Why can't Obama STFU?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
i mean really, 17 minutes in response to a woman asking whether more taxes for health care was a wise idea. she said,"we're overtaxed as it is." put a sock in it already, wilya?

CHARLOTTE - Even by President Obama's loquacious standards, an answer he gave here on health care Friday was a doozy.

Toward the end of a question-and-answer session with workers at an advanced battery technology manufacturer, a woman named Doris stood to ask the president whether it was a "wise decision to add more taxes to us with the health care" package.

"We are over-taxed as it is," Doris said bluntly.

Obama started out feisty. "Well, let's talk about that, because this is an area where there's been just a whole lot of misinformation, and I'm going to have to work hard over the next several months to clean up a lot of the misapprehensions that people have," the president said.

He then spent the next 17 minutes and 12 seconds lulling the crowd into a daze.....

Halfway through, an audience member on the riser yawned.

But Obama wasn't finished. He had a "final point," before starting again with another list -- of three points.....

It was not evident that he changed any minds at Friday's event. The audience sat politely, but people in the back of the room began to wander off.

Even Obama seemed to recognize that he had gone on too long. He apologized -- in keeping with the spirit of the moment, not once, but twice. "Boy, that was a long answer. I'm sorry," he said, drawing nervous laughter that sounded somewhat like relief as he wrapped up.

But, he said: "I hope I answered your question."

:rofl: even he lost track of wtf he said. :clap2:

44 - Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g"]He never saw a mirror he didn't like[/ame]

Ego in inverse proportion to accomplishements

i mean really, 17 minutes in response to a woman asking whether more taxes for health care was a wise idea. she said,"we're overtaxed as it is." put a sock in it already, wilya?

CHARLOTTE - Even by President Obama's loquacious standards, an answer he gave here on health care Friday was a doozy.

Toward the end of a question-and-answer session with workers at an advanced battery technology manufacturer, a woman named Doris stood to ask the president whether it was a "wise decision to add more taxes to us with the health care" package.

Obama started out feisty. "Well, let's talk about that, because this is an area where there's been just a whole lot of misinformation, and I'm going to have to work hard over the next several months to clean up a lot of the misapprehensions that people have," the president said.

He then spent the next 17 minutes and 12 seconds lulling the crowd into a daze.....

But Obama wasn't finished. He had a "final point," before starting again with another list -- of three points.....

It was not evident that he changed any minds at Friday's event. The audience sat politely, but people in the back of the room began to wander off.

Even Obama seemed to recognize that he had gone on too long. He apologized -- in keeping with the spirit of the moment, not once, but twice. "Boy, that was a long answer. I'm sorry," he said, drawing nervous laughter that sounded somewhat like relief as he wrapped up.

44 - Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'

BFD.

Get the t-shirt.

:lol:

We used to have an employee in our company that would always talk around questions, never really answer them. What we learned quickly is that he did this only to create a smoke screen to hide the fact he didn't really know what he was talking about. He was fired.

Obama sounded much like this employee in this exchange you provided. If he can't answer the question directly, he talks completely around it until everyone including himself forgets what the question was.

He only stopped talking after 17 minutes because he was afraid that if he heard the sound of his own voice for a few minutes more, he might have an orgasm.

There is no point to taking that long to answer a yes or no question.

Id love to know about the misinformation about taxes is.

That is pretty funny.

He should have just replied that we have the lowest tax rate of any successful country and left it at that.

He only stopped talking after 17 minutes because he was afraid that if he heard the sound of his own voice for a few minutes more, he might have an orgasm.

I'm sure old tingly leg Chris Matthews did

haha, like he's gonna give a fuck about the tax he takes from a hard working factory worker. His people are mostly on the government teat, be it through employment or social program. There's no comprehension of what private business is, other than a revenue source for his social programs and the ever growing administration of those programs.

I've always believed that if someone cannot explain something to me in layman's terms, there's a good chance that they have no firm grasp on what they are talking about either.

Forum List

Back