Why did God let coronavirus happen?

How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? Doesn’t he care that innocent people are suffering and dying? It seems unjust. If God exists, isn't he strong enough to stop this madness?

I once was quite skeptical about faith matters and did not accept these ideas right away. It took time, interaction, reflection, and analysis. But exposure to this reasoning was a necessary start. Maybe this can get you thinking.

Stay safe. And inquisitive

God created us in his image with all his ability, it is up to us to learn to use it wisely
Is this kid made in god's image?
View attachment 393675

Yes. And you have not any right to deny this, criminal.
But I'd like to know why god would put a kid through that and make them that way? It's Hitlerian, don't you think?
So you want to define God through exception? How about all the good? How do you explain that?

Doesn't the good vastly outweigh the bad?
Sure, there is a lot of good in the world, but if I'm god, I'm not making any deformed... babies. So why does god?
You are dodging the question. I'm using your logic. If the small percentage of handicapped babies means God is mean, then what do the vastly larger percentage of healthy babies say about God?
It says that he likes to pretend that he's nice, but feels the need to be extremely cruel. It's not the amounts, it's the deeds.
No, Taz. That's an unbalanced view. You have rationalized your choice for not having a relationship with God.

The deformed babies that come out of the womb are on god.

Most deformities are natural. How do you explain that?

How do you explain it?

If god exists, then it's on god. If no god, then something like random mutation? I'm not a scientist, maybe they describe it another way...

So if God exists God wouldn't be good and benevolent?

Not sure if you can be on one hand, good and benevolent, and on the other hand, worse than Mengele.

Are you always good? If not, how can that be?

I would never in my wildest fucking dreams ever even contemplate making deformed... babies.

Still dodging the question. Let's say that you are good 99% of the time but 1% of the time you are mean. Does the 1% of the time that you are mean mean that you are mean?

So, God's not perfect, but he's trying?

No. Not saying that. Why do your require everything to be perfect for God to exist? Doesn't make sense.

God can exist and make fucked up things, I simply want to know why god fucks up like that? On purpose? YIKES!

How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? Doesn’t he care that innocent people are suffering and dying? It seems unjust. If God exists, isn't he strong enough to stop this madness?

I once was quite skeptical about faith matters and did not accept these ideas right away. It took time, interaction, reflection, and analysis. But exposure to this reasoning was a necessary start. Maybe this can get you thinking.

God created us in his image with all his ability, it is up to us to learn to use it wisely
View attachment 393675

But I'd like to know why god would put a kid through that and make them that way? It's Hitlerian, don't you think?
So you want to define God through exception? How about all the good? How do you explain that?

Sure, there is a lot of good in the world, but if I'm god, I'm not making any deformed... babies. So why does god?
You are dodging the question. I'm using your logic. If the small percentage of handicapped babies means God is mean, then what do the vastly larger percentage of healthy babies say about God?
It says that he likes to pretend that he's nice, but feels the need to be extremely cruel. It's not the amounts, it's the deeds.
No, Taz. That's an unbalanced view. You have rationalized your choice for not having a relationship with God.
I can't have a relationship with someone who purposely deforms babies. I would be condoning the acts.

Why are you blaming God for something perpetrated by your fellow atheists? The CCP is to blame.

The deformed babies that come out of the womb are on god.

Most deformities are natural. How do you explain that?

How do you explain it?

If god exists, then it's on god. If no god, then something like random mutation? I'm not a scientist, maybe they describe it another way...

So if God exists God wouldn't be good and benevolent?

Not sure if you can be on one hand, good and benevolent, and on the other hand, worse than Mengele.

Are you always good? If not, how can that be?

I would never in my wildest fucking dreams ever even contemplate making deformed... babies.

Still dodging the question. Let's say that you are good 99% of the time but 1% of the time you are mean. Does the 1% of the time that you are mean mean that you are mean?

So, God's not perfect, but he's trying?

No. Not saying that. Why do your require everything to be perfect for God to exist? Doesn't make sense.

God can exist and make fucked up things, I simply want to know why god fucks up like that? On purpose? YIKES!

And I have answered that question lots of times for you. What did I tell you the last time?

View attachment 393675

I can't have a relationship with someone who purposely deforms babies. I would be condoning the acts.
He doesn't, Taz. And you don't believe He does because you don't believe He exists.

View attachment 393675

He doesn’t but that’s your choice, Taz.
If god made the universe and all the rules in it, then he set the conditions for deformed... babies. He didn't have to set the conditions like that. For example, god set the conditions so you don't see 3 headed people... He can set the rules how he wants, and he wants deformed... babies.

View attachment 393675

He doesn't, Taz. And you don't believe He does because you don't believe He exists.
If god made the universe and all the rules in it, then he set the conditions for deformed... babies. He didn't have to set the conditions like that. For example, god set the conditions so you don't see 3 headed people... He can set the rules how he wants, and he wants deformed... babies.
You don't believe He does because you don't believe He exists.

View attachment 393675

If he exists, then he does it. If he doesn't exist, then it's something else. See how agnosticism works? :biggrin:

View attachment 393675

If he exists, then he does it. If he doesn't exist, then it's something else. See how agnosticism works? :biggrin:
You aren't agnostic. You are an atheist playing games. You are no different than hobelim or breezewood. I feel sorry for you.

• Funny
Reactions: Taz

Excuse me? - I thought it was man, fucking about with both live & dead (including some protected species) animals, all in close proximity, in so called 'wet markets' in the far east that is responsible for Corona, SARS, and MERS (to name just a few) epidemics.
You would think man would learn from his mistakes.
Fail to see what God has to do with it.

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.
This is how she gets herself off.

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

No idea what this sentence means. The theodicy is not an unknown problem since the Christian philosopher Lacantius (250-317 AD) attribuated this logical problem to Epicurus (the philosopher of happiness).

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

No idea what this sentence means. The theodicy is not an unknown problem since the Christian philosopher Lacantius (250-317 AD) attribuated this logical problem to Epicurus (the philosopher of happiness).
Taz couldn't care less about that. This is a game to Taz. Playing the game is how Taz gets enjoyment.

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

Taz couldn't care less about that. This is a game to Taz. Playing the game is how Taz gets enjoyment.
You’re just mad because I think your answer is stupid.

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

no comment

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

You’re just mad because I think your answer is stupid.
You get off on playing your game. You have a disorder.

View attachment 393675

If you think so, Hitler.

no comment
Now do you understand what it meant when I said this is how she gets off?

Forum List

Back