Why did God let coronavirus happen?

The prophet Joseph Smith, while placed in captivity in a dungeon, received the following council from our Lord.

Doctrine and Covenants 122:5-8

5 If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;

7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

Before coming to the earth, we all chose to come here and partake of the experiences of a fallen world. In the end, all the hardships we suffer in this world will be for our good. By experiencing opposition in all things, we can learn to prize the good over the bad. It builds our characters for the world to come. This life is but a blip in the vast eternities. But it is essential for us to come here and receive a body and experience many hardships along with many joyous experiences. Some are called upon to give their lives for the work of the Lord. Great are the eternal blessing of such. We must hold fast to the iron rod and look forward to our eternal reward as faithful disciples of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? Doesn’t he care that innocent people are suffering and dying? It seems unjust. If God exists, isn't he strong enough to stop this madness?

I once was quite skeptical about faith matters and did not accept these ideas right away. It took time, interaction, reflection, and analysis. But exposure to this reasoning was a necessary start. Maybe this can get you thinking.

Stay safe. And inquisitive

1. This isn't Heaven yet

2. People who want to credit God for all the faults in the world usually do not credit Him for any of their blessing. Ain't that a kick in the head?

How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? Doesn’t he care that innocent people are suffering and dying? It seems unjust. If God exists, isn't he strong enough to stop this madness?

I once was quite skeptical about faith matters and did not accept these ideas right away. It took time, interaction, reflection, and analysis. But exposure to this reasoning was a necessary start. Maybe this can get you thinking.

What would your creation look like if you were an omnipotent omnipresent being that created time and space such that beings that know and create would arise?

"In the beginning practise compassion, in the middle practise compassion, and at the end practise compassion " - Dalai Lama

compassion without wisdom is not compassion, compassion without action is hypocritical

... How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic? ...

Why do you think he "allowed" it? Tell me somehting about a universe where the Corona virus is not able to exist and tell me whether you are able to live in this universe - or whether you like to live in such a universe ...

By the way: I see in Corona a teacher, which teaches us a lot about what we all make wrong. For me Corona makes a puzzle more complete wich shows all mankind ways how better to live in the future. For example Corona teaches us to use much more rationality and love in context of political and economic decisions.

Last edited:

God's dietary laws if followed means no wet markets, enough said.
The removal of laws by Lucifer's worshipers is why you allow do as you feel good lawlessness even if it does harm in the end.

I think there were the Chinese -and not God- the ones who let the Corona virus to happen.

The USA is responsible for the so called "spanish influenca" from 1918-1920, which came from Kansas and had killed 20 up to 100 million people worldwide. So what do you think now, how the USA should punish the USA because you had let this virus happen?

And what do you think about this: The USA under Trump was/is in war against world economy - was/is in war against everyone and everything on this planet for a "great USA" - whatever this could be. Now suddenly appears a virus, which blocks the world economy and fights against the normal life of everyone. And the very greatest superpower the world ever had seen - with the world greatest superpresident since the homo Neanderthaliensis had died out - is suddenly very little and very helpless. And what is now the strength of the United States? Unity? Rationality? Love? ... Or a "liberate" civil war propaganda - ¿against? or ¿for? a very little piece of dead 'ungreat' matter? ...

Last edited:
How could a loving, just, and powerful God allow a tragedy like the coronavirus pandemic?
- because they are saving the world from tramp and his followers ... all hail the Almighty.

covid-19 stands tall against the sinners .... and sadly the inflicted innocent the sinners have caused as well.

"In the beginning practise compassion, in the middle practise compassion, and at the end practise compassion " - Dalai Lama

compassion without wisdom is not compassion, compassion without action is hypocritical

Why is in your view to the world compassion without wisdom not compassion?

Romans 5:3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;

Hmmm ... And what was the name of the Christian girl or lady, who had sent you back into the desert of your own hell, so you hate all Christians now? ...
Excuse you very much....ripping on the evil iron aged handbook is not equivalent to hating christians. Stop being a moron.

Don't read the bible. Ask Christians. Problem solved.
Oh i know. Christians draw their morality from the place and time they were born, generally. Not from the vile, iron aged handbook. And that's a good thing.
Morality? Handbook? Iron age? Good thing? ... Hmm ... I guess you may be bored. Did you ever try to think about why e = lim n->oo (1+1/n)^n? Why is (1+1/oo)^oo = (1+0)^oo = e?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back