Why didn't Obama replenish the N95 mask national supply that was depleted after the H1N1 outbreak of 2009 ?

The government seems to have plenty of mask so why did Trump only send 400 masks to NYC which has one of the highest rates
Obviously Trump burned all the masks as soon as he took office.

Does anyone really think Trump, or Obama for that matter, knew how many N95 masks were in the national stockpile? Presidents only know what the incompetent boobs working as career professionals, tells the President.

If people want to know who to be upset with that the FDA had rules in place making it impossible to perform enough tests for COVID-19, be upset with the FDA, and the braniacs in the national health care agencies they work with, who came up with the rule.

If you want to be mad at someone for a lack of PPE or ventilators, be mad at the career federal employees at the CDC who failed us and didn't stock those items. The same goes for your state governments. If your state was not prepared, your state failed you.

Why didn't Obama replenish the N95 mask national supply that was depleted after the H1N1 outbreak of 2009 ?
Because Democrats never thought another outbreak would occur again and aren't concerned with outbreaks that occur in non-democrat years figuring they can just blame it on the GOP administration to their gullible not too bright base?
Congress was in charge. Whny the fuck dikdn't they fund & buy them.

Your fat assed orange piece of shit has been President for 3 fucking years, why didn't he buy them instead of trying to cut CDC funding?

Quit blaming Obama for Trump's ignorance & stupidity.

I'll say it again. Obama had 8 years, PLUS the personal experience of being the president while the 2009 outbreak.

You fucks want to blame EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS CRISIS ON ONE SINGLE MAN, Trump.
The truth is, many people past and present failed us ! On every level of government.

What's funny about you Trump Humpin fucks is you blame everyone else and it is NEVER Trumps fault, unless it is something good that is happening.

Trump had 3 years to get the stock back up, Obama had 8. You do the math.

Anything Obama would have stockpile prior to 2016 would be out of date, assfuck.

The government seems to have plenty of mask so why did Trump only send 400 masks to NYC which has one of the highest rates

Does anyone really think Trump, or Obama for that matter, knew how many N95 masks were in the national stockpile? Presidents only know what the incompetent boobs working as career professionals, tells the President.

If people want to know who to be upset with that the FDA had rules in place making it impossible to perform enough tests for COVID-19, be upset with the FDA, and the braniacs in the national health care agencies they work with, who came up with the rule.

If you want to be mad at someone for a lack of PPE or ventilators, be mad at the career federal employees at the CDC who failed us and didn't stock those items. The same goes for your state governments. If your state was not prepared, your state failed you.

That is why they have advisers and I am sure that one of them was aware of the US stockpiles if no one knows then it starts at the top. Select competent people even if there political preference doesn't match yours. They might even have told him during a briefing but briefing are long and boring. Hard to remember what everyone said. That why you should have an adviser to sort it out for you if you can't grasp it.

How many werer stocked in 2008 & what wewre the numbers in years after that?

Anything Obama would have stockpile prior to 2016 would be out of date
Yes, and they rotate the stockpile, so every year they are replacing a specific precentage of the stock that will expire that year. The trick is not to leave the stockpile in a depleted state, just because the stock will expire sometime.

The stockpile is a controlled atmospheric storage facility. Respirators and surgical masks have a shelf life of five years, and might be extended in the optimum long term storage conditions.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in February or March, when the CDC told Trump
  1. No - we cannot perform enough COVID-19 tests, because we have an FDA rule preventing us from doing that
  2. No - we don’t have enough PPE in the stockpile, because we never restocked any of it after the SARS and H1N1 outbreak
  3. No- we don’t have enough ventilators, we haven’t had enough ventilators, even though we were told about it almost two decades ago.
  4. Oh, but we spent $15 billion telling taxpayers how to eat better, $90 million on taxpayer grants to Chinese researchers, and $106 million on a really nice visitor center decorated with waterfalls and Japanese gardens and a $200,000 fitness center with saunas and zero-gravity chairs.

Because Democrats never thought another outbreak would occur again and aren't concerned with outbreaks that occur in non-democrat years figuring they can just blame it on the GOP administration to their gullible not too bright base?
Congress was in charge. Whny the fuck dikdn't they fund & buy them.

Your fat assed orange piece of shit has been President for 3 fucking years, why didn't he buy them instead of trying to cut CDC funding?

Quit blaming Obama for Trump's ignorance & stupidity.

I'll say it again. Obama had 8 years, PLUS the personal experience of being the president while the 2009 outbreak.

You fucks want to blame EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS CRISIS ON ONE SINGLE MAN, Trump.
The truth is, many people past and present failed us ! On every level of government.

What's funny about you Trump Humpin fucks is you blame everyone else and it is NEVER Trumps fault, unless it is something good that is happening.

So how much did Trump get it up?

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in February or March, when the CDC told Trump
  1. No - we cannot perform enough COVID-19 tests, because we have an FDA rule preventing us from doing that
  2. No - we don’t have enough PPE in the stockpile, because we never restocked any of it after the SARS and H1N1 outbreak
  3. No- we don’t have enough ventilators, we haven’t had enough ventilators, even though we were told about it almost two decades ago.
  4. Oh, but we spent $15 billion telling taxpayers how to eat better, $90 million on taxpayer grants to Chinese researchers, and $106 million on a really nice visitor center decorated with waterfalls and Japanese gardens and a $200,000 fitness center with saunas and zero-gravity chairs.

