‘Why did my friend get blown up? For what?’: Afghanistan war veterans horrified by Taliban gains

You're right that if we wanted to we could have turned the Middle East into a glass crater. It'd be real awkward trying to call ourselves the good guys after that, though.
Being a Good Guy to Bad People Is Nothing to Be Proud Of

Why should we care what Nazislami savages think of us? The truth is our refusal to show them no mercy makes them think we're pushovers they can eventually conquer.

What is it with you and dildos?
are you that fucking retarded, that you forgot what you typed in post #11?....i'm just implying you would enjoy it it more than any1 else....get your TRUMP pic out!!!!!

So it seems that our war veterans feel the Fucktard is throwing their sacrifices away....

‘Why did my friend get blown up? For what?’: Afghanistan war veterans horrified by Taliban gains​

After enlisting in the U.S. military against his family’s wishes, Chicago native Tom Amenta said he found himself in “middle-of-nowhere,” Afghanistan, in 2002 as an Army ranger in a remote area some 15 minutes from the border with Pakistan. He was fighting the initial battles of a war that few knew would stretch on for 20 years.

Now 40 and retired from the military, he felt anger foam inside as he watched the evening news on Thursday while on a work trip to Pennsylvania.

Headline after headline broadcast the latest gains by Taliban fighters, who have seized control of more than a dozen of the country’s provincial capitals as the Afghan government inches closer to collapse in the final days of the U.S. withdrawal. He was riveted in horror by news of fighters committing suspected war crimes against civilians or Afghan troops.

Friends who had been killed there came to mind, including NFL star Pat Tillman. Fond memories of former Afghan colleagues, such as interpreters, who remained in the country and whose fates he didn’t know, also resurfaced.

“It makes me angry, really angry,” Amenta said of the U.S. withdrawal, lamenting the billions upon billions of dollars spent on the war effort. Not to mention the emotional, financial and human toll suffered by thousands of Americans who served or had sent their loved ones to fight in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan “has never had a clean solution. But now that it’s gotten hard, we’re just going to bounce? It doesn’t make it right,” he said in a phone interview.

Amenta is one of many veterans across the world voicing frustration over the Taliban’s faster-than-expected comeback, reflecting how deeply the conflict resonates throughout the world. Around four dozen countries have sent troops in support of the United States, which with 2,300 killed while serving, has spilled the most amount of blood in the war excluding Afghanistan itself.

Taliban fighters capture Kandahar, Herat and Lashkar Gah in sweeping territorial gains
Amenta recounted memories of Jay A. Blessing of Tacoma, Wash., a goofy friend and fellow Army ranger who used to put hot sauce on everything: “I mean, literally everything. He put hot sauce on ice cream.” Blessing was killed by an improvised bomb in 2003 in Asadabad, Afghanistan.

“I mean, why did my friend get blown up? For what?” said Amenta, who has recently spoken to nearly six dozen veterans from the post-9/11 wars to write a book that’s to be released next month.

n the United Kingdom, where at least 455 British lives were lost over the course of the war, Foreign Affairs Select Committee Chair Tom Tugendhat, who served in Afghanistan, tweeted: “If you think I’m taking the news from Afghanistan badly and personally, you’re right.”

Tugendhat said the withdrawal was “wasteful and unnecessary.” He said, “I’ve seen what it costs and what sacrifices are being thrown away.”

Tugendhat, in a BBC interview, said that withdrawing coalition support in the country had left its government exposed and weak. “We’ve pulled the rug from under them,” he said. “We’ve taken away their air support, we’ve taken away their logistics and we’ve said, ‘Go on then, let’s see how you do.’ ”

Speaking from his home in Tucson, Army veteran John Whalen sighed as reports came in that Kandahar, the second-largest Afghan city, had fallen to the Taliban.

“It’s just frustrating,” Whalen said over the phone. “We knew that this would happen. Now, all the people who went and served, are like, ‘Why did my friend die?’ ”

“I ask that question, too,” Whalen said.
How many generations should get blown up?

So it seems that our war veterans feel the Fucktard is throwing their sacrifices away....

‘Why did my friend get blown up? For what?’: Afghanistan war veterans horrified by Taliban gains​

After enlisting in the U.S. military against his family’s wishes, Chicago native Tom Amenta said he found himself in “middle-of-nowhere,” Afghanistan, in 2002 as an Army ranger in a remote area some 15 minutes from the border with Pakistan. He was fighting the initial battles of a war that few knew would stretch on for 20 years.

Now 40 and retired from the military, he felt anger foam inside as he watched the evening news on Thursday while on a work trip to Pennsylvania.

Headline after headline broadcast the latest gains by Taliban fighters, who have seized control of more than a dozen of the country’s provincial capitals as the Afghan government inches closer to collapse in the final days of the U.S. withdrawal. He was riveted in horror by news of fighters committing suspected war crimes against civilians or Afghan troops.

Friends who had been killed there came to mind, including NFL star Pat Tillman. Fond memories of former Afghan colleagues, such as interpreters, who remained in the country and whose fates he didn’t know, also resurfaced.

“It makes me angry, really angry,” Amenta said of the U.S. withdrawal, lamenting the billions upon billions of dollars spent on the war effort. Not to mention the emotional, financial and human toll suffered by thousands of Americans who served or had sent their loved ones to fight in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan “has never had a clean solution. But now that it’s gotten hard, we’re just going to bounce? It doesn’t make it right,” he said in a phone interview.

