Why aren't the anti-choice people against birth control pills.

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
In the rare chance an egg is produced while a woman is on birth control, the birth control pill will often cause a fertilized egg - in other words - a HUMAN BEING - to fail to attach to the uterine wall. This results in an abortion.

Why is it OK to kill an embryo right after conception with a birth control pill, but not anything else?

You're assuming people who are anti-choice are actually "anti-choice". They're only "anti-other people's choice", therefore they can twist their silly ideology to fit their own personal needs comfortably.

That's an extremely valid observation. Most pro-lifers use birth control and have abortions as a byproduct of such usage. Especially the ones using IUD's. All artificial birth control causes abortions, some at higher rates than others, but a woman who is sexually active from 15-45 and is on birth control the entire time, except to have 2 children, will, on average, have 1-5 abortions depending on the pill she's on. If she's using an IUD, the number could easily be in the hundreds.

Also, I don't see much difference between the mentality and rationale behind abortion and birth control usage.

In the rare chance an egg is produced while a woman is on birth control, the birth control pill will often cause a fertilized egg - in other words - a HUMAN BEING - to fail to attach to the uterine wall. This results in an abortion.

Why is it OK to kill an embryo right after conception with a birth control pill, but not anything else?
What about the fertilized eggs which fail to attach naturally to the uterine wall? Does nature itself have a process to abort a pregnancy?

Besides: who is going to scream "MURDERER!" at a fifteen year old scared out of her wits kid when the pill kicks in? Where's the fun in that?

It has nothing to do with "eggs". It's all about the "sex". Sex out side of marriage between one man and one woman is dirty. You should be stoned, and I don't mean the "good" kind.

Remember, it you teach sex education to kids, they will all do it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned

What about the fertilized eggs which fail to attach naturally to the uterine wall? Does nature itself have a process to abort a pregnancy?

Besides: who is going to scream "MURDERER!" at a fifteen year old scared out of her wits kid when the pill kicks in? Where's the fun in that?

It isn't natural when a birth control pill is causing it.

I agree. Saying it happens naturally is the same kind of relativism as saying the mailman is going to die anyway, therefore it is ok if I shoot him. Or saying people die naturally all the time, therefore it is ok for me to shoot the mailman.

The two are not a valid comparison. The fact is pro-lifers who use birth control are hypocrites.

I agree. Saying it happens naturally is the same kind of relativism as saying the mailman is going to die anyway, therefore it is ok if I shoot him. Or saying people die naturally all the time, therefore it is ok for me to shoot the mailman.

The two are not a valid comparison. The fact is pro-lifers who use birth control are hypocrites.

There are a lot of pro-lifers that use birth control that aren't hypocrites - but zero anti-choicers.

I don't know what an "anti-choicer" would be. I guess if I am against murder then I am for restricting the choice of people to go out and waste innocent people. Shame on me, big hypocrite.
It's a difference between intending to do something and not intending. No one taking the pill intends to have an abortion in the process. It is a failure of the normal process. Someone going to a clinic to have an abortion intends on killing the baby. That isn't a failure. Failure would be if the baby lives.

There are a lot of pro-lifers that use birth control that aren't hypocrites - but zero anti-choicers.

You've totally lost me now. As far as I'm concerned a pro-lifer/anti-choicer or whatever you want to call them are all the same. They all think abortion should be illegal.

I don't know what an "anti-choicer" would be.
Its someone who is against a woman's rights to her own body, like you.
I guess if I am against murder then I am for restricting the choice of people to go out and waste innocent people.

For a homicide to be murder it has to be against the law.
It's a difference between intending to do something and not intending. No one taking the pill intends to have an abortion in the process.

Drunk drivers don't mean to hurt anyone, either, I guess we shouldn't make it a crime to kill someone while driving drunk.

I don't know what an "anti-choicer" would be. I guess if I am against murder then I am for restricting the choice of people to go out and waste innocent people. Shame on me, big hypocrite.
It's a difference between intending to do something and not intending. No one taking the pill intends to have an abortion in the process. It is a failure of the normal process. Someone going to a clinic to have an abortion intends on killing the baby. That isn't a failure. Failure would be if the baby lives.
It's grand to use the term "murder" when talking about abortion, isn't it? What do you call it when the fertilization clinic cleans out its freezer? Mass murder?

"Murder"! The next to last refuge of a scoundrel. When that bit of hyperbole fails, you can always fall back on "patriotism".

This is like saying you didn't mean to kill anyone when you were shooting into that crowd.

You've totally lost me now. As far as I'm concerned a pro-lifer/anti-choicer or whatever you want to call them are all the same. They all think abortion should be illegal.

They aren't all the same. A pro-lifer favors life. An anti-choicer is against women's rights.

They aren't all the same. A pro-lifer favors life. An anti-choicer is against women's rights.

Use of vague language does you no favors. Neither does inventing your own titles for other people.

Women's rights to what? To eat, not be beaten? You're derailing your own thread. lol

Forum List

Back