Did you have any links to back any of that or did you hear that on Hannity or Limpbaugh today.

Did you have any links to back any of that or did you hear that on Hannity or Limpbaugh today.
If you didn't troll, and asked respectfully, I would have provided them, but...

I have the links, to all of that, why don't you? A simple 5 minute Google search should find them all for you.

That is why they have advisers and I am sure that one of them was aware of the US stockpiles if no one knows then it starts at the top. Select competent people even if there political preference doesn't match yours. They might even have told him during a briefing but briefing are long and boring. Hard to remember what everyone said. That why you should have an adviser to sort it out for you if you can't grasp it.
The problems with not having enough PPE or ventilators was an ongoing problem going back almost two decades. It's not Bush's fault, not Obama's fault, and not Trump's fault. The fault lies with the career professionals in the CDC, NIH, HHS, DHS etc... who were running their agencies all throughout those years. I seriously doubt any president was aware that his CDC was not doing their jobs, and as soon as we encountered a real epedemic that they'd fall flat on their faces for not doing their jobs, and not being prepared.

I don't think it's the people it's the system. We are totally hung up on checks and balance, insuring everyone is treated equally, making sure you are following the laws, rules, regulations, and policy of current president because your job depends on it.

Federal career employees are very good at keeping the system running. That's why a president that knows nothing about running the government can hire a bunch people whose only qualification is loyalty and still the wheels of government keep running. If the president and his cabinet disappeared tomorrow, things would run just fine because the career employees will keep the machine running, just don't ask them to change anything.

I don't think it's the people it's the system. We are totally hung up on checks and balance, insuring everyone is treated equally, making sure you are following the laws, rules, regulations, and policy of current president because your job depends on it.

Federal career employees are very good at keeping the system running. That's why a president that knows nothing about running the government can hire a bunch people whose only qualification is loyalty and still the wheels of government keep running. If the president and his cabinet disappeared tomorrow, things would run just fine because the career employees will keep the machine running, just don't ask them to change anything.

well I can understand that because the system is in place. Still if your state has half the death rates in the US that all the rest added together, somebody has to step in and say something. It is suspicious that they only gave 400 with to a state with 75,000 active cases. Then they added 1000 more if I remember correctly after they complained. Is it because it a predominately democrat state? It was this state that went after Trump associates during the Mueller investigation. Coincidence

Still it would seem to me that a smart politician would want to help them when they are in need especially during an election year.

Tramp claimed he replenished the stockpile "many, many times" are you calling him a LIAR???
If not, there goes your bullshit that it was Obama fault Tramp failed to distribute the stockpile to the hospitals!!!!!!

Peter: (30:23)
Mr. President, on the stockpile of supplies for a pandemic, yesterday from the podium you blamed your predecessor, saying that when you arrived as president, you said, “We took over an empty shelf.” You’ve been president now for more than three years. Why didn’t you and your administration fill that shelf?

Donald Trump: (30:38)
Yeah, I did. We did fill it twice. We filled it twice and we’ve been distributing that for literally a year. We’ve been filling it [crosstalk 00:30:46]. That’s a nice question, Peter. Thank you very much. We’ve been filling it out and we’ve been filling that stockpile many, many times. It’s been filled many, many times.

I have the links, to all of that, why don't you? A simple 5 minute Google search should find them all for you.
BULLSHIT!

BULLSHIT!
You are the one whose too ignorant to do the Goggle search. You think your being vulgar towards me will motivate me to hold your hand, by me going thru the trouble of posting links?

I do not suffer fools, especially vulgar trolls. Stay ignorant, this way the little faux bubble you live will stay in tatact.

well I can understand that because the system is in place. Still if your state has half the death rates in the US that all the rest added together, somebody has to step in and say something. It is suspicious that they only gave 400 with to a state with 75,000 active ++
cases. Then they added 1000 mor WAS remember correctly after they complained. Is it because it a predominately democrat state? It was this state that went after Trump associates during the Mueller investigation. Coincidence

Still it would seem to me that a smart politician would want to help them when they are in need especially during an election year.
I agree.
i think there's a problem in the distribution. As I understand it all supplies go to a central warehouse and someone decides who get's what, hopefully based on need. Since ever hospital in every state sees a need, someone has to decide and generally in goverment, that goes up the chain of command.

BULLSHIT!
You are the one whose too ignorant to do the Goggle search. You think your being vulgar towards me will motivate me to hold your hand, by me going thru the trouble of posting links?

I do not suffer fools, especially vulgar trolls. Stay ignorant, this way the little faux bubble you live will stay in tatact.
Thank you for admitting you got NOTHING!!!!!

But of course the left and their media will never do any significant reporting on this.
(hint to our board libs: Trump was not president in 2009, nor 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012, nor 2013, nor 2014, nor 2015, nor 2016)

"the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply."

About this rating
What's True
The U.S. federal stockpile of N95 protective face masks was largely depleted during the 2009 swine flu outbreak and was not restocked.
What's False
However, the Obama administration was not solely responsible for the current shortage of masks. In the intervening years, the stockpile went unreplenished as the Trump administration failed to heed indications that dramatic shortages could occur.
Why didn't Trump replenish the supply? What he did was to disband the pandemic task force that was formed by Obama.

Interesting how in over three years, Trump did not replenish any

Forum List

Back