Why Deities Are Not In The Constitution

mascale

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Even in Kentucky, there are some things you just don't discuss: Like "Rand Paul" at a Kentucky Republican "Unity" rally!

Kentucky Republicans Show 'Unity' Behind Rand Paul - Yahoo! News

There are some things that actually do not exist, and other things that you actually wish: Did not exist!

Finally, in the Bill of Rights, the original Deists finally conceded that there could be no government support of religion, and no government denial of religion.

Again: There are some things that actually do not exist, and other things that you actually wish: Did not exist. Even the Republicans are slowly coming around to this understanding of America, in our world.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(It has long been a tenet of wise campaigning, in The Colonies, to keep the actual candidates out of sight, and out of mind!(?) Then we are reminded that these people actually have The Bomb!)

The whole point of the first amendment was to protect the free expression of religion and not to destroy as so many liberals keep attempting to do. Everytime someone professes some religious belief such as being christian they say "separation of church and state" and blah blah balh. The first sentence of that amendment says 'congress shall pass no law...' which means it is a limitation on the congress itself and not on individuals, politicians, or anyone else so the first amendment can't be used to silence by expression of my own religion or anyone elses.

Liberals haven't gotten that yet and seem to think they can just closet people who profess their belief in God.

Even in Kentucky, there are some things you just don't discuss: Like "Rand Paul" at a Kentucky Republican "Unity" rally!

There are some things that actually do not exist, and other things that you actually wish: Did not exist!

Finally, in the Bill of Rights, the original Deists finally conceded that there could be no government support of religion, and no government denial of religion.

Again: There are some things that actually do not exist, and other things that you actually wish: Did not exist. Even the Republicans are slowly coming around to this understanding of America, in our world.

(It has long been a tenet of wise campaigning, in The Colonies, to keep the actual candidates out of sight, and out of mind!(?) Then we are reminded that these people actually have The Bomb!)

Incorrect. Try again.

Despite the secular nature of our national government, there is one unambiguous reference to Christ in the Constitution. Article VII dates the Constitution in "the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven."

Despite the secular nature of our national government, there is one unambiguous reference to Christ in the Constitution. Article VII dates the Constitution in "the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven."

Well....there you have it

We are a Christian Nation

Well....there you have it

We are a Christian Nation

What a brilliant exposition!

Has anyone ever told you you have a way with words?

The whole point of the first amendment was to protect the free expression of religion and not to destroy as so many liberals keep attempting to do.

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

:rolleyes:

There are four references to ‘Devine’ in Declaration of Independence… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ 2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,” 3) Supreme Judge of the world, and 4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.
This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Devine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

Who was the author of the Declaration of Independence?

BTW, have you noted the inscription on Thomas Jefferson's tombstone?
"Here was buried Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of American Independence, of the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, and father of the University of Virginia."
Jefferson designed the tombstone, and he wrote the inscription. One can infer that these were his proudest achievements.

The whole point of the first amendment was to protect the free expression of religion and not to destroy as so many liberals keep attempting to do.

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

There are four references to ‘Devine’ in Declaration of Independence… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ 2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,” 3) Supreme Judge of the world, and 4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.
This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Devine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

"Here was buried Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of American Independence, of the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, and father of the University of Virginia."
Jefferson designed the tombstone, and he wrote the inscription. One can infer that these were his proudest achievements.

Maybe he was hedging his bets...just in case

Yeah!!!!

Good thing they weren't using the Heathen Calendar. :lol::lol::lol:

Hey....c'mon....we are talkin'-'bout Politicians!!

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind." - Thomas Jefferson

Ya' wanna get more-current??​

"The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." - Abraham Lincoln

EASILY....with the voters.​

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." - Abraham Lincoln

Mr. Shame, why do you insist that it's necessary that you be convinced of the existence of a deity?

It seems that you have no understanding of either the nature of faith, or of the nature of the deity created by the left.

Neither have you accounted for Thomas Jefferson's inclusions in the Declaration...nor the significance of the inscription on his tombstone.

Possibly your limitations prevent same.

Last edited:

Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. It was set out in note 233 of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics.
Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah!!!!

Good thing they weren't using the Heathen Calendar. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't give up the day job.

Mr. Shame, why do you insist that it's necessary that you be convinced of the existence of a deity?
It's not necessary (for me).

I don't believe in Santa Claus or The Easter Bunny, either.

I think it's got something-to-do with Maturity.​

Last edited:
It's not necessary (for me).

I don't believe in Santa Claus or The Easter Bunny, either.​
And, few give a shit that you don't. So, why do YOU care so much about others' beliefs?
Because TOO-many of them feel they've got some Divine Right to legislate, based on their beliefs!! (...Or, so they say!!)

Look at how-often conservatives have been hustled by anti-Gay/pro-Family-types....who've ended-up being NEITHER!!! Typically....they're the same folks who're all-the-time talkin' about what God's told them...to tell everyone-else!!

I've got a little too-much self-respect to allow other people tellin' me what's best, for me. Ultimately, I'VE gotta live with the outcomes of my decisions. I don't need someone (else), to blame, 'cause my Life isn't goin' the way I'd planned.​

Forum List

Back