Why did Obama pick Kagen? It's simple SHE IS JEWISH!!!

I wish she had some experience as a judge first, too, but look how many really crappy Supreme Court justices we have had who were judges first. I think other considerations are more important than that; i.e. a thorough understanding of the letter and intent of the Constitution, a proven ability to assess a situation accurately and honestly, and an ability to set aside one's personal ideology and convictions in favor of a strict interpretation of the law. I am not hearing anybody with credibility say that Kagal does not fit that job description.

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist had no judicial experience and several others barely had judicial experience at the time they were nominated.

Again, would Kagal have been my first choice? No. But considering that the most liberal President that has ever held the office has the duty to nominate somebody, again, I think he could have done a whole lot worse.

See? Now this is why I enjoy FoxFyre's posts so much. While we may disagree, there's always a careful consideration of the issue at hand without a knee-jerk reaction following the talking points.

Of course I'll have to disagree with the implication of the last sentence, but that's par for the course.

Last edited:
{atheist, but still Jewish)

impossible by definition
True, but I still self-identify as a Jewish, even though I am an atheist.

So you admit you're an idiot. That explains this:

The race baiting Democrats will cry antisemitism... I probably would have been biased against any Jew selected, since they are usually overtly liberal and fall within open-border, pro-big government, pro-evironmental nazis and pro-entitlements!
:eusa_whistle:
I didn't call any Jews Nazis. I referred to the radical environmentalist as pro-environmental Nazis.[/quote]

there have been many on the scotus without ever sitting on the bench

FindLaw Supreme Court Center: Supreme Court: Justices Without Prior Judicial Experience

Not in 4 decades dumb ass! Not to mention times change. You used to not need school or pass a bar to be a lawyer! Does that mean we should eliminate both?

:rofl:

what a weak ass argument in light of insurmountable evidence.

to think you are now a lawyer too. oyvay.

Kiss my ass!

Eh, Obama didn't actually pick her. He was instructed to nominate her by Rahm.

obama-puppet1.jpg

You couldn't be further off the mark by implying that Rahm calls the shots, or haven't you heard the rumblings that he won't be around by 2012?

Obama is not a one man show. There are plenty of people assisting him in which shots to call. I despise this administration, not Obama. He is just their mouthpiece.

I know that. The position of Chief of Staff is to act as liaison between the Oval Office and the legislative branch, for which Rahm Emanuel was a perfect fit because he knew how the inside game was played better than anyone. But as events unfolded and reality took hold, he failed to make a dent in his job at brokering deals among the lawmakers, as the Repubicans continued to try to obstruct everything the administration tried to do, liberal Democrats went one way and the Blue Dogs the other. Obama needed a smooth-talker in that position, not someone constantly nipping at heels.

I'm predicting after the November election results, Rahm Emanuel will resign, as well as Larry Summers and Tim Geitner. Elizabeth Warren should be a contender for either of those positions.

I'm a Zionist Jew (atheist, but still Jewish) so I think I can speak honestly and freely on the subject.

With all the slack Obama has taken from the the American Jewish and non-Jewish supporters of Israel over his treatment or hard stance on Israel. He decided to make another political nomination and nominate a Jewish women. Just as he wanted to placate the Latinos by nominating a Latina, he did the same for the Jews. It pathetic.

He purposely picked an unqualified Jew, just as he picked a racist and overtly impartial biased Latina. That way the Republicans with JUSTIFIABLY and RIGHTFULLY bitch. The race baiting Democrats will cry antisemitism and the Jews who were thinking of living the Democrats will come back. The man has made a mockery of the Supreme Court election process and the liberals will defend him to the end.

Note: I probably would have been biased against any Jew selected, since they are usually overtly liberal and fall within open-border, pro-big government, pro-evironmental nazis and pro-entitlements!

GHook,

* No one reading your posts believes you're a Jew.

* How the fuck do you know Kagen's religion? Seen her in Temple yourself? Maybe she's a Scientologist.

* Supreme Court Justices are NOT elected, you ignorant fuckwhit. They are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

* From your assessment of Sotomayer as a "sop to the Latino voters" rather than a qualified jurist, I presume only WASP men are worthy of consideration in your view? That sound you hear is the air draining from your Bomb Shelter...crawl back into the 1950's and watch more "Father Knows Best", fucktwat. Leave Reality to the rest of us. And try to remember to take your meds....you need them.

* American Jews are not sheeple who will wander back to drink more Obama kool aid merely because he nominates a Jew for the Supreme Court. In fact Jews sometimes disagree with OTHER Jews. They are anything but single-issue voters. They actually think for themselves.

* Kagen might well be unqualified, but if she is it is not because she has a **** or hangs a mezzuzah on her doorway.

Mezuzah.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a Zionist Jew (atheist, but still Jewish) so I think I can speak honestly and freely on the subject.

With all the slack Obama has taken from the the American Jewish and non-Jewish supporters of Israel over his treatment or hard stance on Israel. He decided to make another political nomination and nominate a Jewish women. Just as he wanted to placate the Latinos by nominating a Latina, he did the same for the Jews. It pathetic.

He purposely picked an unqualified Jew, just as he picked a racist and overtly impartial biased Latina. That way the Republicans with JUSTIFIABLY and RIGHTFULLY bitch. The race baiting Democrats will cry antisemitism and the Jews who were thinking of living the Democrats will come back. The man has made a mockery of the Supreme Court election process and the liberals will defend him to the end.

Note: I probably would have been biased against any Jew selected, since they are usually overtly liberal and fall within open-border, pro-big government, pro-evironmental nazis and pro-entitlements!

