Why didn’t the Trump lawyer team’s court filing today include the claim that Trump declassified the documents?

Did you not read the IG report on it?

The IG report cited department policies dating to 2005 that require “normal day-to-day operations” to be conducted on government servers, contrary to Clinton’s claim that her server was allowed. It also said she “had an obligation” to discuss her email system with cybersecurity officials, but there’s “no evidence” that she sought or received their approval.
The IG report said Clinton should have turned over her emails before she left office — not 21 months after she left. “he did not comply with the Department’s policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act,” the report said.
Clinton has said her emails “were captured and preserved immediately on the system at the State Department” because she emailed department officials at their government accounts. The IG report said that is “not an appropriate method of preserving any such emails that would constitute a Federal record.”

As we have written before, Clinton has said her email arrangement was “allowed” by her department and “fully above board.” Even after the report came out, Clinton continued to make this claim, saying in an ABC News interview on May 26 that “it was allowed.”

The IG report says that that was not the case.

Nothing in there says her server was illegal. Thanks for confirming what I already suspected -- you were full of shit when you falsely claimed her server was illegal.

:dance:

Nothing in there says her server was illegal. Thanks for confirming what I already suspected -- you were full of shit when you falsely claimed her server was illegal.

haha yes it plainly states it…she violated the federal records act and it violated govt policies making it illegal

haha yes it plainly states it…she violated the federal records act and it violated govt policies making it illegal

LOL

Imbecile, it says she violated "policies."

Policies are not laws. Furthermore, it said she violated policies by not turning over emails after she left office. That's not an implication that her server was illegal.

As usual, you were caught again posting unadulterated bullshit.

face-palm-gif.278959

maybe. not..so? clinton had no legal reason, and knowingly keep them on an illegal server
Obviously, you’re wrong. Hillary was investigated, questioned under oath and never prosecuted. So, either she’s innocent or the gop is completely incompetent. Take your pick.

Obviously, you’re wrong. Hillary was investigated, questioned under oath and never prosecuted. So, either she’s innocent or the gop is completely incompetent. Take your pick.
yes, and the investigation showed she had an illegal server.

Not sure what the GOP has to do with it, the Obama appointed the IG.

Something can be illegal, and not a crime....the server was illegal, because it violated all sort of rules,...but also the Federal Records Act....which violation of is, isn't a crime per se.

yes, and the investigation showed she had an illegal server.

Something can be illegal, and not a crime....the server was illegal, because it violated all sort of rules,...but also the Federal Records Act....which violation of is, isn't a crime per se.

You're still lying about this even after getting caught lying?

Need I remind you, you utterly failed to prove that server was illegal.

The gop led congress conducted the investigation. You should have a problem with them if you have a problem with the results.

Last edited:
You're still lying about this even after getting caught lying?

Need I remind you, you utterly failed to prove that server was illegal.
i literally provided a link summarizing the IG report with a link to it…that says it was illegal

sorry you don’t want to accept reality…but that’s a sign of dembot cultist

i literally provided a link summarizing the IG report with a link to it…that says it was illegal

sorry you don’t want to accept reality…but that’s a sign of dembot cultist

You're lying again, it doesn't say that at all. Watch....

cut and paste the text from that link where you think it says her server was illegal....

:popcorn:

Relax, his lawyers will get to that when the time is right.

Gonna be kinda hard to prove when there is no evidence that he declassified them (other than he says he did). If he actually did declassify them, there would be a record of what was declassified, when it was declassified, and the reason for declassification written by his staff to let everyone else who also held that information know it was declassified so they could take appropriate action with it. You never worked with classified information did you? Me? I did for 20 years as part of my job while in the Navy.

Like I have said before, if Trump actually did declassify something, he would have handed it to one of his staff and said he was declassifying it. That is his right to do as president. Yes, he can declassify anything he wants, BUT, he still has to tell someone as that material is held at other locations, and they need to know it's been declassified as well. No, he doesn't have to jump through hoops or do a lot of paperwork, that is what his staff is for. He says it, they notify everyone that needs to know and do the paperwork for him. Bottom line, if he did it, there would be a record of it being done. And no, Biden would not make the same kind of stupid mistakes that Trump did, as he understands government procedure.
Hasn't yet been determined yet, or has it?

Security is not created by legislation, but by executive order regulations.
And the regulations for the State Department is that you are supposed to use gov servers for all email.
That is 2 fold, to ensure security, and to satisfy FOIA.
Hillary deliberately violated the required procedures, but there was no proof of criminal intent.

Gonna be kinda hard to prove when there is no evidence that he declassified them (other than he says he did). If he actually did declassify them, there would be a record of what was declassified, when it was declassified, and the reason for declassification written by his staff to let everyone else who also held that information know it was declassified so they could take appropriate action with it. You never worked with classified information did you? Me? I did for 20 years as part of my job while in the Navy.

Wrong.
You were part of a security tree beneath the president, established by presidential executive order.
Presidents are above that whole tree, and essentially have nothing to do with it.
To presidents, there is no such thing as "classified documents".
Presidents are not subject to any classified document regulation, so can do what they want with whatever they want.
Whether you want to consider that "declassifying" the docs or you want to consider it conferring infinite security clearance wholesale, does not matter.
The result is the same.
Presidents can and do always ignore any document classification.

Forum List

Back