Why can't states opt out of Obamacare?

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
With Rick Perry saying he won't implement Obamacare in Texas, and Rick Scott saying the same in Florida, I was wondering why not let states opt out if they wish to? If nothing else couldn't it prove whether or not Obama's plan would work the best or if Rick Perry and Rick Scott had better solutions for their own constituents? I also wouldn't be opposed to letting certain states push further for even more socialized medicare as well, and then we can see the successes and failures of these programs as well.
In California you could have single payer instituted by the government, and in Texas you could have private insurance companies and HMOs running the show with no government regulation at all.
Do we deserve to have a real choice?

With Rick Perry saying he won't implement Obamacare in Texas, and Rick Scott saying the same in Florida, I was wondering why not let states opt out if they wish to? If nothing else couldn't it prove whether or not Obama's plan would work the best or if Rick Perry and Rick Scott had better solutions for their own constituents? I also wouldn't be opposed to letting certain states push further for even more socialized medicare as well, and then we can see the successes and failures of these programs as well.
In California you could have single payer instituted by the government, and in Texas you could have private insurance companies and HMOs running the show with no government regulation at all.
No, we don't deserve it. We elected this fool twice. We deserve what we get.

Why should taxpayers in the other 49 states fund California?

With Innovation Waivers, States Can Go Their Own Way on Obamacare

Forum List

Back