Why Did Trump Take The Presidential Documents When He Left Office?

What if later someone questions why Trump did something?
If the documents are not retained and accessible, then there would be no way for Trump to prove his version of why he did it.
Someone claiming a different motive would have equal credibility if there was documentation left.

Classified documents are ALWAYS retained as long as they are classified. All he has to do is mention the document, the subject it covered, and they can find it in the classified archives. Like I said, it's readily apparent to even the most casual reader of your posts that you've never spent much time around classified material.

Wrong.
Once Trump has legal access to particular documents, he does not lose that, ever.
He does not need to access the document in order to "know" anything, as in "need to know".
He needs to access documents in order to be able to remind or prove things to others, in order to prevent national catastrophes.

It is perfectly safe and legal to store classified documents in Mara Lago.
Its way safer than where presidents take classified documents when they have to travel.
Probably safer than the White House, since it is more restricted.
No, his access to classified documents and presidential documents ends with the presidency. Every document type as defined in the Presidential Records Act belongs to the American people and the National Achieves becomes the legal custodian at the end of his presidental term. The president can make copies of any documents that are not classified and take them with him when he leaves. He also can request copies from the National Achieves but that takes a lot longer.

If the president takes classified documents with him, he is in violated security acts.

D

V4hjk47dkBjUFW3VdAcsjbjG1NQzKed7yW8CBjuSjIc.jpg

This is totally wrong.

First of all, Fascism was coined the Romans, and it always then can only refer to a coalition between the aristocracy, military, and the Roman priesthood has now been replaced with corporations.
There is NOT "Total State Rule" with Fascism, but instead it is run by the coalition of the wealthy elite.
The wealthy elite control the state, the state controls nothing.
For example, under Hitler and Mussolini, there was not a single government owed or run means of production, at all.

Second is that if you would have ever actually read Marx or Engles, they believe that greed and crime is created by capitalism, so once communism was allowed, then no government coercion would be needed at all, "government would whither away and die", and they clearly were espousing Anarchy, with no coercive government.
And in fact, all natural primitive tribes are all communist and no state rule is at all needed. It comes natural to all people.

It's obvious that you've never spent much time around classified material, as you appear to not know the first thing about it. I know there were lots of things I had to do when I received and processed classified material, and how I had to sign it out, handle it, and return it. Classified material is a pain in the ass. Learned that from over 20 years in the Navy as a Personnelman.

Depends on the level you are at. You obviously were low level, using the documents of others.
I instead created the classified documents, and never had to sign anything in or out.

Why didn't Trump return the documents to NARA when they asked for them in Feb. 2021?
And if he declassed documents, why didn't he stamp them declassified?
None of this makes any sense.
Having Top Secret Documents and Top Secret - Compartmentalize documents in your home is dangerous. This is the kind of stuff people kill to get.
Lastly, why would Trump destroy some of these documents and leave the pieces of them in boxes to be found?

My guess is BECAUSE THEY ARE HIS!

My gosh, what do you retards use for brains!

Really? You might wanna recheck this sentence, as it makes no sense..................

"They do not have to be stamped "declassified" because Trump can still access them if the are not declassified."

If they are not declassified, no, Trump cannot access them as he is no longer president, and no longer has a need to know. In order to be able to access classified documents, not only do you need the required clearance (and I'm sure Trump's was voided after he left the WH, just like everyone who has a clearance has theirs voided when they leave the billet or job that they needed it for), but you also have to have a need to know.

And, I don't care how "safe" Trump's mansion is, it's still not a place that is allowed to store classified documents.
I serious doubt that Mar A Largo meets the requirements for storing Top Secret Containerized documents, safes, cameras, guards, and types of walls.

And why Barack Ovomit illegally took 30 million pages of documents to Chicago when he left???
I hope this helps

August 12, 2022, statement

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.

The day his presidency ends, every document described by the Presidential Records Act belongs to American people and the National Archives is the custodian.

That's a laugh. Obummer still has millions of documents. ALL presidents take their documents.

No, his access to classified documents and presidential documents ends with the presidency. Every document type as defined in the Presidential Records Act belongs to the American people and the National Achieves becomes the legal custodian at the end of his presidental term. The president can make copies of any documents that are not classified and take them with him when he leaves. He also can request copies from the National Achieves but that takes a lot longer.

If the president takes classified documents with him, he is in violated security acts.

Wrong.
Ex-presidents often conduct foreign policy, and they are the repository of first hand information beyond that of any documents, classified or not.
National Archives does not know what is still sensitive or not, so have no way of dealing with classified documents.
Since their mission is to make documents public, then the best they could do is destroy anything sensitive.
But clearly ex-presidents do have the background and expertise to be able to interpret and use these classified documents, and there is no risk, since the ex-president has already read them.
If ex-presidents do not take them with them, then the only alternative is destruction, which is a bad idea.

And if nothing else, Trump has a right to evidence in case there are more bogus cases against him, like the 2 impeachment attempts.

Why didn't Trump return the documents to NARA when they asked for them in Feb. 2021?
And if he declassed documents, why didn't he stamp them declassified?
None of this makes any sense.
Having Top Secret Documents and Top Secret - Compartmentalize documents in your home is dangerous. This is the kind of stuff people kill to get.
Lastly, why would Trump destroy some of these documents and leave the pieces of them in boxes to be found?
Perhaps Trump didn’t pack the documents himself. Does it seem logical that Trump would have the time to pick documents and then pack them in boxes? Presidents are normally busy as hell. Biden is the exception.

Fox News contributor and former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer offered a novel take on why Donald Trump is potentially not culpable for any classified documents he took with him from the White House to his Floridan mansion.

“If President Trump himself did not pack up those boxes. If, as reported, GSA, the General Services Administration, packed up the boxes, then it’s very hard to see culpability for the president,” Fleischer began, making a somewhat plausible point.

Trump is nothing but a fucking hustler who cares only about himself.

He had to know he'd be able to sell the highly classified documents for tons of money. To some highly interested, foreign language speaking, ummm...parties. At some later, safer, sneakier, date.

Of course, all we can do is speculate about trump's motives for keeping valuable classified materials so close at hand. Maybe he just thought they'd be "safer" in his basement. Lol...

Last edited:
I've seen the claim made many times. The claim is not a link to proof. Seems a silly claim is all it takes to convince you. That's how conspiracy theories work.

Links have been posted. Waste your time, not mine.

Wrong.
Once Trump has legal access to particular documents, he does not lose that, ever.
He does not need to access the document in order to "know" anything, as in "need to know".
He needs to access documents in order to be able to remind or prove things to others, in order to prevent national catastrophes.

It is perfectly safe and legal to store classified documents in Mara Lago.
Its way safer than where presidents take classified documents when they have to travel.
Probably safer than the White House, since it is more restricted.
The office of the president of United States has no security clearance because none is needed. Technically, the office of the President is the source of security clearance and classification. As such, the holder of that office has no need for clearance but as holder he has total access. The day the holder of that office is no longer president all security access he had no longer exists. However former presidents are given security access as a curtesy. This usually occur because a former president is asked to confer with the president or top government officials.

Forum List

Back