Why decent minded people pay no attention to Snopes

Mac1958
I curious as to your opinion on this. I assume you think she is a domestic terrorist and Snopes is full of shit?

The definition is codified in LAW.
They made that shit up and you cultists eat right from their hand :lol:

No actually it is not codified in law.

Domestic terrorism or homegrown terrorism is a form of terrorism in which victims "within a country are targeted by a perpetrator with the same citizenship" as the victims.[1] There are many definitions of terrorism, and none of them are universally accepted. The United States Department of State defined terrorism in 2003 as "premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience."[1] There is no Federal criminal offense designated as domestic terrorism.

Domestic terrorism or homegrown terrorism is a form of terrorism in which victims "within a country are targeted by a perpetrator with the same citizenship" as the victims.[1] There are many definitions of terrorism, and none of them are universally accepted. The United States Department of State defined terrorism in 2003 as "premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience."[1] There is no Federal criminal offense designated as domestic terrorism.
No it is not, but your post is codified shit.

Guess what? Snopes really did get this one wrong. You don't want this chick anywhere near you or even living in your town. If domestic terrorist did have a universal definition, it might have her picture beside it.

So there is no such thing as paying one's debt and moving on to become a law abiding citizen and sitting on a board? I don't quite understand that.

Wrong.
You went on defense so quick you couldnt even bother to read the fuckin OP :lol:
18 U.S. Code § 2331 - Definitions | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
(5)the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A)
involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B)appear to be intended—
(i)
to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii)
to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii)
to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C)
occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States; and

Wrong.
You went on defense so quick you couldnt even bother to read the fuckin OP :lol:
18 U.S. Code § 2331 - Definitions | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
(A)
involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(i)
(ii)
(iii)
to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C)

And? Yes, the law is murky at best and changes need to be made to make them tougher. The assholes who sacked our Capitol need to be treated no differently than the way we treat Islamic terrorists once caught. Let's see if 16 years in prison turns any of them into responsible citizens.

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years' imprisonment on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison, during which she became a poet, author, and AIDS activist. Her sentence was commuted to time served by President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001,[5] his final day in office.[6][7]

Mac1958
I curious as to your opinion on this. I assume you think she is a domestic terrorist and Snopes is full of shit?
If she engaged in domestic terrorism, yes. If she enables domestic terrorism by refusing to hold her folks accountable, she's an enabler of domestic terrorism and part of the problem. Just like any Trumpster here. Same rules.

Easiest question I'll get all day.

Regarding Snopes, I don't take what any one source says as fact. It's just one source. I did not read that article.

Wrong.
(A)
(i)
(ii)
(iii)
(C)

And? Yes, the law is murky at best and changes need to be made to make them tougher. The assholes who sacked our Capitol need to be treated no differently than the way we treat Islamic terrorists once caught. Let's see if 16 years in prison turns any of them into responsible citizens.

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years' imprisonment on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison, during which she became a poet, author, and AIDS activist. Her sentence was commuted to time served by President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001,[5] his final day in office.[6][7]
Its plain as day. Its literally codified into law. Plain English. 4th grade reading comprehension.
Imagine how you would react if trump went out the door commuting the sentence of a person that bombed congress lol. Yall went crazy over Elliot Broidy FFS :lol:

Mac1958
If she engaged in domestic terrorism, yes. If she enables domestic terrorism by refusing to hold her folks accountable, she's an enabler of domestic terrorism and part of the problem. Just like any Trumpster here. Same rules.

Regarding Snopes, I don't take what any one source says as fact. It's just one source. I did not read that article.
You have to just judge this one source. The whole point was this one article.

Its plain as day. Its literally codified into law. Plain English. 4th grade reading comprehension.
Imagine how you would react if trump went out the door commuting the sentence of a person that bombed congress lol. Yall went crazy over Elliot Broidy FFS :lol:

Rump pardoned the assholes who murdered 14 innocent civilians. How many did Susan kill?

Did a 'Convicted Terrorist' Sit on the Board of a BLM Funding Body? (snopes.com)

What's True
Susan Rosenberg has served as vice chair of the board of directors for Thousand Currents, an organization that provides fundraising and fiscal sponsorship for the Black Lives Matter Global Movement. She was an active member of revolutionary left-wing movements whose illegal activities included bombing U.S. government buildings and committing armed robberies.
What's Undetermined
In the absence of a single, universally-agreed definition of "terrorism," it is a matter of subjective determination as to whether the actions for which Rosenberg was convicted and imprisoned — possession of weapons and hundreds of pounds of explosives — should be described as acts of "domestic terrorism."

