Why can't staff members be put on ignore?

you can ignore posts from anyone you want without the ignore list

It's pretty hard to do sometimes, if we are to be honest, especially if the person follows you around the board, posts in your thread, addresses your posts, says nasty things about you, tries to sway other people's opinions of you (or ruin your reputation with others), etc. There are sickos out there, you know!

There are also posters who deserve nothing more than the ignore function because they contribute little or nothing to making the forum a good place to post.

It's pretty hard to do sometimes, if we are to be honest, especially if the person follows you around the board, posts in your thread, addresses your posts, says nasty things about you, tries to sway other people's opinions of you (or ruin your reputation with others), etc. There are sickos out there, you know!

There are also posters who deserve nothing more than the ignore function because they contribute little or nothing to making the forum a good place to post.

Yeah, but they might add a little color :D :eusa_dance:

No they don't. Maybe the color black or gray. :)

On Topic: All you have to do to ignore a moderator is hold down ALT and spam the F4 button.

;)

That's easy. Leave the forum, then you can ignore anything you want.

You here, it's their forum their rules. Deal with it.
Agreed. The forum is free and I support the owners running it however they please. A person who doeasn't like it can leave and start their own forum. FWIW, I've never seen a forum which allowed members to ignore staff for the reasons mentioned by ChrisL

On Topic: All you have to do to ignore a moderator is hold down ALT and press F4

;)

Are you being serious? How would that work? :lol:

That's easy. Leave the forum, then you can ignore anything you want.

You here, it's their forum their rules. Deal with it.
Agreed. The forum is free and I support the owners running it however they please. A person who doeasn't like it can leave and start their own forum. FWIW, I've never seen a forum which allowed members to ignore staff for the reasons mentioned by ChrisL

Or you can argue your points with the moderators instead of ignoring them. :)

Stalkers are a different problem and can be dealt with via reporting to the mods. Most, however, feed of the anger and resentment of others. If they are ignored, they tend to find others to stalk. Such people truly are very fucked up and sick in the head.

Stalkers are a different problem and can be dealt with via reporting to the mods. Most, however, feed of the anger and resentment of others. If they are ignored, they tend to find others to stalk. Such people truly are very fucked up and sick in the head.

That's not always true. There have been weirdos that I put on ignore who will still comment on posts (you can see them when others quote them even with "ignore"). There are some people who are attracted to these types of message boards who have some serious problems.

Yes well, harassing people on the internet is viewed differently than if you do it in real life because people say "you can just log off or stop posting!" but WHY should the trolls/stalkers get to win?

Yes well, harassing people on the internet is viewed differently than if you do it in real life because people say "you can just log off or stop posting!" but WHY should the trolls/stalkers get to win?
Trolls/stalkers can't win unless they provoke an emotional reaction. I've never, ever been hurt simply by typed words on a screen.

Trolls/stalkers can't win unless they provoke an emotional reaction. I've never, ever been hurt simply by typed words on a screen.

That is not true at all either. There have been people who have committed suicide because of "words on a screen" or words in real life. I'm not for censorship of course, but I am for not allowing posters to harass other posters. That is just not right, and the people who are being harassed (like I have been), should not have to be punished and leave when they have done nothing wrong or nothing to deserve such shabby treatment.

It's one thing if you are posting in the Flamer Zone, then that is to be expected, but when you start an innocent thread in "general discussion" and you get a stalker troll there, then there is a problem. While I like this place and it is interesting, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to have a reasonable discussion here because of the "anything goes" policies.

That is not true at all either. There have been people who have committed suicide because of "words on a screen" or words in real life. I'm not for censorship of course, but I am for not allowing posters to harass other posters. That is just not right, and the people who are being harassed (like I have been), should not have to be punished and leave when they have done nothing wrong or nothing to deserve such shabby treatment.
Yes, kids have committed suicide, but not just from "words on a screen". It was part of a pattern of harassment from their social circles. Also, anyone who commits suicide due to such harassment (or murder for that matter) has more problems than being harassed. HS kids aside, how many times have you been physically harmed by another poster simply by their words? Again, trolls can't win unless they provoke a reaction from you. If you don't react, they lose.

Forum List

Back