Obama has lost 50% of the Jewish vote according to many polls.........unheard of in modern times for any Dem to lose that many Jewish votes. Could also be an effort to draw some of them back for November..................

Obama has lost 50% of the Jewish vote according to many polls.........unheard of in modern times for any Dem to lose that many Jewish votes. Could also be an effort to draw some of them back for November..................

Wow, there's a load of unadulterated horse-hockey.

Notice the lack of any supporting evidence for this wild claim whatsoever.

Regardless of your religion, who the FUCK thinks it's best for the US to undercut Israel on the eve of IRAN getting the A-Bomb?

All those who believe we're safer if no one stands in Iran's way raise your hand.

All those who think anyone is better poised to stop Iran than Israel, raise your hands.

It used to be the US protected Israel because Israel needed America. But now, America needs to be protecting Israel so Israel can protect US. And THIS moment in history is the time when Obama thinks it would be best to cut the floor from beneath Israeli intelligence and military?

Who would look after Americans then? Saudi Arabia?

Obama may or may not be an anti-semite -- but he's certainly not played nearly enough games of "WAR". He seems to be unable to think even one move ahead and he scares me pissless on this.

Last edited:
her time on the USSC could be uncomfortable to say the least. She is an ideologue instead of a law purist. She is a political hack, who always gets "the Law" wrong.
Case in point: CNSNews.com - Chief Justice Roberts: Kagan Asked Court to 'Embrace Theory of First Amendment That Would Allow Censorship Not Only of Radio and Television Broadcasts, But Pamphlets and Posters'

I hope she loses. We need legal scholars on the court, not hacks.
She's a former Dean of Harvard Law School. That sounds like a scholar to me.
It's interesting to see a Con suddenly in support of intellectualism.

her time on the USSC could be uncomfortable to say the least. She is an ideologue instead of a law purist. She is a political hack, who always gets "the Law" wrong.
Case in point: CNSNews.com - Chief Justice Roberts: Kagan Asked Court to 'Embrace Theory of First Amendment That Would Allow Censorship Not Only of Radio and Television Broadcasts, But Pamphlets and Posters'

I hope she loses. We need legal scholars on the court, not hacks.
She's a former Dean of Harvard Law School. That sounds like a scholar to me.
It's interesting to see a Con suddenly in support of intellectualism.

WTF are you talking about?! GOPs are smarter than dems. You're obviously drinking way too much leftist cool-aid. We simply prefer to include "common sense" in the solution instead of ideological purity.

Some "critical thinking" the dems seems to lack could be described as:
1. dem politicians want illegals in to get more illegal votes
2. dem workers wonder why they have low wages and lousy benefits
3. dem pols say its because of greedy conservatives (and the workers believe it)

Just because someone is a "dean" doesn't mean that they qualify for the USSC. Obama is proving that he just doesn't get the legal scholar thing. Kagan will be a defenseless justice, with no legal background to debate the others.

Yeah, eaglebeak, she is as qualified as Roberts, more than Alito, and you just got your feather plucked again.

BHO picked her because she is qualified. End of story.

I have been defending Kagan and will continue to do so against those who are accusing her unfairly and without foundation.

But I have no illusions as to why he picked her.

- She is an avid Obama supporter
- She is tied to the Chicago machine which makes her a darling of key staffers
- She has no glaring controversial history or a serious paper trail to complicate the confirmation process; thus another bruising political fight is unlikely
- She is sufficiently liberal to pass muster with most of the left but not so liberal as to give a lot of justification for serious criticism of her.

And yes, she is qualified which she must be to pass the confirmation process, but I don't think for a minute that is why he chose her. I think that was way down on his list of priorities for a nominee this time.

Nothing new.

Attachments

• $obama-wailing-wall1.jpg
    $obama-wailing-wall1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 62
  • $bill-clinton-yarmulke-synagogue.jpg
    $bill-clinton-yarmulke-synagogue.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 65
  • $bushblairwearingskullcaps.jpg
    $bushblairwearingskullcaps.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Yep, that sounds pretty simple minded to me..

* No one reading your posts believes you're a Jew.
OK, I guess you haven't read any of my posts on the I/P conflict, I bet Shogun and Kalam would disagree.

* How the fuck do you know Kagen's religion? Seen her in Temple yourself? Maybe she's a Scientologist.
Well its pretty well known! Jillian brought my attention to this fact.

* Supreme Court Justices are NOT elected, you ignorant fuckwhit. They are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.
Did I say Supreme court Justices are elected? :confused:
I did say many State lower court justices are and that might have been a better starting point!

* From your assessment of Sotomayer as a "sop to the Latino voters" rather than a qualified jurist, I presume only WASP men are worthy of consideration in your view? That sound you hear is the air draining from your Bomb Shelter...crawl back into the 1950's and watch more "Father Knows Best", fucktwat. Leave Reality to the rest of us. And try to remember to take your meds....you need them.
Nope I'm a fan of Thomas! :lol:
Sotomayor has been discussed. I would have a problem with a member of the KKK joining the bench therefore I have a problem with a member of La Raza (the Race) joining the bench.

* American Jews are not sheeple who will wander back to drink more Obama kool aid merely because he nominates a Jew for the Supreme Court. In fact Jews sometimes disagree with OTHER Jews. They are anything but single-issue voters. They actually think for themselves.
Your wrong, Jews never left him! You should hear my father and father-in-law speak, both are self made millionaires, they still think Obama walks on water.

* Kagen might well be unqualified, but if she is it is not because she has a **** or hangs a mezzuzah on her doorway.
Nice twist on words!

New Topics

Forum List

Back