Why did God let coronavirus happen?

The deformed babies that come out of the womb are on god.

Most deformities are natural. How do you explain that?

How do you explain it?

If god exists, then it's on god. If no god, then something like random mutation? I'm not a scientist, maybe they describe it another way...

So if God exists God wouldn't be good and benevolent?

Not sure if you can be on one hand, good and benevolent, and on the other hand, worse than Mengele.

I'm asking you to explain the good. Can you do it? Why is there good if there is an unkind and mean God?

How do you explain it?

If god exists, then it's on god. If no god, then something like random mutation? I'm not a scientist, maybe they describe it another way...

Not sure if you can be on one hand, good and benevolent, and on the other hand, worse than Mengele.

Are you always good? If not, how can that be?

How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? Doesn’t he care that innocent people are suffering and dying? It seems unjust. If God exists, isn't he strong enough to stop this madness?

I once was quite skeptical about faith matters and did not accept these ideas right away. It took time, interaction, reflection, and analysis. But exposure to this reasoning was a necessary start. Maybe this can get you thinking.

Stay safe. And inquisitive

God created us in his image with all his ability, it is up to us to learn to use it wisely
Is this kid made in god's image?
View attachment 393675

Yes. And you have not any right to deny this, criminal.
But I'd like to know why god would put a kid through that and make them that way? It's Hitlerian, don't you think?
So you want to define God through exception? How about all the good? How do you explain that?

Doesn't the good vastly outweigh the bad?
Sure, there is a lot of good in the world, but if I'm god, I'm not making any deformed... babies. So why does god?

How do you explain it?

I'm asking you to explain the good. Can you do it? Why is there good if there is an unkind and mean God?

God's dishing out both the good and the extremely cruel. Why?

How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? Doesn’t he care that innocent people are suffering and dying? It seems unjust. If God exists, isn't he strong enough to stop this madness?

I once was quite skeptical about faith matters and did not accept these ideas right away. It took time, interaction, reflection, and analysis. But exposure to this reasoning was a necessary start. Maybe this can get you thinking.

God created us in his image with all his ability, it is up to us to learn to use it wisely
View attachment 393675

But I'd like to know why god would put a kid through that and make them that way? It's Hitlerian, don't you think?
So you want to define God through exception? How about all the good? How do you explain that?

Sure, there is a lot of good in the world, but if I'm god, I'm not making any deformed... babies. So why does god?
You are dodging the question. I'm using your logic. If the small percentage of handicapped babies means God is mean, then what do the vastly larger percentage of healthy babies say about God?

How do you explain it?

I would never in my wildest fucking dreams ever even contemplate making deformed... babies.

How do you explain it?

Not asking you that. Right now I am trying to get you to tell me what it says about God for the vastly larger percentage of healthy babies he allows. Can you answer that question?

View attachment 393675

You are dodging the question. I'm using your logic. If the small percentage of handicapped babies means God is mean, then what do the vastly larger percentage of healthy babies say about God?
It says that he likes to pretend that he's nice, but feels the need to be extremely cruel. It's not the amounts, it's the deeds.

How do you explain it?

I would never in my wildest fucking dreams ever even contemplate making deformed... babies.

Still dodging the question. Let's say that you are good 99% of the time but 1% of the time you are mean. Does the 1% of the time that you are mean mean that you are mean?

How do you explain it?

Still dodging the question. Let's say that you are good 99% of the time but 1% of the time you are mean. Does the 1% of the time that you are mean mean that you are mean?

So, God's not perfect, but he's trying?

How do you explain it?

Not asking you that. Right now I am trying to get you to tell me what it says about God for the vastly larger percentage of healthy babies he allows. Can you answer that question?

That's like saying, I'm nice to 97% of the women, but those last 3 percent, man, do I fuck them up or what? You'd still be the worst criminal in history.

How do you explain it?

No. Not saying that. Why do your require everything to be perfect for God to exist? Doesn't make sense.

How do you explain it?

That's like saying, I'm nice to 97% of the women, but those last 3 percent, man, do I fuck them up or what? You'd still be the worst criminal in history.

So you are bad because you aren't good all the time. Got it. I actually agree with you. :lol:

How do you explain it?

No. Not saying that. Why do your require everything to be perfect for God to exist? Doesn't make sense.

I agree. But most religious folks claim their god is perfect. You seem to be saying something else.

How do you explain it?

I've answered this question of yours a hundred times. What did I tell you the last time?

Last edited:

How do you explain it?

I agree. But most religious folks claim their god is perfect. Yours seem to be saying something else.

I don't believe you understand what that means to be honest if you believe his creatures must do perfect things.

So why don't you explain to me your understanding of what it means for God to be perfect. Fair enough?

So why don't you explain to me your understanding of what it means for God to be perfect. Fair enough?

Beats me. I didn't make the claim. It's religion. I stopped trying to make sense out of it a long time ago.

Beats me. I didn't make the claim. It's religion. I stopped trying to make sense out of it a long time ago.
Here's my take on God.

My perception of God would be like an ant's perception of us. It just isn't possible to fully wrap our minds around. So my answer to your question about God being perfect is based upon my sincerest effort to answer the question of origin and fully explore the possibility of mind creating the material world.

The closest I can come to perceiving God is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite goodness, infinite beauty and infinite love which are eternal and unchanging. We know that things like logic, truth, goodness, beauty and love exist. To complete the spectrum we know the absence of those things exist as well but are not extant. So I start from the extant to describe what I believe mind to be like.

So I don't see how God could be anything but perfect and if there is something which argues against this, then it is the argument itself which is in error. For instance, bad acts of men would be an illogical argument against infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite goodness, infinite beauty and infinite love existing. The material world is not perfect. It's full of all kinds of defects. It is the nature of the material world. To argue there is no such thing as infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite goodness, infinite beauty and infinite love because the material world has defects doesn't make sense.

Forum List

Back