She was charged with bombing the US senate in the 80s. Got caught with hundreds of pounds of explosives. Was in a few terrorist groups etc.
But her actions described as "domestic terrorism" is questionable. LOL
Instead of simply saying "true" they call it a "mixture" and throw in some bullshit.
Here is the definition from the FBI
Domestic Terrorism: Definitions, Terminology, and Methodology — FBI
Thats right folks. The definition was written into US law.
I don't always agree with a fact checker's conclusions, but the sources they use are usually helpful in either googling further or making up my mind.

In this case, I'd say they were trying pretty damned hard not to call her a terrorist, but why didn't the DOJ either?

Rump pardoned the assholes who murdered 14 innocent civilians. How many did Susan kill?

We'll never know how many Bobo killed..........

..............." the numbers of civilians killed by Obama’s bombs could be in the thousands. But we can’t know for sure as the administration, and the mainstream media, has been virtually silent about the civilian toll of the administration’s failed interventions."

jesus

Mac1958

You have to just judge this one source. The whole point was this one article.
Skimming through it, if I saw it fresh, I'd think it leaned toward saying she was guilty: " As such, a supportable (though not definitive) case exists for claiming that the crimes of which Rosenberg was convicted in 1985 were indeed acts of domestic terrorism."

Guess what? Snopes really did get this one wrong. You don't want this chick anywhere near you or even living in your town. If domestic terrorist did have a universal definition, it might have her picture beside it.

So there is no such thing as paying one's debt and moving on to become a law abiding citizen and sitting on a board? I don't quite understand that.
Come on, man! She did not pay her debt. Nobody ever said she did. The debt was 58 years. She didn't even get a pardon. Her debt (in prison) was just commuted. Not the same. My general advice is never trust anybody who was involved in that sort of thing, especially with ties to organizations like the May 19th Communist Organization. Sounds better when you call it M19CO, but that is what it stands for. Communists do not come around. They just lay low or go underground. It's their thing and they will always bear watching.
You and I agree on a lot of things. That said, a bunch of people actually try to associate liberals falsely with communists. It generally is not true and will not be unless normal liberals grant acceptance to people with strong ties to communist organizations, especially violent communist organizations. I grew up in the 60s, never tolerant of Russian Communist, Chinese Communists or Cuban Communists or any other. I even quit buy gasoline from any outlet owned by the Governor of Tennessee because he bought it from Hugo Chavez and would still will push my car before shopping at his businesses, though Chavez died in 2013. I am too old to change and do not see the need. Just sayin, dude,

Did a 'Convicted Terrorist' Sit on the Board of a BLM Funding Body? (snopes.com)

What's True
Susan Rosenberg has served as vice chair of the board of directors for Thousand Currents, an organization that provides fundraising and fiscal sponsorship for the Black Lives Matter Global Movement. She was an active member of revolutionary left-wing movements whose illegal activities included bombing U.S. government buildings and committing armed robberies.
What's Undetermined
In the absence of a single, universally-agreed definition of "terrorism," it is a matter of subjective determination as to whether the actions for which Rosenberg was convicted and imprisoned — possession of weapons and hundreds of pounds of explosives — should be described as acts of "domestic terrorism."

She was charged with bombing the US senate in the 80s. Got caught with hundreds of pounds of explosives. Was in a few terrorist groups etc.
Instead of simply saying "true" they call it a "mixture" and throw in some bullshit.
I don't always agree with a fact checker's conclusions, but the sources they use are usually helpful in either googling further or making up my mind.

In this case, I'd say they were trying pretty damned hard not to call her a terrorist, but why didn't the DOJ either?
I think the terrorist charges were dropped because of a plea deal. I might be wrong.

What's True
What's Undetermined

I think the terrorist charges were dropped because of a plea deal. I might be wrong.
And then, thinking they had locked her up until she was old, toothless and harmless, along comes a Pres to commute her sentence! For the shit that girl was up to, they shouldn't have made a deal! Lazy fuckers.

Forum List

Back