Amenta is one of many veterans across the world voicing frustration over the Taliban’s faster-than-expected comeback, reflecting how deeply the conflict resonates throughout the world. Around four dozen countries have sent troops in support of the United States, which with 2,300 killed while serving, has spilled the most amount of blood in the war excluding Afghanistan itself.

Taliban fighters capture Kandahar, Herat and Lashkar Gah in sweeping territorial gains
Amenta recounted memories of Jay A. Blessing of Tacoma, Wash., a goofy friend and fellow Army ranger who used to put hot sauce on everything: “I mean, literally everything. He put hot sauce on ice cream.” Blessing was killed by an improvised bomb in 2003 in Asadabad, Afghanistan.

“I mean, why did my friend get blown up? For what?” said Amenta, who has recently spoken to nearly six dozen veterans from the post-9/11 wars to write a book that’s to be released next month.

n the United Kingdom, where at least 455 British lives were lost over the course of the war, Foreign Affairs Select Committee Chair Tom Tugendhat, who served in Afghanistan, tweeted: “If you think I’m taking the news from Afghanistan badly and personally, you’re right.”

Tugendhat said the withdrawal was “wasteful and unnecessary.” He said, “I’ve seen what it costs and what sacrifices are being thrown away.”

Tugendhat, in a BBC interview, said that withdrawing coalition support in the country had left its government exposed and weak. “We’ve pulled the rug from under them,” he said. “We’ve taken away their air support, we’ve taken away their logistics and we’ve said, ‘Go on then, let’s see how you do.’ ”

Speaking from his home in Tucson, Army veteran John Whalen sighed as reports came in that Kandahar, the second-largest Afghan city, had fallen to the Taliban.

“It’s just frustrating,” Whalen said over the phone. “We knew that this would happen. Now, all the people who went and served, are like, ‘Why did my friend die?’ ”

“I ask that question, too,” Whalen said.
The only good news to give him is with us leaving ... he will have no additional friends, blown up there. :(

hat's the only way. All of the laws of armed conflict, and all that BS just prolongs the war, and permits your enemy the ability to sit in and plan....and plan.
Exactly.

A Combat Veteran and self-defense expert I used to know quite well once told me….

“If there are rules, you’re playing a game not in a fight. Fights don’t have but one rule… WIN!! By whatever means are necessary.”

are you that fucking retarded, that you forgot what you typed in post #11?....i'm just implying you would enjoy it it more than any1 else....get your TRUMP pic out!!!!!
Youre either retarded or or stupid. I said nothing about dildos in post #11 but you always want to bring them up. Why?

The only good news to give him is with us leaving ... he will have no additional friends, blown up there. :(
But the bad news is the fact that Biden made the sacrifices (that HE voted for) moot within a matter of months....

Kandahar has already fallen, Kabul is next, and we are having to send more troops just to rescue our people from the embassy....

And this is after we pretty much had the country pacified, and casualties at a very low level....

Should we send Hunter a big rock of crack cocaine and a box of crayons, and see if the Taliban will trade the country for one of his imitations of a third-grader's doodling, or just chalk the situation up to another of the drooling Fucktard's screw-ups????

You seem to not understand why the war as we fought it was unwinnable. There is no organized, uniformed threat to fight in the Middle East. They hide, hit and run in very loosely organized groups, and new groups form all the time as new people are recruited. You can't kill an idea like that. It's not an army. It's just pissed off people. You would have to commit genocide to end all extremism in the Middle East.
The Neanderthal Didn't Die Out; They Were Killed Off

So what? Some genos need to be cided. It is the iron law of evolution. If they get in the way like they have been doing because of our decadent rulers, the backwardly evolved have to be eliminated or the advanced races species will be dragged into their pit.

So what? Some genos need to be cided. It is the iron law of evolution. If they get in the way like they have been doing because of our decadent rulers, the backwardly evolved have to be eliminated or the advanced races species will be dragged into their pit.
You saw it here.

Conservatives supporting the genocide of the Middle East.

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."

You cant kill off the enemy. You have to have something that will keep your own from fighting among themselves. Patriotism, merica, and all that other apple pie flag shit
Yes you can kill off the enemy. It’s not easy but it can be done.

As for troubles inside our own ranks… that’s what proper training, discipline, and a brutal code of military justice are for.

There are no other species. You must be retarded.

Thats all bullshit. If two countries go to war the prez of both countries should battle to the death.
I'm all for sending Biden over for that, since he voted for the war...

But unfortunately it appears that all the drooling idiot is good for is getting lost or sniffing little girls!!!

But the bad news is the fact that Biden made the sacrifices (that HE voted for) moot within a matter of months....

Kandahar has already fallen, Kabul is next, and we are having to send more troops just to rescue our people from the embassy....

And this is after we pretty much had the country pacified, and casualties at a very low level....

Should we send Hunter a big rock of crack cocaine and a box of crayons, and see if the Taliban will trade the country for one of his imitations of a third-grader's doodling, or just chalk the situation up to another of the drooling Fucktard's screw-ups????
Yes, it ain't going smoothly, at all....

It is one of the reasons no president in the past 20 years has had the courage to leave...though President Trump had it scheduled to leave there in December 2021....so Trump was going to do so too, but didn't get the chance.

Forum List

Back