Why can't Trump and Sanders go Rogue.

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I think it is fair assessment that the political establishment of both parties won't allow outsiders such as Trump or Sanders to win. They are doing everything they can to prevent that from happening. Normally these people don't have any popular support but this election cycle seems different.

I think it is fair assessment that the political establishment of both parties won't allow outsiders such as Trump or Sanders to win. They are doing everything they can to prevent that from happening. Normally these people don't have any popular support but this election cycle seems different.

Because they know if they do, they are pretty much guaranteeing a win for the other side. America as a whole is too ignorant to do a third party. Instead elections are nothing more than football games where people's only goal is their side winning even though their side is helping with the problems in America. Hell most people can't even name their own senators in their states let alone become knowledgeable in politics. When people know more about entertainment celebrities than their own representatives, this country is doomed in the long run.

Who, exactly, is this "establishment", and at what point do you become one of the "establishment"? Given that Sanders is a member of the Senate, I cannot see him being anything but part of the establishment. If he is outside of the "establishment", then it is probably by choice.

Are you sure you really know what you are talking about? Perhaps you should stop digesting so much material from the talking heads on television, Sparky.

I would not call sanders an outsider, he is and absolute career politician.
The lowest of life forms

CSkmjIIUYAAd01o.jpg

Who, exactly, is this "establishment", and at what point do you become one of the "establishment"? Given that Sanders is a member of the Senate, I cannot see him being anything but part of the establishment. If he is outside of the "establishment", then it is probably by choice.

Are you sure you really know what you are talking about? Perhaps you should stop digesting so much material from the talking heads on television, Sparky.

So you really think that Trump or Sanders stand a chance at third party?

And as for Sanders being the establishment, no he isn't because he wants to go way further left than most of the Dems. Just like Ron Paul wasn't the establishment.

I think it's you who doesn't know what they are talking about.

I would not call sanders an outsider, he is and absolute career politician.
The lowest of life forms

He wants to go further left than the majority of the Dems, yes he is not part of the establishment.

The rigged duopoly is rigged. Period.
MSM and the establishment has done everything in the world to demonize trump and ignore sanders.
And the voters are a bunch of fuckin dupes.

And as for Sanders being the establishment, no he isn't because he wants to go way further left than most of the Dems. Just like Ron Paul wasn't the establishment.

Hillary wants to go a lot farther left than the majority of Dems, certainly farther left than most Dems would historically go. Does that make Hillary outside of the establishment?

Note, I think that everyone knows HRC is a whore. I use her as an example merely for academic reasons, so don't get lost in the specifics of the analogy, Opie.

bm5WeEp.jpg

Even Stewart who is far from genius can see how bat shit crazy the Bernie and his supporters are...

Hillary wants to go a lot farther left than the majority of Dems, certainly farther left than most Dems would historically go. Does that make Hillary outside of the establishment?

Note, I think that everyone knows HRC is a whore. I use her as an example merely for academic reasons, so don't get lost in the specifics of the analogy, Opie.

No, Hillary is right in line with the Dems on the establishment with her voting record. She talks, but she doesn't walk the talk. In the end she votes right in line with the others.

You can answer your own question I think--------------> Put Hillary at the top of the Dem ticket, and any Republican of your choosing at the top of theirs.

Now then, name me one candidate from either party; or even one person in America today running 3rd party who could run and have even a 1/3rd chance of ending up President!

If nobody gets enough electoral votes, (270) then it goes to the house of representatives I believe. Think they would install a 3rd party candidate as President? Not in our wildest dreams.

If nobody gets enough electoral votes, (270) then it goes to the house of representatives I believe. Think they would install a 3rd party candidate as President? Not in our wildest dreams.

You hit the nail on the head. This is why we are a two-party system and always have been. The only times we've had a third party candidate, they played the role of spoiler. You have to go way back in history to the Whig party to find an example where one of the major two parties imploded and a viable third party became the "other" party... still a two-party system.

You hit the nail on the head. This is why we are a two-party system and always have been. The only times we've had a third party candidate, they played the role of spoiler. You have to go way back in history to the Whig party to find an example where one of the major two parties imploded and a viable third party became the "other" party... still a two-party system.

The two party system was acceptable when both sides at least cared for Americans whether they were GOP or Dem. Now each side only cares about implementing THEIR policies and staying elected the other side be damned. The last two decades has exemplified that.

The two party system was acceptable when both sides at least cared for Americans whether they were GOP or Dem. Now each side only cares about implementing THEIR policies and staying elected the other side be damned. The last two decades has exemplified that.

Hey, you won't get an argument from me on the point you are making! At least the Republicans have a vast group going from very conservative, to extremely moderate.

If I was a Democrat, I would be totally pissed though. You basically have 2 choices, and very little depth. I am not going to sit here and proclaim that they "stacked the deck," but one has to wonder how Democratic politicians knowing that the last 2 Democratic Presidents (Obama/Clinton) were virtual unknowns in most political circles, didn't jump in en mass trying to again grab that "bottled lightning!" I find that extremely perplexing, knowing Hillary is NOT a fave of the voters at all.

Here is the deal... WE elect the parties! US... The People who VOTE!

If you do not like that your party isn't working with the other side, you have to elect more moderates who will work with the other side. Democrats ran all their moderates out. People like Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman are no more. They are a party controlled by rabid fanatical ideologues and they aren't interested in "working with" anyone unless "working with" means the others are going along with their agenda.

On the Republican side, you have the opposite happening... career politicians who are afraid of making a bold stand or really state any kind of core position on the issues... floundering around without any kind of vision or voice, trying to be everything to everybody and being nothing to anybody. They have a smattering of Conservatives who are constantly berated and belittled, chided and ridiculed as wackos and crazies, insulted and denigrated to death for having the nerve to actually stand for something.

The two-party system has been acceptable for over 200 years and there is nothing wrong with the system. The problem is who we are electing. WE... US... the PEOPLE. It's not the system's fault, it's OUR fault. The DNC and RNC do not INSTALL politicians into political office.

Why can't Trump and Sanders go Rogue

Haven't you been listening to them? They already have.

Here is the deal... WE elect the parties! US... The People who VOTE!

If you do not like that your party isn't working with the other side, you have to elect more moderates who will work with the other side. Democrats ran all their moderates out. People like Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman are no more. They are a party controlled by rabid fanatical ideologues and they aren't interested in "working with" anyone unless "working with" means the others are going along with their agenda.

On the Republican side, you have the opposite happening... career politicians who are afraid of making a bold stand or really state any kind of core position on the issues... floundering around without any kind of vision or voice, trying to be everything to everybody and being nothing to anybody. They have a smattering of Conservatives who are constantly berated and belittled, chided and ridiculed as wackos and crazies, insulted and denigrated to death for having the nerve to actually stand for something.

The two-party system has been acceptable for over 200 years and there is nothing wrong with the system. The problem is who we are electing. WE... US... the PEOPLE. It's not the system's fault, it's OUR fault. The DNC and RNC do not INSTALL politicians into political office.

Yes and it is everyone's fault the state of the country is in that votes for either Dem or GOP. Accept YOUR mistakes. YOU are the problem.

well you saw a small example of why not last night

sanders split the dem vote 50 ta 50

sanders would disappear before that was allowed to happen

--LOL

Forum List

Back