Why cops don’t support gun control….

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The cops I know are against gun control….they know they cant be there when you need them….

A deeper look at the issue….

To be fair, that’s likely part of it. You can’t, among other things, demonize law enforcement and then expect them to side with you come election time. It’s absolute insanity to do so.

And in recent years, Democrats have spent a lot of time demonizing cops. “Defund the police” wasn’t exactly a GOP talking point, now was it?

However, I think that only skims the surface, at best.

You see, I grew up around law enforcement. While The Atlantic talks to union representatives and people like that, I was surrounded by the street cops who actually deal with crime; officers like my dad.

Why did they oppose gun control? Because they’d seen too many incidents of horrible things happening to good people because they just couldn’t get there in time.

1654897824510.png

They police are the ones who will be charged with the act of having people surrender their legally purchased firearms to them.

If that happens those same now disarmed people will be less willing to cooperate with the police in the future when they're conducting an important investigation because they now have less means to protect themselves from backlash if they do talk to the police.

"I didn't see anything mister police man."

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back