Why Did Trump Take The Presidential Documents When He Left Office?

You lie!

Shame on you!

Actually, I Googled Flopper's claims, and no, he didn't lie. NARA did ask for the documents, and yes, if they were declassified, they should have been marked as such, as that is the way classified material is supposed to be handled.

Actually, I Googled Flopper's claims, and no, he didn't lie. NARA did ask for the documents, and yes, if they were declassified, they should have been marked as such, as that is the way classified material is supposed to be handled.

Did you Google Fake News Media?

I don't care for Fake News Media. America does not care for Fake News Media.

Why Did Trump Take The Presidential Documents When He Left Office?
Why didn't Trump return the documents to NARA when they asked for them in Feb. 2021?
And if he declassed documents, why didn't he stamp them declassified?
None of this makes any sense.
Having Top Secret Documents and Top Secret - Compartmentalize documents in your home is dangerous. This is the kind of stuff people kill to get.
Lastly, why would Trump destroy some of these documents and leave the pieces of them in boxes to be found?

The documents had value to Trump, for memoirs, souvenirs, evidence, proof, etc.
Classified documents can NOT be accepted by NARA.
The point of the National Archives is to make documents public, which does not include these.
They do not have to be stamped "declassified" because Trump can still access them if the are not declassified.
So there was no point in bothering.

Having top secret documents in a highly secure mansion, inside a highly secure upscale resort, is totally safe.
No body would kill to get what they do not know exists, in such a highly secure environment.
It likely would be easier to steal documents from the White House, where lots of unknown contractors regularly show up.

As to pieces being left, I had not heard of that?

Did you Google Fake News Media?

I don't care for Fake News Media. America does not care for Fake News Media.

I just Googled did NARA ask Trump for documents, and there were several news sources that said they did. Dunno what you consider fake news media, but I'd say if more than 3 or 4 are reporting it, it's more than likely at least mostly true.

The point of the National Archives is to make documents public, which does not include these.
They do not have to be stamped "declassified" because Trump can still access them if the are not declassified.

Having top secret documents in a highly secure mansion, inside a highly secure upscale resort, is totally safe.
No body would kill to get what they do not know exists, in such a highly secure environment.
It likely would be easier to steal documents from the White House, where lots of unknown contractors regularly show up.

Trump is no longer president, and no longer has access to classified papers. He did as president, but not now.

Really? You might wanna recheck this sentence, as it makes no sense..................

"They do not have to be stamped "declassified" because Trump can still access them if the are not declassified."

If they are not declassified, no, Trump cannot access them as he is no longer president, and no longer has a need to know. In order to be able to access classified documents, not only do you need the required clearance (and I'm sure Trump's was voided after he left the WH, just like everyone who has a clearance has theirs voided when they leave the billet or job that they needed it for), but you also have to have a need to know.

And, I don't care how "safe" Trump's mansion is, it's still not a place that is allowed to store classified documents.

That certain sounds plausible when you consider what was going on in the days and weeks before the Biden inauguration. After Jan 6, Trump staff members were resigning, failing to show up at work. Trump was telling his people we going no where and the NARA was going around trying to find all the documents. The place had to be mad house.

However, it that was case, then why didn't Trump give this stuff to the NARA in Feb 2021 when they asked for it. He could have told them that we got some of wrong boxes and that would have been the end of it.

I think the problem came about because Trump ignored the requests from the NARA and when they ship boxes and told that's all it, the NARA knew that was not correct. Then they discovered that Trump still had classified documents. That is when the NARA turned the problem over to DOJ.

Because the whole point of the National Archives is to make documents accessible to the public, and they typically only accept about 3% of the documents, and destroy the rest.
So no one wants that to happen to anything important.
Nothing classified could be given to NARA.

Because the whole point of the National Archives is to make documents accessible to the public, and they typically only accept about 3% of the documents, and destroy the rest.
So no one wants that to happen to anything important.
Nothing classified could be given to NARA.

Did you even pay attention to what you wrote? If they destroy documents that are classified, then yes, they do receive classified documents.

Really? You might wanna recheck this sentence, as it makes no sense..................

"They do not have to be stamped "declassified" because Trump can still access them if the are not declassified."

If they are not declassified, no, Trump cannot access them as he is no longer president, and no longer has a need to know. In order to be able to access classified documents, not only do you need the required clearance (and I'm sure Trump's was voided after he left the WH, just like everyone who has a clearance has theirs voided when they leave the billet or job that they needed it for), but you also have to have a need to know.

And, I don't care how "safe" Trump's mansion is, it's still not a place that is allowed to store classified documents.

Wrong.
Once Trump has legal access to particular documents, he does not lose that, ever.
He does not need to access the document in order to "know" anything, as in "need to know".
He needs to access documents in order to be able to remind or prove things to others, in order to prevent national catastrophes.

It is perfectly safe and legal to store classified documents in Mara Lago.
Its way safer than where presidents take classified documents when they have to travel.
Probably safer than the White House, since it is more restricted.

WitchHunt.jpg

Did you even pay attention to what you wrote? If they destroy documents that are classified, then yes, they do receive classified documents.

They do receive classified documents by mistake, but that is not an appropriate thing to do if you want to save the documents for later use.

You win the prize. Best explanation I have heard. This what Trump has done most his life. He thumbs his nose a laws and regulations and does as he please leaving it his lawyers to deal with the aftermath.
He declassified the documents the day before he left office.

Wrong.
Once Trump has legal access to particular documents, he does not lose that, ever.
He does not need to access the document in order to "know" anything, as in "need to know".
He needs to access documents in order to be able to remind or prove things to others, in order to prevent national catastrophes.

It is perfectly safe and legal to store classified documents in Mara Lago.
Its way safer than where presidents take classified documents when they have to travel.
Probably safer than the White House, since it is more restricted.

It's obvious that you've never spent much time around classified material, as you appear to not know the first thing about it. I know there were lots of things I had to do when I received and processed classified material, and how I had to sign it out, handle it, and return it. Classified material is a pain in the ass. Learned that from over 20 years in the Navy as a Personnelman.

I don't see how his lack of faith plays into it.

What if later someone questions why Trump did something?
If the documents are not retained and accessible, then there would be no way for Trump to prove his version of why he did it.
Someone claiming a different motive would have equal credibility if there was documentation left.

Forum List

Back