I absolutely agree with Romney that the union is nothing but a self-centered political machine, and does NOT put the kids first. Teachers should be held accountable, and tenure can result in lazy attitudes. As Romney has said, students and parents don't have a union to represent their interests, and they deserve someone who will work to make more choices available to them through charter schools and vouchers.

Last edited:

Me?

We don't value them more than others...we can't understand the current RW need to devalue them.

We dont, we support them....liberals bitch if a cop slaps a prisoner that just killed 20 people....Id like to have seen them go Rodney King on the punk from Colorado

Time for some generalizations...

Any time a liberal talks about government workers, they are always thinking of the best of the best cops/teachers/firemen.

Any time a conservative talks about government workers they are always talking about the worst of the worst, pencil pushers, redundant jobs, lazy sobs.

Why do they both perfer to focus on the exception and not the norm? Simple, it appeals to the base and furthers the rhetoric.

Me?

next time your house is on fire, call the air force

let me know how that works out

Why is it required that to get a job in some places you must join the union? Why are some of the union dues you pay used to support a candidate you may not personally support?

Me?

next time your house is on fire, call

Next time you need to fight a war since your first grade teacher let me know how that works out

Me?

All of the firemen I know are also in the military and have served in both Iraq and Afganistan.

Don't really think you should feel you have to support one over another personally.

As a former teacher, I absolutely agree with Romney that the union is nothing but a self-centered political machine, and does NOT put the kids first. Teachers should be held accountable, and tenure can result in lazy attitudes. As Romney has said, students and parents don't have a union to represent their interests, and they deserve someone who will work to make more choices available to them through charter schools and vouchers.

I do agree with you as it takes a lot to get a lazy ass teacher out.

We have already had so many cop cutbacks, and firehouses closed. As it is right now in the city it takes along time for a response as they are so very busy.

Me?

All of the firemen I know are also in the military and have served in both Iraq and Afganistan.

Don't really think you should feel you have to support one over another personally.

Start from the beginning Dipset

Me?

next time your house is on fire, call

Next time you need to fight a war since your first grade teacher let me know how that works out

calm down, willow

Me?

Because they can't use any other group to scare mommies with.

Forum List

Back